Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019 Women's World Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Well deserved. England impressing me tonight, more than previous games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Well deserved. England impressing me tonight, more than previous games.

Yes, look like they could be peaking at the right time. Still no Italy mind you! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭jacool

Should be a couple of more goals in this for England.
    Interested to see if the ref books an English player for preventing a quick free. She's given 3 of them lectures so far, but failed to punish them. Perhaps they get a warning each :)

Norway just missed a huge chance to get back. England will punish that now.

Duggan took the long way off there! I keep forgetting the new rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

That was an absolute beaut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Cracker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Not a bad finish there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bronze with the freedom of the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Super finish but fook me Norway are slow on the uptake. England have had a player there for all the free kicks and tried it a couple of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Jesus that was a cracking hit! Fab goal

• Advertisement

Super strike.
    Never a free though. Bronze threw herself down on the ball after being out-muscled.
    Then she belts in a rocket.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Reminds me of Torsten Frings vs Costa Rica 2006.

Game over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

My nerves were unfounded, England have been good, and Norway way off the level they were apparently capable of.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

They should enjoy this night.
    I can't see beyond a USA vs Germany final (though I've been wrong before!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My nerves were unfounded, England have been good, and Norway way off the level they were apparently capable of.

They look very sluggish compared to the Oz game, but maybe England are just that much better

They look very sluggish compared to the Oz game, but maybe England are just that much better

Im pleased because it's made for an easier game for England, but it's a shame Norway are off the pace, that game was my favourite game of the tournament so far.

No diving for a penalty !!!!!!!!!

Whoever England face next, they can't afford to defend like this!

Norway have had the chances to make a game of this.

jacool wrote: »
    Whoever England face next, they can't afford to defend like this!

They can't, but finishing is definitely not the same standard in the women's game yet. Defences get away with a good bit more in women's football.

• Advertisement

They can't, but finishing is definitely not the same standard in the women's game yet. Defences get away with a good bit more in women's football.
    The US trio, whether Rapinoe-Morgan-Heath or Rapinoe-Lloyd-Heath would have scored 2 or 3 there tonight. They are a step beyond the rest up front.

The US trio, whether Rapinoe-Morgan-Heath or Rapinoe-Lloyd-Heath would have scored 2 or 3 there tonight. They are a step beyond the rest up front.

Yeah, can't argue with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Norway having a mare.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

And here's the obligatory penalty.

England need a different penalty taker.

I really wish that band would shut the f*ck up.

It's coming home, it's coming home (the usual going out at the semi final stage is coming home).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

They should enjoy this night.
    I can't see beyond a USA vs Germany final (though I've been wrong before!)

I wouldn't rule the French out. At home in front of a sell-out crowd of 50,000+ they could rise to the occasion.

The US may have a stellar attack, but their goalkeeper and defence are not fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

England might be favourites now. Can see France bottling the semi's should they get there, I always remember that France v England RWC semi final in 2007 where France went in as heavy favourites against underdog England and choked massively.

I know its comparing apples and oranges with mens rugby and womens football but there is a French mindset sometimes to screw up games they ought to win when they're facing enormous pressure, particularly at home. The Euro 2016 final was another game they were expected to win in front of their home crowd against a mediorce Portugal side and blew it.

The UK press are also suggesting the US might be a spent force, so there is optimism now they might win it understandably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

England quite strong going forward, but really do give up chances at the back. Neither Japan or Norway had the firepower to punish them, but you'd expect them to eventually pay for it.

Advertisement