Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 237: Namajunas vs. Andrade

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Penn and Nogueira need to pack it in. Silva too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

The Nal wrote: »
    Penn and Nogueira need to pack it in. Silva too.

Seen Silva done ligaments. Was that what ended the fight? Knee ligaments I presume

Seen Silva done ligaments. Was that what ended the fight? Knee ligaments I presume

Yup. Caused by a great kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Did that Namajunas KO not come a bit close to being a spike on the head, i.e. illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Did that Namajunas KO not come a bit close to being a spike on the head, i.e. illegal?

https://twitter.com/JohnMcCarthyMMA/status/1127453447899484161?s=19

• Advertisement

Interesting, didn't realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

delighted for andrade who is a good fighter but she's the female john lineker, was being outclassed up till that.
    I really can't see her beating a striker like rose, joanna again bar some
    miracle similiar to last night.
    I hope rose keeps on fighting, will win a rematch if she gets it imo.

the division is pretty weak though apart from jj and rose, rest are pretty average that probably won't trouble andrade (suarez waterson probably have a decent fight in them)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,082 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

In addition to holding the sub, a spike is also straight down on the top of the head. Rose landed flat.

Did Cruz really say "you can't be slammed from a Kimura" or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Aldo was very very poor.

Really wish Anderson would call it a day. It’s sad to see at this stage.

Gutted for Rose. She looked so good early, to lose to a poxy slam like that is puke.

Mellor wrote: »
    In addition to holding the sub, a spike is also straight down on the top of the head. Rose landed flat.

Yeah that was my thinking at the time, she came down on the side of her head and then her body squished across it.

I hadn't heard the thing about holding a sub. Learn something new every day. I think it's a bit daft though. A technique is illegal because it's dangerous. Just because someone was holding a sub doesn't make it not dangerous anymore.

Did Cruz really say "you can't be slammed from a Kimura" or similar?
    Repeatedly. "if Rose holds the Kimura then she always comes out on top even if she gets slammed" or words to that effect.

Oops...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Yeah that was my thinking at the time, she came down on the side of her head and then her body squished across it.

I hadn't heard the thing about holding a sub. Learn something new every day. I think it's a bit daft though. A technique is illegal because it's dangerous. Just because someone was holding a sub doesn't make it not dangerous anymore.

Repeatedly. "if Rose holds the Kimura then she always comes out on top even if she gets slammed" or words to that effect.

Oops...

Rose holding the sub directly affects how she lands from that slam. Had she let the limits go, she likely would have landed flat on her back. Andrade can't be responsible for Rose's action here.

Also, a spike must be directly up and straight down on the head (like a pile driver), once there is an arc to the throw, it's not a spike regardless of how the opponent lands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Still Ill wrote: »
    Jesus.. I'm probably a bit of an MMA noob compared to you guys, but I've never seen a finish like that before!

gifit-1500369806107-1500369823766-0-0-375-600-crop-1500369836908.gif

Similar move put an end to Charlie Ward's UFC hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

mailburner wrote: »
    the division is pretty weak though apart from jj and rose, rest are pretty average that probably won't trouble andrade (suarez waterson probably have a decent fight in them)

Suarez will be champ soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 39,082 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mdwexford wrote: »
    . She looked so good early, to lose to a poxy slam like that is puke.

Crappy way to lose the belt. But one mistake is all it takes at the top of the game.

Crappy way to lose the belt. But one mistake is all it takes at the top of the game.

She didn't seem too sad about it. Don't think she wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Yeah, seems like she doesn't like the pressure of having the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Before they fight she had said she's just looking to make enough money to buy a farm so she can retire and live in peace. She might have met that goal win or lose. You could see the relief once the fight was over. Would love to see her get back in it but would be happy for her if she ends up getting the farm.

Advertisement