Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We'll be shot of Lukaku soon enough thankfully. He's been on again about wanting to play in Serie A "sooner or later."

Sell Lukaku and either stick with rashford and sign a replacement 2nd striker

Or we pay up to Arsenal for one of their brillaint strikers and rashford can take up a place as 2nd to left forward and striker. (arsenal sound like they are short of money and Emery wants a rebuild)

It might set Rashfords neck back in a little (if he is really asking for 300k a week, IMO if he is he should just be sold)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I still think we can grab top 4 by the season out.
    Coild be daft as **** but optimostic.
    We absolutely nees to beat Chelsea though, our run in so much handier

Man Utd 64 : Chelsea(H) Huddersfield(A) Cardiff(H)

Chelsea 67: Man Utd(A) Watford(H) Leicster(A)

Arsenal 66: Leicster (A) Brighton (H) Burnley (A)

I think IF we beat chelsea we will

They both have europa league semis in the remaining fixtures and that is always a toll on teams

The last games will be gung ho if we beat chelsea by 2 or 3 somehow so it should be fun (GD 8 atm double swings in many ways on that result)

Sell Lukaku and either stick with rashford and sign a replacement 2nd striker

Or we pay up to Arsenal for one of their brillaint strikers and rashford can take up a place as 2nd to left forward and striker. (arsenal sound like they are short of money and Emery wants a rebuild)

It might set Rashfords neck back in a little (if he is really asking for 300k a week, IMO if he is he should just be sold)

Rashford has 13 goals this season. He's still young what 21 and has the potential to do it, what the lad needs is an out and out goalscorer in front of him to learn off.
    I mean mentally rashford is good but he's close to the same age as dalot

20/22 lads should not be leading the line for united.

Lets be real, Rashford could be a united for the nect 8/9/10, if he wants, bit he has to go out and get those 20-25 goals a season. Prove it next season then we utd can talk.

Dont like that deal, off ya go.

United used always give youth a chance and they were rewarded respectively for what they did. Worked for it, proved they were worth it.

I think IF we beat chelsea we will

They both have europa league semis in the remaining fixtures and that is always a toll on teams

The last games will be gung ho if we beat chelsea by 2 or 3 somehow so it should be fun (GD 8 atm double swings in many ways on that result)

Football always about the IF'S Mick ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Rashford has every right to look for a mental figure, the club have facilitated this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Wonder what CBs we could get. I really hope we sign 2 and get rid of Jones, Rojo, Smalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Smalling Young and Jones are going nowhere. They’ve all recently signed new contracts and what club would give them 120k a week? Only us.
    Herrera definitely isn’t gonna stay with us, he hasn’t been seen since the details about his contract emerged. I can put Mata into the same category as well. I can’t imagine him staying having not got off the bench in the last two games when we were losing badly.
    So that’s Herrera Mata Valencia and Darmian 100% gone for me.
    Then we’ll need to find buyers for Sanchez, Pogba, Rojo and Matic who we have no need for anymore.

• Advertisement

Rashford has every right to look for a mental figure, the club have facilitated this.

13 goals in the PL season, does he ****.
    Lad is 21, wanting mega huge money, which hasnt been proved to be worth yet money wise.

Get a contract that builds up along with his goal scoring record for the club over a number of years, and contracts in the future he has a leg to stand on and he can build from that.

Not gimmie this contract i want.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Wonder what CBs we could get. I really hope we sign 2 and get rid of Jones, Rojo, Smalling.

Smallingg will stay and rightly so, he's been judged more than the others cause he plays. Not saying he's great, but compared to the glass made phil jones and a **** DF in rojo, smalling shouldnt be in their bracket.

Get rid of jones and rojo, replace them properly.

Then smaliing is in the next bracket, for now he's a fine squad player. Jones and rojo need out rhe door first.

Imgiane, smalling gone this summer and we still have rojo, who cant get in a team and jones, who lasts 3 games before injured.

Smalling wouldnt look so bad then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Rashford could turn out like Wellbeck I would turf him out if he was looking for 300k a week who else would give him that

He should be more focused on improving his game he has been awful for months but gets away with it because of his age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

'Real confident of Pogba, Hazard signings'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11703717

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

More of a loss to Chelsea. Premier leagues best player the last 5 years vs the biggest Hollywood.

Utd should be lucky to cash in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Rashford could turn out like Wellbeck I would turf him out if he was looking for 300k a week who else would give him that

He should be more focused on improving his game he has been awful for months but gets away with it because of his age

Not just his age. More so being a graduate. Some of the misses, I think I'd score. As for the set pieces, gimme me 1000 and I'd fancy my chances of a screamer

• Advertisement

Where are the reports of rashford asking for 300k?? Id say thats bull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

bangkok wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing myself but rumour gets presented as fact in here if enough people repeat it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sometimes the worst thing a player can do in the eyes of United fan is play for United. If Rashford was elsewhere United fans would be so happy to sign him.

As a player who is at a high level and expected to improve he can ask for a good amount of money if United want to sign him to a long term deal. If they want to offer less money it will have to be a shorter term so he can renegotiate or go elsewhere if he wants to.

300k sounds like a load of ****e though.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I'd also take the rumours with a great big pinch of salt. Hell maybe a whole container of it. That said, it's obvious, and a few here have noted it that the Sanchez deal is causing so many problems now.

When he plays, he earns somewhere in the region of 450,000-500,000 a week average. That's enough to have paid 2, perhaps 3 world class players. or 3-4 very talented players and account for performance bonuses. It's a staggering amount, and unless he is shipped off to China, pr they agree to pay a considerable amount of it, they're going to struggle to get rid of him. He's "earned" nearly 25-30 million in just over a year.

The whole premise of this deal was that it was essentially a free transfer so it's grand, but he had a massive signing on fee, and the agent for about 10 million too. The whole deal has probably cost 50-60 million so far.

He obviously has a brilliant agent, but all the other agents are likely thinking, I want some of that. I don't necessarily think the players are all asking for huge amounts (in soccer terms), but they are asking for an increase. Their agents also want a big cut though and think Man Utd is the club to get them rich for no effort.

Also, I don't think Rashford is a striker. He's a wide forward. I'm willing to give him a chance, but his shooting is still not great. I must remember he is only 21 however.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing myself but rumour gets presented as fact in here if enough people repeat it.

Who said it was a fact and are we not allowed talk about rumours because it's what happens on forums everyday

And to add the fella who thanked it just put a link to a rumor a few minutes earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭ericzeking

It's not long ago that we were low ball penny pinching over Fabregas eh.....eh?

Or were we? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

AidoEirE wrote: »
    13 goals in the PL season, does he ****.
    Lad is 21, wanting mega huge money, which hasnt been proved to be worth yet money wise.

Get a contract that builds up along with his goal scoring record for the club over a number of years, and contracts in the future he has a leg to stand on and he can build from that.

Not gimmie this contract i want.

Rashford is more important to us than Lukaku and Martial, both are on around 250k.

You hand out silly contracts and this is what happens, Rashford’s agent might ask for 300k and look to settle somewhere between that and 200k and you can’t blame him at all.

Who said it was a fact and are we not allowed talk about rumours because it's what happens on forums everyday

And to add the fella who thanked it just put a link to a rumor a few minutes earlier

Rumours are great. You have to take a breath and read the words. The point I’m making is that rumours are rumours and as long as you base your opinion on it as a rumour then it’s fine but when something gets repeated in here it loses its rumour tag and all of a sudden people are outraged about it like it has been confirmed as true. It happens all the time.

Example:

Person 1 - I heard Rashford is looking for 300k a week.
    Person 2 - That’s mad if true, he doesn’t deserve that.
    Person 3 - He can fook off if he thinks he is worth that. These players need a reality check.
    Person 4 - Sell him now, he’s a disgrace, we could buy a world class striker for that.

ericzeking wrote: »
    It's not long ago that we were low ball penny pinching over Fabregas eh.....eh?

Or were we? :pac:

Oh god I was laughing at that last night. It’s swung so far the other way now. Some of the posts back then were like “Just pay them whatever it takes and get the deal done ffs”. Unfortunately the club took that advice!

Rumours are great. You have to take a breath and read the words. The point I’m making is that rumours are rumours and as long as you base your opinion on it as a rumour then it’s fine but when something gets repeated in here it loses its rumour tag and all of a sudden people are outraged about it like it has been confirmed as true. It happens all the time.

Example:

Person 3 - He can fook off if he thinks he is worth that. These players need a reality check.
    Person 4 - Sell him now, he’s a disgrace, we could buy a world class striker for that.

Should let him rot in the reserves :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,306 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Rashford leaving rumours are the only ones that would worry me, to be honest. hopefully we get his contract sorted soon. He's the only player I'd be gutted to lose at this point.

Example:

Grand so nobody should comment on a rumor is still basically what you are saying

May aswell close the thread so as anything we discuss here are rumors

Again as above the link saying Madrid want Pogba should be removed as it is going to cause a discussion which is what the forum is for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,572 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'm sure it is, the mirror reported it a couple of weeks ago that he was close to agreeing to a deal that would be like Rooneys old terms.. basically about 220k plus image right top up.. but it's the English media who report all Uniteds dealings as all the one to make it sound more sensational.

It's still bullshìt if you ask me as there has been no other reports apart from today saying Barca are looking to spend 100m on him.. another bull report

Grand so nobody should comment on a rumor is still basically what you are saying

Again as above the link saying Madrid want Pogba should be removed as it is going to cause a discussion which is what the forum is for

My sentiments exactly. You put it better than I ever could. Right that’s two of us on the same wavelength so how do we recruit more? Lets get this place shut down.

The Rashford leaving rumours are the only ones that would worry me, to be honest. hopefully we get his contract sorted soon. He's the only player I'd be gutted to lose at this point.

He loves utd and is from manchester. Id say there is no chance of him wanting to leave

• Advertisement

I think what he means is there is no need for the over reaction that some have here to rumours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Not going to happen but if Barca offered 100m for Rashford I'd bite their hands off. 100m for Rashford!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

He loves utd and is from manchester. Id say there is no chance of him wanting to leave

He's a also a very young, extremely talented player with the footballing world at his feet. He could very well be looking at the future of Manchester United and thinking would his career be better served going elsewhere. The club looks rudderless and if I was a young player in Rashfords position I would be thinking long and hard about how my future might be impacted by staying there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,572 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

That means feck all these days unfortunately.. if the club dont give him what he thinks he deserves or close to it, he will move on.

If the club are banking on " he loves United and is from Manchester" and try to low ball him, his agent will be in his ear telling him as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

L'equipe say that Lyon want Bailly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Not going to happen but if Barca offered 100m for Rashford I'd bite their hands off. 100m for Rashford!

It would be an interesting one. We need to find the next team of superstars, not sell them, and clearly there is potential there.

But, on the other hand, it is only potential. He is not nearly good enough yet for a top team and while he is doing well I also don't think it is a given that he develops into one of the very best of the best. Quite frankly, his finishing is a worry in that regard, is he actually going to be clinical enough to be the man up top for United? Hopefully he will, but its far from certain.

I remember the last young kid who made a big splash in the United first team, scored goals and looked the real deal, there were rumours of massive bids from European clubs for him but United gave him a new 5 year contract instead, because its important to hold onto this talent. Adnan Januzaj, where is he now?

I wouldn't be looking to sell but if a major offer in the hundred million range came in? You would want to take a cold hard look at the likes of Januzaj and Wellbeck before turning that down.

L'equipe say that Lyon want Bailly.

I'll drive him to the airport. Pick up Ndombele on the way back

Rashford is one one of the best young players in europe.. why would you want to sell him?!

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Now, it's not at all the same situation in terms of club ties etc but he might look at Sterling and see just how good he has become with the help of brilliant coaching and then look at what's going on around him and think he will never get that at Man Utd.

• Advertisement

Rashford is one one of the best young players in europe.. why would you want to sell him?!

Some people have zero patience to see if a very talented kid can become a star player for us.

Not saying all people think the same, but there does seem to be a conflict in thoughts where some are saying we need to rip things up and have a 3-5 year plan (properly implemented) to get back to the top.... and that we should sell Rashford or replace him cause he isn't good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,353 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I think Ole's biggest mistake has been letting Fellaini go in January, but then I mean who seen that coming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Hes got great potential but in the next year or so he needs to step it up again

Of the top of my head the likes of Mbappe (freaK) , Jovic, Piatek are that level above at similar age

Rashford for me is on the same level of the likes of Richarlison at the moment a good young players but still have a way to go

Of the top of my head the likes of Mbappe (freaK) , Jovic, Piatek are that level above at similar age

Rashford for me is on the same level of the likes of Richarlison at the moment a good young players but still have a way to go

Rashford plays in a team that is currently a mess. Imagine you swapped mbappe and rashford, rashfords stats would be so much better with psg and mbappes would be much worse with utds.

Also, jovic and piatek play with milan and frankfurt, zero presure compared to what rashford has at man utd

Liam O wrote: »
    I think Ole's biggest mistake has been letting Fellaini go in January, but then I mean who seen that coming?

Nearly everyone id say. He was meant to go last summer so no surprise he went in jan

Mbappe is a freak, Jovic I don't know enough about and Piatek is 23 so a good bit older tham Rashford

• Advertisement

Rashford plays in a team that is currently a mess. Imagine you swapped mbappe and rashford, rashfords stats would be so much better with psg and mbappes would be much worse with utds.

Also, jovic and piatek play with milan and frankfurt, zero presure compared to what rashford has at man utd

You could use the same argument and say Murray, Barnes, Mitrovic, King, Milivojevic, Jimenez ,Wlson ,Richalison, , All play for worse teams than Rashford but have all out scored him ,

I know he is young than nearly all of the above and has much more potential but its a vital couple of years for him coming up ,

Rashford is a fine young player any team in the world would want him in there SQUAD no question but is he good enough NOW to be United main man I personally don't think so,

I'm not saying he is the next Welback or anything like that but at the same time he is not currently good enough to be your main man ,

You could use the same argument and say Murray, Barnes, Mitrovic, King, Milivojevic, Jimenez ,Wlson ,Richalison, , All play for worse teams than Rashford but have all out scored him ,

I know he is young than nearly all of the above and has much more potential but its a vital couple of years for him coming up ,

Rashford is a fine young player any team in the world would want him in there SQUAD no question but is he good enough NOW to be United main man I personally don't think so,

I'm not saying he is the next Welback or anything like that but at the same time he is not currently good enough to be your main man ,
    So, if United are to embark on a 3 year plan to get back to the top end.... would it not make sense to give Rashford that time to build himself into the forward that can lead us to a title tilt? If it is considered we can't get the work done to go for the title next season (which would be inclusive of spending 150million or so on a striker), where is the sense in replacing Rashford now? What do we gain by doing so in practical terms?

Rashford needs help, not replacing. Rashford needs a team that can attack (he was doing pretty damn well when we could and did attack in numbers), Rashford needs a team that can run and maintain the ball and a tempo. He is getting hung out to dry in a team that is playing poorly and creating nothing. If he doesn't perform some magic himself its probably not happening for him. Before I would look at replacing such a bright young talent, I would look at getting him a team that can do something for him.

Its funny how people (not you specifically) call out Pogba for being the root of all the problems - we've had a poster say Pogba is the reason the defense, midfield and attack are poor - but when it comes to talking about those other players they are simply not good enough and should be replaced. Its funny how many arguments conflict with themselves.

So, if United are to embark on a 3 year plan to get back to the top end.... would it not make sense to give Rashford that time to build himself into the forward that can lead us to a title tilt? If it is considered we can't get the work done to go for the title next season (which would be inclusive of spending 150million or so on a striker), where is the sense in replacing Rashford now? What do we gain by doing so in practical terms?

Rashford needs help, not replacing. Rashford needs a team that can attack (he was doing pretty damn well when we could and did attack in numbers), Rashford needs a team that can run and maintain the ball and a tempo. He is getting hung out to dry in a team that is playing poorly and creating nothing. If he doesn't perform some magic himself its probably not happening for him. Before I would look at replacing such a bright young talent, I would look at getting him a team that can do something for him.

Its funny how people (not you specifically) call out Pogba for being the root of all the problems - we've had a poster say Pogba is the reason the defense, midfield and attack are poor - but when it comes to talking about those other players they are simply not good enough and should be replaced. Its funny how many arguments conflict with themselves.

Id agree with you Rashford needs help & United need a top class number 9

The only issues with Rashford is his contract ,
    He will be looking for mega money and a 4/5 year deal but I don't think he has earned that yet ,
    So its a tricky one to negotiate as you don't want to lose him for nothing but you don't want someone on massive wage who doesn't deserve it ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Really ? He is one of the few players in that squad salvageable and worth keeping. He’s 21 years of age and suffers from growing up in a disjointed and very toxic squad culture. With proper, driven professionals around him I think he can still be great. Remember at his age Becks was barely back from his loan spell at Preston.

Id agree with you Rashford needs help & United need a top class number 9

The only issues with Rashford is his contract ,
    He will be looking for mega money and a 4/5 year deal but I don't think he has earned that yet ,
    So its a tricky one to negotiate as you don't want to lose him for nothing but you don't want someone on massive wage who doesn't deserve it ,

If utd gave martial a mega new contract, rashford will def get one

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement