Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,344 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

They should rename the award the Paul Pogba PFA awards he's been so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What do united fans think of the Rashford contract situation ,

United would be stupid to let him go into the final year of his contract any big club should not let that happen ,but at the same time does he deserve to get a new deal on the wages he will be looking for , Surely he will be looking for a very large wage ,

Will he be looking for elite level wages when he is far from elite level in performances do
    United give him what he wants ?

It's a tuff one because i think he is coming to the cross road where he will have realise your talent in the next couple of season's or may be moved on ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The Pogba DFA award.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Personally as a Spurs fan I don't think Pogba is worthy of his PFA 11 nomination.

he'd just about get in Uniteds tbf

bangkok wrote: »
    This season, Paul Pogba ranks 1st for United in:

�� goals/xGoals
    �� assists/xAssists
    �� goal-involvements
    �� xGChain
    �� chances cheated
    �� dribbles
    �� touches
    �� passing chains
    �� progressive passes
    �� through balls
    �� duels won
    �� distance covered

Means little without the per 90s

He has played way more minutes then any midfield or forward player at the club this season if he was topping most of them given that it would trurly be awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Liam O wrote: »
    They should rename the award the Paul Pogba PFA awards he's been so good.

The Paul Pogba award for outstanding achievement in the field of excellence.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,557 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

What do united fans think of the Rashford contract situation ,

United would be stupid to let him go into the final year of his contract any big club should not let that happen ,but at the same time does he deserve to get a new deal on the wages he will be looking for , Surely he will be looking for a very large wage ,

Will he be looking for elite level wages when he is far from elite level in performances do
    United give him what he wants ?

It's a tuff one because i think he is coming to the cross road where he will have realise your talent in the next couple of season's or may be moved on ,

He has 2 and a bit years left on his contract, United have a club option on it for a year

nullzero wrote: »
    The Paul Pogba award for outstanding achievement in the field of excellence.

The Paul Pogba award for outstanding achievement in the field of excellence in an attacking sense only.

astradave wrote: »
    He has 2 and a bit years left on his contract, United have a club option on it for a year

I didn't realise they had the extra year option , In that case they can hold out and see how he preforms next season before giving him a new deal ,

I didn't realise they had the extra year option , In that case they can hold out and see how he preforms next season before giving him a new deal ,

Not really, they should be tying him up to a contract now.. that's been one of my big criticisms of the board, they shouldn't be letting first team players go near the last year of their contracts. Tie him up then if he wants a move you get a fee for him, if you dont you have another Herrera situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

We're currently in a bad spell but this is nowhere near Ole's team so we need to be realistic here. Most of us had given him a free pass to the end of the season anyway. Hopefully he'll know who's a Utd player and who isn't and act accordingly. Better now than this ****e in October. 3 games to go and there's plenty to play for, none of ourselves, Arsenal and Chelsea are pulling up trees at the moment so there's a lot to play for still. It's the hope that kills ye I suppose but that's what keeps me coming back. I've supported Utd through far far worse spells than this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Not really, they should be tying him up to a contract now.. that's been one of my big criticisms of the board, they shouldn't be letting first team players go near the last year of their contracts. Tie him up then if he wants a move you get a fee for him, if you dont you have another Herrera situation

They tried to get a fee for both darmian and rojo last summer and couldnt get one

Its not that easy Rashford will want mega bucks but does he deserve it ?
    If you wait till after next season you will have a better idea of the player he will become and can either give him the contract he deserves or sell him with two years left on his current one ,

They tried to get a fee for both darmian and rojo last summer and couldnt get one

That's my point if you give a player a wage and contract that he doesn't deserve its very hard to off load them ,

So the big question is does Rashford deserve the huge pay rise he will look for this summer ? Its a tricky question

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If you look at twitter, which is what is really important to MUPLC, he is very popular.

Big Dave has way more followers on twitter. Better get him his new contract.

Its not that easy Rashford will want mega bucks but does he deserve it ?
    If you wait till after next season you will have a better idea of the player he will become and can either give him the contract he deserves or sell him with two years left on his current one ,

No I meant initially that he has 2 years including the club option sorry, so it's time now to offer him a deal, if you wait till 1 year left and you really want to keep him then the player and agent can hold you over the barrel.

It's a bad business move to allow any first team player to get into the last year of their deal, even more when the value of the player would be vastly higher than the value of the contract for that year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Yes because both are on crazy money for the level they are at

Same as with Rooney we will have to probably sell for little and subsidize wages

Another masterstroke by Woodward the man is a magician fooling everyone into blaming managers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

limnam wrote: »
    How the fck is Forlan a 2?

Only seen this now....

His career at United was a 2 out of 5. He never got going. His career after United and internationally was probably a 3.5 or 4 even but not at United.

No I meant initially that he has 2 years including the club option sorry, so it's time now to offer him a deal, if you wait till 1 year left and you really want to keep him then the player and agent can hold you over the barrel.

It's a bad business move to allow any first team player to get into the last year of their deal, even more when the value of the player would be vastly higher than the value of the contract for that year.

In reality Rashford will be looking for a 4/5 year contract on a massive wage,
    Will he be worth it and if he is not can you then shift him because of the wage,

He is still only potential , Iv said numerous times I don't think he is currently good enough to be United main man , United need a 20/25 goal a season striker who effects the biggest games,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭limnam

Seems Paul Ince is tired of Ole pretending to be Alex Ferguson :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭secman

No one honestly does.

Technically not correct... Bangkok does

secman wrote: »

I just said son deserved it but whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Seems Paul Ince is tired of Ole pretending to be Alex Ferguson :pac:

Typical bitter sound bites from a former player who has no credibility in management. I take nothing he says with any sort of seriousness. If I didn’t know he was a footballer I’d think he was a punch drunk former boxer.

PS - Yeah I don’t like him.

secman wrote: »

He doesn't really.

He knows it's BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

GSPfan wrote: »
    Typical bitter sound bites from a former player who has no credibility in management. I take nothing he says with any sort of seriousness. If I didn’t know he was a footballer I’d think he was a punch drunk former boxer.

Ex liverpool captain. Says it all. The guvnor lmfao.

GSPfan wrote: »

When rashford dropped the formation note from Ole against Barca it did remind me of the "shoot" note from ince though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Shaw looked like he had put on a few pounds(again) during his suspension break

Annabella1 wrote: »
    Shaw looked like he had put on a few pounds(again) during his suspension break

Looked the same to me last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭chicorytip

It was Mourinho alone who identified Bailly, Lindelof, Sanchez, Pogba, Lukaku, Fred and Dalot as signings the club should pursue - which it did - paying, in the case of four of those I mention, vastly excessive transfer fees. So who should accept the blame for this massive lack of good judgement? Think of those whom Liverpool and Manchester City have signed in the past three seasons who could have ended up at Old Trafford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,292 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

chicorytip wrote: »
    It was Mourinho alone who identified Bailly, Lindelof, Sanchez, Pogba, Lukaku, Fred and Dalot as signings the club should pursue - which it did - paying, in the case of four of those I mention, vastly excessive transfer fees. So who should accept the blame for this massive lack of good judgement? Think of those whom Liverpool and Manchester City have signed in the past three seasons who could have ended up at Old Trafford.

I disagree with your central premise there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Lukaku - Proven premier league goal scorer. Signed after 2 x 25 goal scoring seasons.

Pogba - let's be fair, we all thought we signed a top top player.

Sanchez - see above for pogba.

Lindelof has come on plenty.

Dalot- in footballing terms has barely played a game.

It's not working out for some at the club. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Speak for yourself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Who was the last player we signed who was worth the transfer fee and wages we payed him and what percentage of Woodwards signings have we been a success?

What's happening with this director of football role or is he afraid he won't be able to continue his football manager career if a DOF was signed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

°°°°°

Who was the last player we signed who was worth the transfer fee and wages we payed him and what percentage of Woodwards signings have we been a success?

What's happening with this director of football role or is he afraid he won't be able to continue his football manager career if a DOF was signed.

Easy, Robin Van Persie.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

beno619 wrote: »
    Speak for yourself :)

Okay, the MAJORITY of people. There is no doubting the lads skill. It's his application and consistency that's infuriating. With that said if sell him too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Easy, Robin Van Persie.

You can make a decent argument for Lindelof too. Based on his progression this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Zeek12 wrote: »
    You can make a decent argument for Lindelof too. Based on his progression this season.

True, but what did we pay for him? €40 million? Should we not be expecting more given the outlay?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Zeek12 wrote: »

Romero, Zlatan and Herrera 3 others who could be considered worth thier fees and wages but thats about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

€94 million earned from our CL run this year. Up from €40 million last year. Safe to say getting Top 4 or not will have some degree of impact on summer business.

Payout structure explained. We've actually earned more from it than City, Pool or Spurs to date.
    https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1121301059748671488?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭skinny90

We only sign big players for commercial reasons. Didn’t you know that ?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Didn't matter who came in as manager, Pogba was being signed by the club. Mourinho probably didn't have a problem with it, but that was one that was on the cards and clamoured for for ages. Helped massively by an agent knowing how to make a bit of money too

Id say without doubt Zlatan

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Id say without doubt Zlatan

I'd agree. His injury was a terrible misfortune. Had he been around, and fit for another 2 years, then I'd say players around him would have a much better attitude. He leaves it all out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Easy, Robin Van Persie.

Zlatan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Ole still after Thomas Meunier?

°°°°°

Zlatan

He was a big surprise to be fair. I thought he'd be washed up after having his feet up in Paris.

Van Persie pips him as his title winning season was probably the best individual return in a season a united player has had since Ronaldo left.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

He was a big surprise to be fair. I thought he'd be washed up after having his feet up in Paris.

Van Persie pips him as his title winning season was probably the best individual return in a season a united player has had since Ronaldo left.

Would take zlatan back now

Would take zlatan back now

Super player but I even think in his best season for us his legs were gone a little, if he had been just a little quicker to get shots away that season he would have scored a lot more goals.

I know he was never fast in terms of running just mean the ability to move a ball and get a shot off, but my god he has a genius at creating chances holding up the ball and playing in others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,809 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Lukaku - Proven premier league goal scorer. Signed after 2 x 25 goal scoring seasons.

Sanchez - see above for pogba.

Lindelof has come on plenty.

Dalot- in footballing terms has barely played a game.

It's not working out for some at the club. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Lukaku - The immovable farce. Looks to be out of shape pure and simple. Playing with one forward who for the most part is looking only slightly more mobile then Stephen Hawking.

Pogba - just a big letdown, not a world class footballer or even close to it. Having ability that is world class is one thing but when your application and attitude is so far removed from world class, so far removed from professional and on a pretty basic scale that wouldn’t even be tolerated in the amateur game... no sorry. Fûck off.

Sanchez - another one by whose body language, general demeanor and lack of productivity suggest he is a burnt spark, looking borderline unfit, stealing a living and probably hopefully soon to be seen in a fućking West Ham shirt, hopefully. He can’t be arsed.

Lindelof - A player giving our club and the team 100% each and every time. Steadily improving.

Dalot - don’t know what to make of him, yet... been good, bad and fairly ugly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Strumms wrote: »
    Lukaku - The immovable farce. Looks to be out of shape pure and simple. Playing with one forward who for the most part is looking only slightly more mobile then Stephen Hawking.

Pogba - just a big letdown, not a world class footballer or even close to it. Having ability that is world class is one thing but when your application and attitude is so far removed from world class, so far removed from professional and on a pretty basic scale that wouldn’t even be tolerated in the amateur game... no sorry. Fûck off.

Sanchez - another one by whose body language, general demeanor and lack of productivity suggest he is a burnt spark, looking borderline unfit, stealing a living and probably hopefully soon to be seen in a fućking West Ham shirt, hopefully. He can’t be arsed.

Lindelof - A player giving our club and the team 100% each and every time. Steadily improving.

Dalot - don’t know what to make of him, yet... been good, bad and fairly ugly.

Lukaku: more like we all thought we were getting Morata at the time, last minute we got Lukaku, Chelsea got Morata. That deal worked for us big time at the time as we got second with Lukaku being our highest goalscorer while Morata flopped.

Sanchez: We got sold the magic bean there, but city were in for him but we offered more cash on the hype train and most Arsenal fans were laughing at the two of us scraping dor him. Think City signed Mahrez that season (anyone remember that lad, gors to show money talks apprantly, a playet id like to see back in a first 11 pl side)
    The wages offered is what made him sign and i remember the reveal video thinking how daft it was for him. Absolute daft business.
    To this day, i still think city planted him on us for a dud, as in, we dont actually want him, but we'll make you pay for him.

Lindelof: This is a player yeah, now not the best CB in the league but the best on what we have.
    Plenty of people slated this lad in his first season, including myself, didnt think he was up to it.

Look what a season does and im sure his wages is in the lower bracket.

Now look at someone like Martial, been riding his first season success for to long, compare to Lindelof, who clearly looks like now had thr right attitide from the go. Night and day.

Dalot: I like Dalot, but was this kid not playing in a B team in portugal, signed as a future prospect, but hasn't been treated like it and been thrown into it straight away.

Say conpare Dalot to Mctominey, the latter has been slowly been brought into this team. Dalot has not at all because that position is so weak.
    From a B team in portugal to the rb of utd is massive.

I think this lad could be a proper player but that rb needs fixing first, for someone he can actually learn off

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement