Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2019!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Daily mail is reporting Harry Judd as top contender to take judging role. I don’t know about that, it should be someone from the professional dancing world. I was thinking Natalie Lowe, Aliona Vilani or someone we don’t know. Harry is my favorite past contestant and I was even watching his Vienesse waltz yesterday on YouTube and commenting on his actual dance skill as opposed to Joe Sugg who danced to the same song this year. But Harry as a judge, I really don’t know.

It's the Daily Mail - so take it with a pinch of salt. Regardless if you're a frequent or occasional reader. :o;)

Yeah it really should be a professional. I thought Alesha was just ok, certainly wasn’t terrible as judging but why take her on and get rid of Arlene Philips I don’t know.

As I've said before, Strictly was already on a pretty bumpy road when Arlene was unceremoniously let go - with the controversial nature of Tom Chambers' victory (not that he didn't deserve to win, of course), and the X Factor in its golden period.

Obviously, over the last seven years or thereabouts, it's had an almost perfectly smooth ride, with just the occasional bump (like, ahem, Seann Walsh). That's not to say it won't travel over an uneven surface again, however - and if it does, Simon Cowell won't be playing a part this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,266 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

New judge Motsi Mabuse!
    65006021_10156016635826619_8180850935719788544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQkws2Ru-98RlNYxve25F6YmoQ-bCfel0HNPyv94gPqOpMrxkMESqPpZHN-Vpd1hjmc&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=73de3a658f9b04ac3489c92608f10755&oe=5DEE4EAE

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Oooh so she'll be judging her sister Oti? That'll be weird

Never seen Motsi in anything but a quick google says she was a judge in the German Strictly

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-49075803

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Judge for 9 years in Germany. Can’t see her treating Oti or her partner any differently. She’s very fair.

Fantastic choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

She was on Celebrity Googlebox with Oti and her other sister. They didn’t feature much but came across very well. I love Oti on SCD, she is a great dancer. Her Samba with Danny Mac one of the best dances on SCD ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Sounds like she has loads of experience and has judged oti before, looking forward to the new series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

She's obviously well qualified but the cynic in me thinks having a bit more diversity on the judging panel played a part in the decision, I may be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

She was on Celebrity Googlebox with Oti and her other sister. They didn’t feature much but came across very well. I love Oti on SCD, she is a great dancer. Her Samba with Danny Mac one of the best dances on SCD ever.

My favourite dance too! Samba is sooh hard to pull off - theirs was amazing. I also enjoyed Charles’s samba last year (especially as he is tall).

honeybear wrote: »

My favourite dance too! Samba is sooh hard to pull off - theirs was amazing. I also enjoyed Charles’s samba last year (especially as he is tall).

Yes my favorite Blackpool dance last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Yes my favorite Blackpool dance last year :)

I was rooting for Charles last year - his street dance was seriously cool as well (& I’m not usually a fan of this dance genre)

• Advertisement

I definitely think Charles was a fantastic match for Karen. It was probably her best year. It reminded me how talented she is and i’m not usually a fan. I read Brendan Cole’s column in hello last year and he said they were the couple to watch out for and he was right.

First of this years contestants announced tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/bbcstrictly/status/1156270901400412162?s=19

First of this years contestants announced tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/bbcstrictly/status/1156270901400412162?s=19

Summer must be nearly over!

It’s earlier than last year. They got a new pro dancer too. Nancy Xu.

I was so glad it was 3 different people than the Good Morning Britain announcement this morning. That was such a PR stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Did anyone else , at first glance , think it was Emma Barton from Emmerdale ? !

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder will any Love Islanders be on

• Advertisement

Only recognized Emma Barton so far. And I definitely don’t know the you tubers. I didn’t know Joe sugg last year but he did well.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wonder will any Love Islanders be on

There hasn't been in previous years. Hopefully they will stick to that.

Next celebrities announced.

Catherine Tyldesley who played Eva Price in Coronation Strret.

Also, Saffron Barker is a YouTube star.

Do they usually announce that many at once? I remember one a day last year. It’s earlier too. Are they giving them more time to rehearse?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

As usual, I've no idea who any of them is.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I think we get the picture re: calling them celebrities. They realistically couldn’t afford big celebrities. And it’s more realistic to get people who are a little bit famous to see them progress in their dancing. Would people be as enthusiastic if was an ordinary dance competition and they weren’t necessarily people in the Public eye? If it was the latter we’d just get a load of people from stage schools entering a dance show, they’d be already trained and we wouldn’t see the same progression. And it’s fun watching those who can’t dance, !!

I'd love if Teressa May did it!

• Advertisement

Advertisement