Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Mikel Arteta
    Cazorla with a nice penalty for Villarreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Marcelo Bielsa
    emmetlego wrote: »
    They analyse every Arsenal goal, looking for fouls in the build up and handballs etc. It's painful listening. Think I'd rather switch the sound down or watch it on Bein!!!

Some great moves tonight, but we need to keep the clean sheet and we will need another couple of goals to be absolutely sure. We all know the away form is diabolical!

Switched over to virgin media BT are poison commentry is bad enough but then the 2 lads in the studio bullying Martin Keown , can't listen to it any more if it was spurs they'd be all **** in the studio over them sickens me

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,402 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nuno Espirito Santo
    Really feel like we need another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,383 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mikel Arteta
    We need to regain our grip on this game.
    These could score if we keep giving it away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Julian Nagelsmann
    Auba and Ozil are passengers out there now

• Advertisement

Mikel Arteta
    Emery wants to put this to bed tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Patrick Vieira
    Why take lacca off? Surely auba should have gone instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Patrick Vieira
    Napoli love a good offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Brendan Rodgers
    Arsenal need a third.

Julian Nagelsmann
    wonga77 wrote: »
    Why take lacca off? Surely auba should have gone instead

I really hope we don't regret that call. Auba has had a poor game and Laca offers so much more

• Advertisement

Patrick Vieira
    I’ll never understand short corners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

We Need a third

Without a doubt

Mikel Arteta
    Niall Quinn is some muppet haha

Mikel Arteta
    With these subs we’re beginning to look like last Sunday’s team.
    Some of these lads are poor.

Mikel Arteta
    That was the tie right there. Awful miss Ramsey.

Julian Nagelsmann
    We've zero outlet with Auba up front on his own. We're bringing it out and it's coming back in on top of us straight away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Massimo Allegri
    Well if we get knocked out we can blame absolutely no one but ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Massimo Allegri
    So many brain farts here late on could have cost us dearly. 2-0 would be huge now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Patrick Vieira
    The place is deserted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Marcelo Bielsa
    Well if we get knocked out we can blame absolutely no one but ourselves.

:confused: 2-0 at home is a great result. Clean sheet is massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Eddie Howe
    Should of won this by about 4/5 or so. I would of taken 2-0 before kick off though. Still gotta get a goal over in Naples I'd say but half the job done.

Mikel Arteta
    This is far from over.
    None of our substitutions were of any use. They actually weakened us.

Brendan Rodgers
    Keeping a clean sheet was very important, but the tie is far from over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Massimo Allegri
    Yes! Important we didn't concede!
    Here's a live picture inside the Emirates from yours truly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Do some of you lads never get any joy out of football? Wave of negative posts for what I thought was a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Mikel Arteta
    Very happy with that scoreline, and most of the performance. Clean sheet was crucial. No surprise a clean sheet with Kos and Sok in the central positions. We rode our luck at times, especially down Nacho's side, but overall, we could have had 2/3 more ourselves! That's sport for you.

As for the subs and the complaining here. I thought the Mhky sub for Ozil was a good one. The keeping of Auba instead of Lacca? Debateable, but Auba was keeping their full backs at home and not attacking as they were terrified of his pace. Lastly, the final sub off of Torreira was an injury prevention as far as I could see. He was treated by physio and did feicn nothing in the few minutes before he was subbed.

A 2-0 win at home in a 2 leg affair is a good result. Smile up peeps!

Mikel Arteta
    Nixonbot wrote: »
    Do some of you lads never get any joy out of football? Wave of negative posts for what I thought was a good game.

I get a lot out of it actually but I don’t ignore the bad bits or where we need to tighten up. It’s always good to win but I’m too long in the tooth to believe that the tie is over or that mediocre players can cover for good ones. They can’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Mikel Arteta

Ha I was thinking the same.

I do wonder do some of the lads just not watch many games that don't have a club they are invested in. They always seem to go real hard on any mistake Arsenal make or goal they concede, but maybe just cause they are so wanting Arsenal to win.

The greatest teams make mistakes and concede goals all the time :) That's football for ya.

Anyway I enjoyed how Arsenal played tonight.

Hopefully Arsenal finish the season well, and get champions league one way or another, to make sure Emery gets a few quid in the summer as I feel he deserves to be given a chance to prove his idea etc.

But it's tough to get top 4 in prem these days, lot of teams capable compared to years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I get a lot out of it actually but I don’t ignore the bad bits or where we need to tighten up. It’s always good to win but I’m too long in the tooth to believe that the tie is over or that mediocre players can cover for good ones. They can’t.

Ah yeah entirely fair, could have been better (4-0) or worse (2-2, that sitter!). Gotta be happy with the result though.

• Advertisement

Brendan Rodgers
    Ah yeah entirely fair, could have been better (4-0) or worse (2-2, that sitter!). Gotta be happy with the result though.

Obviously, I take joy out of the game tonight, but I also think it's only half-time in the tie and it's not out of sight.
    Arsenal are bad away from home.

Usually I try not to get too emotional, as much as I can, in the immediate aftermath of results - sometimes it is impossible! - and try to avoid the emotional whiplash after each result.

Everyone was happy to see the team motoring with three wins on the trot, but then they lost at Everton: cue a lot of people ranting and raving all over again.

I don't think a negative result always has to mean people start immediately start throwing their toys out of the pram, every single time. One week Emery is a genius and the team are heroes, the next he's a clown who can't organise a defence and they should all be sold in the summer. It must get bloody exhausting.

So, yeah, I don't think we should lose the plot after every setback, but equally I think we can praise the performance tonight while acknowledging their is another game of football over in Italy next week and the tie isn't over, and Arsenal have shipped goals away from home to European opposition this year. I think they've probably done enough tonight, but if they haven't and Napoli do go through, no-one is going to remember this leg of the tie.

Julian Nagelsmann
    I know we're dreadful away, (I missed the match btw) but I was reading the Guardians match report and it finishes with the line,
    "Two-nil, and delicately poised, it remains"

I know Any Lawrence is a gooner, but I don't think there would be any other English team going into an away leg with a two goal lead that would describe the tie as, "delicately poised"

We have to go all out at the start and get a quick goal which means they have to score 4 to get through.

Surely we can focus on defence for that?

The tie is massively in favour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Not conceding was crucial, as Arsenal will have to get an away goal on the break at some point in the second tie imo. There will be an onslaught into the Arsenal box in Naples

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Julian Nagelsmann
    great atmosphere last night!

i got club level seats for a very hefty price! the hospitality is better. They have heaters inside and free drinks at half time. You can have a white or red wine, soft drink or a pint of beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Nuno Espirito Santo
    Great performance made this an easy game against a poor team. I predicted these would have little about them, same as Milan last season with an added top center back and manager. It's a shame not to have put 3 or 4 past them as we should but I don't envisage any problems in the away leg. 2/3-1 to The Arsenal out there. These Italian clubs (outside of Juve) are regularly overrated.. I expect a much tougher tie in the Semi against whichever tough Spanish team emerges from that tie.

Julian Nagelsmann
    correction wrote: »
    Great performance made this an easy game against a poor team. I predicted these would have little about them, same as Milan last season with an added top center back and manager. It's a shame not to have put 3 or 4 past them as we should but I don't envisage any problems in the away leg. 2/3-1 to The Arsenal out there. These Italian clubs (outside of Juve) are regularly overrated.. I expect a much tougher tie in the Semi against whichever tough Spanish team emerges from that tie.

We're on the other side of the tree, so we'll more than likely be playing Benfica should be progress.

• Advertisement

Nuno Espirito Santo
    Quazzie wrote: »
    We're on the other side of the tree, so we'll more than likely be playing Benfica should be progress.

No, we will be playing either Valencia or Villareal.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2019/draws/index.html

Julian Nagelsmann

Virgin were saying it the opposite last night.

Sacks :(

I shouldn't really be shocked that they got it arseways tho

Nuno Espirito Santo
    I only remembered because of the possibility of Cazorla at the Emirates. Be great to give him a proper goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I think Francis coquelin came on as a sub last night so two arsenal old boys playing together in Europa last night

Gabriel too makes three!

Mikel Arteta

I am happy with the win but it’s only half-time.
    Years ago 1 nil would have made me even happier but not anymore with our present defenders. I think we will have to score out there to go through.
    I certainly wouldn’t fancy us out there if we concede early as we’d fall to pieces with panic defending as we’ve seen often before.
    I can’t see Emery starting in attacking mode out there either so I expect us to counter on the break.
    Hopefully we’ll not see Mustafi starting and Xhaka will start alongside Torreira.
    Ozil might even be benched. Hard to predict the starting line out.

• Advertisement

Mikel Arteta

Ah bollocks, have a mate that lives 2 minutes walk from Benficas stadium (beautiful stadium btw), we were hoping Arsenal would play them at some stage of the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Brendan Rodgers
    Ah bollocks, have a mate that lives 2 minutes walk from Benficas stadium (beautiful stadium btw), we were hoping Arsenal would play them at some stage of the tournament.
    We will in the final:cool:

Patrick Vieira
    dinorebel wrote: »
    We will in the final:cool:

As long as Chelsea get knocked out I’d be confident of any final.

God I HATE Chelsea.

Nuno Espirito Santo
    I'd really fancy us against Chelsea tbh. In fact I'd probably be more worried by Benfica.

Mikel Arteta
    I'd really fancy us against Chelsea tbh. In fact I'd probably be more worried by Benfica.

You could fancy us against anybody or not fancy us. That’s the thing about Arsenal these days. It depends on which Arsenal turns up. We are capable of beating or losing to anyone. We should be beating Watford easily enough but you just never know how we’ll perform on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Nuno Espirito Santo
    Season defining week coming up.

Mikel Arteta
    I'm not saying I want Liverpool to win the league but I do want them to smash Chelsea later. Nice opportunity for them to do us a favour today, we need everything to go our way today and tomorrow to be in with any chance of top 4.

Mikel Arteta
    I'm not saying I want Liverpool to win the league but I do want them to smash Chelsea later. Nice opportunity for them to do us a favour today, we need everything to go our way today and tomorrow to be in with any chance of top 4.

Draw.
    Win/win situation for me.

Brendan Rodgers
    I always want Chelsea to lose, no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Mikel Arteta
    Hearing that Inter have expressed an interest in Xhaka

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement