Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-01-2019, 20:09   #46
Loughc

After the decluttering I spent the Afternoon with my wife batch cooking our lunches and dinners for the week.

We don’t have to cook another meal until dinner Thursday evening. The best thing now is there’s no temptation to go off plan when the meals are already cooked and need to be reheated.
Advertisement
07-01-2019, 09:26   #47
CheerLouth

That's great, Loughc. What meals did you cook? I need some inspo!

I was doing great up until Mr. CL came home from the UK on Saturday evening & suggested we open a bottle of wine. I caved in without a moment's hesitation Then we had pancakes for breakfast yesterday, although I had only one. Had a decent dinner but then I had a few Afternoon Tea. I just love biscuits. Anyway, back on it & tbh, I have been way better than I had been over Christmas, so I think I should manage a pound off this week. I lose weight very slowly (yet put it on in the blink of an eye ).

I bought a 12kg kettle bell yesterday for doing squats with & a 4kg one to try and tone my arms. I'm going to try do a few fitness sessions from Youtube too.
(2) thanks from:
07-01-2019, 09:30   #48
Bubblegummers

3 weeks of Turkey burgers& Rice /Chicken & rice
Lose the initial bloat then curb my diet and get stuck into gym. Have prepped this weeks last night.
07-01-2019, 09:40   #49
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerLouth View Post
That's great, Loughc. What meals did you cook? I need some inspo!

I lose weight very slowly (yet put it on in the blink of an eye ).

I'm going to try do a few fitness sessions from Youtube too.
We made, SW Fakeaway Chicken Curry (really delish) there's syns needed for the curry powder we use and syns if you want to turn it into a satay for Peanut Butter, instead of having it with chips/rice we're having it with brocolli, speed and all that.

Lasagna, only syns here for the white sauce. Again having veg on the side with it.

We also made Cheesy chicken Pizza pasta in the slow cooker, which is just passatta, spices, peppers, onions, chicken fillets in the slow cooker, cook until you can shred the chicken and then add in pasta mix it all together and top with cheese and pepperoni.

The syns are low enough for the curry and lasagna as it's split over 6 portions.

I'm the same as you CL, I can pop on 7 pounds in a week no problem and it would take me 5-6 weeks to get rid of 7 pounds.

Try fitnessblender.com for exercise videos, it's free and you can pick exercise type, difficulty, duration, etc etc
Thanks from:
07-01-2019, 10:01   #50
miamee

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamee View Post
I weighed myself yesterday morning to see how bad it was - not as bad as I expected but still not good. I'd restrict it to a weigh in at home once a week though, you'd have yourself driven mad otherwise.
Well, I weighed myself again on Sunday morning - it's worse than I thought I think having the weighing scales on the carpet last week had me fooled. Both myself and OH have put on more than we're happy with so we've both started using the Samsung Health app which seems to be good so far. We're friends on it so can challenge each other via the app as well as share our progress.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-01-2019, 10:38   #51
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamee View Post
Well, I weighed myself again on Sunday morning - it's worse than I thought I think having the weighing scales on the carpet last week had me fooled. Both myself and OH have put on more than we're happy with so we've both started using the Samsung Health app which seems to be good so far. We're friends on it so can challenge each other via the app as well as share our progress.
There's nothing better than having someone to motivate you and push you, especially if there's a bit of competitiveness going on as well.

I'm happy enough with my Christmas Gain but that's not saying much as I wasn't happy with my weight before Christmas so I have alot of work to do, but I'm feeling motivated so that's good
07-01-2019, 11:12   #52
CheerLouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loughc View Post

I'm the same as you CL, I can pop on 7 pounds in a week no problem and it would take me 5-6 weeks to get rid of 7 pounds.

Try fitnessblender.com for exercise videos, it's free and you can pick exercise type, difficulty, duration, etc etc
Glad to be in good company, Loughc

Thanks for the tip! will take a look at that site!
Thanks from:
07-01-2019, 12:11   #53
chuckles30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerLouth View Post
Glad to be in good company, Loughc

Thanks for the tip! will take a look at that site!
I'm with you both - can put the weigh on no problem, but losing it is slow and painful process.

Anyway, I started this morning - well I set myself up last night with fruit and veg shop and even roasted a chicken breast for my lunches. I'm now 9st 9....which is a gain of 7 lbs since I started eating extra at the start of the December on the 'ah feic it, it's Christmas' basis.

Need to get back to 8.5 st or below now....as I already had holiday gains before my Christmas gains. I'm going to follow the WW SP plan from about 2 years ago as I have all the info & I just need to stick to the plan.

Leslie Sansone does great exercise walking videos on You Tube - you can get 1/2/3 mile walks, so you can do whatever you have time for on any given day without leaving the house......especially if the weather is bad.
(2) thanks from:
07-01-2019, 12:24   #54
Loughc

Worth a listen to, for anyone into podcasts.
Advertisement
08-01-2019, 06:21   #55
Jude13

What are syns?

I did six days straight in the gym, today is my first rest day. Mainly weights with some HIT thrown in (not that much as I am time restricted). I am mostly sticking to the diet, mostly as in I am not taking as many protein shakes as are in this diet as I am can't fit them in. Strangely enough I would easily fit in a portion of cods and chips though.

Week 2 of my programme starts tomorrow. I have failed in my plan of throwing in a 5k and a 10k this week due to laziness. I would like to do one tonight but its date night and I won't get away with it.

The couch to 5k is great. I had the third of my leg surgeries and was 113kg but still saw myself as a svelte 24 year old galloping around the pitch until I meet my GF (now OH). I regaled her with my past athlete prowess (I must not have looked in a mirror much). So one evening we went for a jog. Now I had not been too log off crutches but I couldn't jog. Not kidding, I thought I was having a heart attack in my 20's. After her laughing a lot and me crying (not really) we settled with small goals. I started trying to jog for a minute then walk for a minute. It was embarrassing, I used to train twice a day and I couldnt make a minute. But baby steps got me back.

I need to do that again now. My 10k times are creeping up and I am getting heavier an older.
Thanks from:
08-01-2019, 08:05   #56
Loughc

First 6.30am gym session done and dusted. Let’s see how long I can keep them up
(3) thanks from:
08-01-2019, 08:36   #57
Jude13

Good man/elf. The hardest bit for me is actually physically getting out of bed then the rest is grand. I am in work by 7.30am so my alarm is 5.10am, drive to gym near work, workout, shower and drive 5 mins to work. By 6pm im shattered.
(3) thanks from:
08-01-2019, 08:44   #58
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude13 View Post
Good man/elf. The hardest bit for me is actually physically getting out of bed then the rest is grand. I am in work by 7.30am so my alarm is 5.10am, drive to gym near work, workout, shower and drive 5 mins to work. By 6pm im shattered.
Same!

I find, wither it's getting up at 6am, 7am or 8am I still don't want to but once you're up it's grand.
(2) thanks from:
08-01-2019, 08:53   #59
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude13 View Post
What are syns?
Syns are the Slimming World Equivilant or Points. So you should only spend 5-15 "syns" on treats, jarred sauces, condiments,etc.
(2) thanks from:
08-01-2019, 09:01   #60
Jude13

That's very true. Even though I class myself as a morning person as I get most done then and am perky getting out of bed is a pain.

Syn's make sense now, I'm used to counting my macro's so I guess its just another way of doing something similar. A pal of mine used to be big in Unislim, never mixed it with exercise so didnt quite stay off.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion