Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 18/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That second goal was just so brilliantly simple from Barca. Sevilla were on the attack and within three seconds, the GOAT is tucking it away. Sublime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Delighted for Levante and Paco Lopez with their win at Madrid. Looks like they've hopefully moved past that blip in form from a few weeks back.

Lopetegui must be a goner now. It would be epic if Wenger got the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Another day without a goal. Betis really need a striker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Another day without a goal. Betis really need a striker.

Dont they have a young guy from Paraguay whos quiet highly rated :confused:

• Advertisement

irishman86 wrote: »
    Dont they have a young guy from Paraguay whos quiet highly rated :confused:

Yeah Sanabria, he needs to start a few games in a row though, the way they are using him(playing one day, not the Next) isn't suited to him. He needs game time and they just need to wait for him to come good. However they're sticking with Loren:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

What a crazy start to the Spanish league season.

If someone suggested at the beginning that after 9 games Barcelona would be 10 points ahead of Athletic Bilbao you probably would have believed it. That the 10 points would span 1st to 17th- not so much!

Points being dropped by the big sides to supposed minnows every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭jacool

In-fighting in Madrid, where Ramos shows the kind of leadership and maturity you need at a time like this.

https://www.givemesport.com/1406301-sergio-ramos-lashes-out-at-21yearold-academy-player-during-real-madrid-training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

jacool wrote: »
    In-fighting in Madrid, where Ramos shows the kind of leadership and maturity you need at a time like this.

https://www.givemesport.com/1406301-sergio-ramos-lashes-out-at-21yearold-academy-player-during-real-madrid-training

He really is an odious creep.
    I hope he gets his just deserts soon ,a nice broken nose or a few teeth knocked out might teach him some manners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

I can't stand Ramos but all he did was kick a football at him. Bit of an over reaction but not exactly newsworthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,035 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

There'd be people who would want him sacked for kicking a ball at a teammate.

Snowflakes I tells ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

2 nil to Barca already. Second from the spot after ref went to VAR

You've this weird situation now where the game isn't in available in pubs because nobody is going to fork out for Eleven for a small few games per season.

Was in a pub and loads were asking for it... Can't imagine many pubs subscribed.

This is on now :eek:
    I thought it was on at 8 o'clock. F**K!

Real all over Barca now. Modric unlucky not to level it

Suarez adds a third so should rap it up for Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,905 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder is Pochettino hoping to get a phone call from Madrid tonight.

Grand finish to get a hat trick. Ramos will likely ask for Lopetegui to get sacked before full time

Suarez hat trick to finish the match. Who will be the new real manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Men against boys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Suarez hat trick to finish the match. Who will be the new real manager?

Conte.

JPA wrote: »
    Conte.

Would be the wrong choice. Too conservative for Madrid.

I'd say we'll see someone like Hierro, at least to the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

NIMAN wrote: »
    Would be the wrong choice. Too conservative for Madrid.

I'd say we'll see someone like Hierro, at least to the end of the season.

Not my opinion. it'll happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Yeah its all over Spain Conte is joining.

Bale as a wing back now maybe lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I wonder is Pochettino hoping to get a phone call from Madrid tonight.

I bet he is hoping they get in a temp, I doubt Levy would let him walk mid-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

What a disastrous few months for Lopetegui. Kicked out of the Spain job after the Real Madrid announcement and then turning them into also rans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What's so odd about Madrid for me right now is that they are the kings of marquee summer signings, especially in World Cup years, but not this year.

They sell Ronaldo, and don't replace him.

Have to assume they wanted Mbappé, but PSG can afford to simply say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Conte is the right guy.

And Ronaldo was never going to be replaced easily. If at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mbappe will go to Spain in the summer but will it be Real?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

They sell Ronaldo, and don't replace him

Saving the money for the new stadium.

Suarez looked very sharp yesterday ,looks like he could be returning to form after a few years off the boil.

Goes to show how silly the talk was of Modric deserving the Ballon d'Or ahead of Ronaldo. The best player in the world should not have his team sitting 9th after 10 games, and on the receiving end of a 5-1 spanking to their main rivals.

Ronaldo meanwhile has helped Juve to a record-setting start in Serie A.

The difference between greats and GOATs.

Goes to show how silly the talk was of Modric deserving the Ballon d'Or ahead of Ronaldo. The best player in the world should not have his team sitting 9th after 10 games, and on the receiving end of a 5-1 spanking to their main rivals.

Ronaldo meanwhile has helped Juve to a record-setting start in Serie A.

The difference between greats and GOATs.

Modric looks burnt out .
    To be honest he looked burnt out in the knockout stages of the World Cup .
    He needs a rest .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lopetegui sacked.

ASOT wrote: »
    Lopetegui sacked.

Fired twice in the space of four months,must be a record .
    He looked out of his depth at Real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,524 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Madrid had briefed that they would bring the former Chelsea manager Antonio Conte, who they contacted over three weeks ago, but talks stalled on Monday. Although there is no definitive decision, there was little optimism that a deal would be done with the Italian. The reason for that is not yet clear, but Madrid captain Sergio Ramos had made it clear that he did not welcome the prospect. Asked about the prospect of a manager like Conte with “mano dura” – an iron fist – arriving at the Bernabéu, Ramos replied: “Respect is earned, not imposed.”

Jesus christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You've this weird situation now where the game isn't in available in pubs because nobody is going to fork out for Eleven for a small few games per season.

Was in a pub and loads were asking for it... Can't imagine many pubs subscribed.

It's only a 6.99 a month so it's not like it'd break the bank. I think a bigger problem is that there isn't a smart tv app for it yet, can't see too many places messing about with a smartphone app and a chromecast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Modric surely cannot win the Ballon D'or.

Good World Cup & CL but poor on La Liga. Not consistent enough.

Mbappe will go to Spain in the summer but will it be Real?

They need to make a signing of that sort of level.

And Mbappe would be much better than Neymar imho.

I'd say the chances of PSG letting Mbappe go any time soon are slim to nil. And I don't see why he would want to at this moment. He is a Parisien don't forget, so he's surrounded by his family and friends where he is, and if Neymar goes then he will be the face of the club, likely be given a new contract and thus become the highest earner - probably in world football. He's already the darling of his national side, and he's challenging for silverware on all fronts. That's a wonderful position for a guy his age to be in.

Really the only incentive to go would be to test himself in a more competitive domestic league, but he can always do that eventually. Time is on his side. Ronaldo went to Madrid at 23 or 24, while Mbappe is still only 19. I reckon he will be at Paris for a few more years before he decides to make the move. There's no need for him to rush.

I think Neymar will be the one to go to Madrid. I reckon the reason Madrid didn't make any big deals this past summer is because they're preparing a giant bid for him in 2019 since they knew Paris wouldn't let him go after just 2/3 of a season with them. Reports suggest he is receptive to a return to Spain too.

As regards Eleven Sports, does anyone know how they're doing as regards subscriber numbers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Having just come back from Paris it is clear how much PSG value Mbappe, in the pictures and promo material of the club he is front and centre rather than Neymar.

I can't see Mbappe going anywhere anytime soon.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Suarez looked very sharp yesterday ,looks like he could be returning to form after a few years off the boil.

Another big performance from him as he gets a late winner. He's stepped up in a big way in Messi's absence.

Betis vs Celta Vigo sounds like it was a belter. Betis led 2-0, the away side turned it round to lead 3-2, Canales then gets a late equaliser as it ends 3-3.

Maxi Gomez got 2 of Celta Vigo's goals despite being only on for the last 30 minutes. That's 6 goals, 4 assists for him in 9 games. Only 22 years old too. He looks like Uruguay's next striking sensation. Big club needs to snap him up sharpish. Mentioned a few weeks back that I think he'd be a good signing for Chelsea.

Betis winning 0-2 in the Nou Camp, best half of football we've played this season. Barca will probably come back in the second half.

YESSSS, what a win!! 3-4 in the Nou Camp. Beat the officials as well. Carvalho and lo Celso were immense and what a goal by Joaquín!!

Wow, that's a hell of a result. Setien must be a strong candidate to be a Barcelona coach down the line.

Solari has been given the Madrid job until 2021.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1062421751651536896

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

He was one of my favourite players when I was younger. Totally nostalgia biased in wanting him to succeed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Turtwig wrote: »
    He was one of my favourite players when I was younger. Totally nostalgia biased in wanting him to succeed. :)

He was no Guti!

Solari has been given the Madrid job until 2021.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1062421751651536896

He'll likely not see past 2019.

• Advertisement
Advertisement