Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 18/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And Seville have deserved that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I think that this year La Liga is tougher than ever, all the small teams have improved greatly.

Is that due to increased tv money going to the smaller clubs now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

In trouble now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Is that due to increased tv money going to the smaller clubs now ?

Could be, saying that I do think that the promoted teams will go straight back down again:-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Andre Silva with two goals against Madrid. Love it.

And that's that game done.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Real getting a good hiding! Ben Yedder puts them 3-0 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Looks like we could be in for a lot tighter title race in Spain this year. Good to see

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Atletico badly needed these results.
    Astonished Vermaelen & Munir are still at Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

What a day for La Liga.

Atletico only 2 points behind the top 2.

Fornals for Villarreal is a very good player.

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1045061993496039426
    https://twitter.com/LaLigaEN/status/1045032781926084614

• Advertisement

Happy for Toko Ekambi to get off the mark. Was a very well taken goal too. Hope he kicks on from here.

Great win for Betis against a tough team. Delighted to see the two academy players with an assist and a goal (Francis and Lorén), they were receiving lots of criticism.

Paco Lopez in trouble at Levante now after a strong start. They can't seem to win of late. Hope he can turn it around as I admire his attacking style.

Another disappointing result for Barca, held 1-1 at home to Bilbao. Valverde getting a lot of flak and they've some tricky fixtures coming up in October as well:

Spurs (A)
    Valencia (A)
    Sevilla (H)
    Inter (H)
    Real Madrid (H)

No UK/IRL channels showing La Liga this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

No UK/IRL channels showing La Liga this year?

Eleven sports. Sign up online 6 euro a month I think..

https://twitter.com/OptaJose/status/1046100385583288320

Great to see him turn his career around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Didn't relise the Madrid derby was on tonight, few great games across the euro leagues today

Some dramatic results across Europe today. Madrid beaten 1-0 by Alaves via a 95th minute winner.

That's 4 straight games without a win or a goal for Lopetegui's side.

• Advertisement

Crisis at the Bernabeu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Delighted for them after the messing about with Lopetegui.

Drawing with Atlético at half time. They've come into It more towards the end of the half. I would be happy with a 0-0 from the Wanda. Sidnei is playing great, Griezmann creating the most danger for them, looks like they're missing costa badly in this game.

In the end Betis lost 1-0, good goal by correa with good movement and play from Partey. Not too down about It to be honest, they're a great team and if we've to lose against one of the top three let It be Atleti.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

You mean how the Spanish fa president acted. Madrid were very open about it. The president of the fa wanted to show people how powerful he was, like always

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

irishman86 wrote: »
    You mean how the Spanish fa president acted. Madrid were very open about it. The president of the fa wanted to show people how powerful he was, like always

In your opinion, did Real themselves do anything wrong?

• Advertisement

Well they had arranged behind the scenes with him to take over at the Bernabeu after the World Cup.

However, the news leaked. I don't think Real Madrid leaked it to be fair to them. From what I read the Real Madrid players in the team knew he was taking over their club, but word got to one of the non-RM players, and it had to be announced publicily.

I don't think Madrid were the first team ever to arrange with an international manager to take over after a WC or Euros.

Turtwig wrote: »
    In your opinion, did Real themselves do anything wrong?

No they negotiated with the Spanish fa for him. The spanish president is known for trying to show he has more power than Barca/Real

If it was Valencia for example, it wouldnt have happened in the way it did

NIMAN wrote: »
    Well they had arranged behind the scenes with him to take over at the Bernabeu after the World Cup.

However, the news leaked. I don't think Real Madrid leaked it to be fair to them. From what I read the Real Madrid players in the team knew he was taking over their club, but word got to one of the non-RM players, and it had to be announced publicily.

I don't think Madrid were the first team ever to arrange with an international manager to take over after a WC or Euros.

It happened to France & Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cracking equalizer by Messi.

Spanish Media reporting Lopetegui could be sacked this week .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Spanish Media reporting Lopetegui could be sacked this week .

That would be hilarious. Wonder if Valverde will follow him?

Madrid down 2-0 at home. Hopefully Lopetegui stays with them until the end of the season!

I thought they started off the league well. If a new manager comes in now they aren't miles off in the league & still in a handy CL group so it's not a total disaster.
    Haven't scored in over 7 hours tho.....

Madrid down 2-0 at home. Hopefully Lopetegui stays with them until the end of the season!

White hankies will be out.
    He will surely be sacked today if they lose.

A manager looking for work come 3pm.

Watched most of the second half. They got the much needed goal but a second consecutive defeat.
    I'd be surprised if there isn't a sacking before Plzen on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Madrid wouldn't have this era with VAR in place, I'm creasing because at least they're getting what they deserve now.

Madrid wouldn't have this era with VAR in place, I'm creasing because at least they're getting what they deserve now.

Yeah VAR is certainly helping,cutting out a lot of the bs. Alavés to win La Liga:-P

The amount of suspect decisions they benefited from over the last 5 years was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

How does one say "you're getting sacked in the morning" in Spanish?

• Advertisement

Waving white hankies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Crisis at the Bernabeu

I have a feeling this could be quoted for much of the season. One man team it turns out ;)

Te van a despedir mañana:-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,881 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Who are Madrid missing more Zidane or Ronnie.

In La Liga, Ronnie for sure. He brought them so many goals......and they aren't scoring now. Doesn't take a genius to workout whats wrong.

As for ZZ, I think he was a very lucky manager. There was a few times when the team won games despite being outplayed, and he often had last throw of the dice tactics that saved his bacon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

In La Liga, Ronnie for sure. He brought them so many goals......and they aren't scoring now. Doesn't take a genius to workout whats wrong.

As for ZZ, I think he was a very lucky manager. There was a few times when the team won games despite being outplayed, and he often had last throw of the dice tactics that saved his bacon.

Harsh assessment on Zidane imo. He brought a balance to the team that wasn't there before and brought in people like Casemiro which changed whole seasons and campaigns. Real were more often than not on the front foot against teams, outplayed would have been a minority of those games certainly.

Maybe a little harsh on him, but I do think his biggest plus was his man management.

I think he got on well with the players, and as a result got the best out of them. They respected him and played for him.

Doesn't look like the same applies to Lopetegui. Some players this season look like cr@p clones of themselves. No confidence.

Corholio wrote: »
    Harsh assessment on Zidane imo. He brought a balance to the team that wasn't there before and brought in people like Casemiro which changed whole seasons and campaigns. Real were more often than not on the front foot against teams, outplayed would have been a minority of those games certainly.

Real had a ferocious never say die attitude under Zidane ,they won so many matches that they really shouldn't have but did.
    I lost track of the number of times they pulled a result out of the fire.
    Zidane seemed to keep them motivated and hungry ,no mean feat at that club with so many egos and external influences.

Sevilla being ran out the gate at the moment in the Nou Camp

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Thought he broke his arm.

Looked worse than it was, thankfully

Advertisement