Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld LOI 2019

• 11-05-2018 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

All chat here ladies and germs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Patww79 wrote: »

Don't think he will ever get sufficient abuse but yes I was impressed with how many different ways the rovers fans could incorporate the word rapist into a chant. Even heard two kids shouting 'paedo' at him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Don't think he will ever get sufficient abuse but yes I was impressed with how many different ways the rovers fans could incorporate the word rapist into a chant. Even heard two kids shouting 'paedo' at him :D

Wonderful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

What happened to all the crowds that were flooding in when yous were walking the 1st Div?
    What happened to all the crowds that were flooding in when yous were winning league titles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Really thought Waterford would have fallen away by now. Looks like they are really going to challenge. Rarely am I happy to see Shamrock score but last night I was.

Happy enough with the 0-0 in Derry. With Bray next week that should get us back to winning ways and hopefully boost our gd a touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

bot43 wrote: »
    Really thought Waterford would have fallen away by now. Looks like they are really going to challenge. Rarely am I happy to see Shamrock score but last night I was.

Happy enough with the 0-0 in Derry. With Bray next week that should get us back to winning ways and hopefully boost our gd a touch.

If Waterford recruit good in the summer can see them being within touching distance at the season's end, they'll lose Duffus and the keeper whose probably the best keeper in the league.

From reports was a typical Limerick performance last night, playing well but lacking goals. Good to the young lads getting praise, they'll make up even more of next year's squad. No attendance given but from estimates it was around 560 with 50 away fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

What happened to all the crowds that were flooding in when yous were winning league titles?

They dwindled slowly over a number of years in the lower division. There was about 2000 at the first game v Kildare County. Our home crowds didn't drop dramatically over the space of a couple of weeks. Attendances were lower due to a lack of away fans. Gradually the crowds dropped off as we struggled to get out of the division and in recent years some fans boycotted the club as they didn't like the way it was run.

So, that's what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Patww79 wrote: »

Most successful thread I've ever made. RIP buddy xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

those 2 galway goals were well hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Milena Bald Top

Caufield will as usual set the team up to score first and then go ultra defensive after going 1 up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭skaface

Happy enough with the draw in the end up in Tallaght .. Blues should have been out of sight at HT.. All Rovers in last 20 mins after the equaliser.
    Great Away support, 500 + Blues there .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

EA sports cup

Cobh v Dundalk
    Sligo v Derry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Hopefully Cobh can get a crowd for this one, if they can't for a semi final v Dundalk they've no hope.

The refused Drogheda fans entry this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

joeysoap wrote: »
    The refused Drogheda fans entry this year?

More so the Guards stopped a bus load of their fans away from the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,995 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Really looking forward to the Dundalk game at the Brandywell tonight, should be a good 'un.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Limerick's failure to convert their chances costs us yet again - final score could have been about 4-4, but Pats eventually took one of theirs, and we didn't.

Probably one of our best performances of the season, and the pitch was much much better too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

NIMAN wrote: »
    Really looking forward to the Dundalk game at the Brandywell tonight, should be a good 'un.

With the PL over.

It is a real shame that this game is not live on TV.

No games announced live for the next few months/weeks.
    Happens every year when the GAA returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

MD1990 wrote: »
    With the PL over.

It is a real shame that this game is not live on TV.

No games announced live for the next few months/weeks.
    Happens every year when the GAA returns.

Talk of Rovers Vs Dundalk and Dundalk Vs City been shown at both ends of June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭eire4

EA sports cup

Cobh v Dundalk
    Sligo v Derry
    Nice to see Cobh get rewarded with a big game for doing so well in making the semi-finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Why are there 2 random fixtures tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Why are there 2 random fixtures tonight?
    Bray Waterford postponed durng beast from east.
    Derry game because of European commitments

wadacrack wrote: »
    Bray Waterford postponed durng beast from east.
    Derry game because of European commitments

Young players on NI international duty, matches against Dundalk (and Cork?) postponed.

Bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Bollox

No so bollox now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Two points thrown away by the blues tonight. Ridiculous bit of play for the penalty right at the death.

Dundalk taught us a lesson tonight.

We played decent enough football, but the big difference was the forward lines. They had 3 fast, moving players. We had Patterson with his aging legs acting as a hold up man. Curtis came into it more in the second half but was generally ineffectual on the wing. Might have been better up top instead of Patterson.

Very impressed with Dundalk. Michael Duffy a joy to watch. Best player I have watched at the Brandywell this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Very impressed with Dundalk. Michael Duffy a joy to watch. Best player I have watched at the Brandywell this season.

Better than McEneff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Anyone else find the title of this thread annoying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Anyone else find the title of this thread annoying?

Will I change it? It was just ment as a bit tounge in cheek.

Duffy is the best player in the league.

Dundalk should be trying to get him a new deal but I think there will be a lot of interest in him.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Better than McEneff?

Yes.

When we have McEleney off to Oldham, Curtis on the verge of a move to Portsmouth, then Duffy should be also playing in England somewhere. Easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

MrMac84 wrote: »

It's silly, but I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Nah, leave it. Distinguishes it from lesser leagues in UK, Spain etc. :pac:

Interesting though that Derry are selling Curtis and perhaps McEneff but Dundalk are unlikely to part with players mid season and if Duffy doesn’t sign a new contract it’s likely he will go on a freebie. It was heartening to see 3 ‘youngsters’ on last week and play in Kennys style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

The hashtag was started as a positive thing, but it is rarely used other than to be sarcastic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The hashtag was started as a positive thing, but it is rarely used other than to be sarcastic.

#OK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

2-0 win for us against Sligo. 3 wins in a row. Looking quite good for us atm although the next 3 matches are huge.

kksaints wrote: »
    2-0 win for us against Sligo. 3 wins in a row. Looking quite good for us atm although the next 3 matches are huge.
    How did Byrne play?

Looked v good for Ireland 19s last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

How did Byrne play?

Looked v good for Ireland 19s last year.

Only streamed this so I can't really say but looked useful when he came on against Bohs and Rovers. Can play up front and on the wing. Seems fairly mad also which every team needs. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Interesting though that Derry are selling Curtis and perhaps McEneff but Dundalk are unlikely to part with players mid season and if Duffy doesn’t sign a new contract it’s likely he will go on a freebie. It was heartening to see 3 ‘youngsters’ on last week and play in Kennys style.
    Dundalk will be in the running for the league. The extra earnings from Champions league can potentially dwarf the pittance they'd get for selling him mid-season. Derry won't win it, so makes sense to cash in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Byrne is very good for Pats. Has a bif of an edge to him too in a good way as long as he dosent get a red. Looks a much better option than Keegan and Fagan. Pats mushing up the table good to see a young side playing good football doing well.

To be fair the top 6 that I have watched live this season all try to play good football.

Its refreshing to watch.

To be fair the top 6 that I have watched live this season all try to play good football.

Its refreshing to watch.

I wouldn't include Cork in that.

Style of play very poor to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

Ah no I think it was always meant to be ironic... Although that seemed to be lost on the fai when they started using it

I wouldn't include Cork in that.

Style of play very poor to watch.

You see I had heard that, and I had seen their more physical and direct game over recent seasons, but they played the ball on the deck at the Brandywell last Friday night, so I thought maybe they had changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

You see I had heard that, and I had seen their more physical and direct game over recent seasons, but they played the ball on the deck at the Brandywell last Friday night, so I thought maybe they had changed?

That was probably our best football performance this season in that way I would say. We have played football quite a bit this season despite what some think about us having only one 'style', we just haven't played that well in quite a few of the games and the football hasn't clicked between the midfield and Cummins especially.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement