Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Loughc wrote: »
    She was indeed a judge on Dancing on ice.

And she was a bit cráp, IMHO. :o

Also I've seen *far* worse fringes than Claudia's. :D;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Disappointed Neil didn’t get the dancer gig this season. I know he’s a choreographer for the show and group numbers but still would have liked to see him as a pro this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Haven’t read many posts, don’t want to spoil it, if I do get to watch it. Forgot it was on tonight. Does anyone know if it’ll be repeated?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Haven’t read many posts, don’t want to spoil it, if I do get to watch it. Forgot it was on tonight. Does anyone know if it’ll be repeated?

Strictly is never repeated for some inexplicable reason . Try you tube in a day or two

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You didn’t miss much to be honest. The live shows are the ones to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Ashley Roberts is a professional dancer, it's a bit ridiculous having her on it.

I'm still cringing about AJ nearly dropping yer woman.

The YouTuber is annoying me already. Standing there with his arms crossed like some sulky teenager. You're on TV, dude, have a bit of decorum!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Dial Hard wrote: »

I'm still cringing

The above is all I can say about tonight's show. :(

As for the "Pocket Rockets", pass the sick bucket...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Joe has a lot to learn about playing to the camera ( surprising for a vlogger!) , he'll have to work on his acting faces for the dances.

Gotta laugh after waching the group dance - one of the female stars is a far better dancer than two of the female pros. :D

EDIT: also, disappointing that Luba and Neil don't have partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Heroditas wrote: »
    Gotta laugh after waching the group dance - one of the female stars is a far better dancer than two of the female pros. :D

Which female celeb? Had a watch and disappointed on first impressions of the group

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »
    Which female celeb? Had a watch and disappointed on first impressions of the group

Ashley. Far better than Karen and Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Ashley did her best to put in a few mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Cateym

Hello everyone, I'm back for my annual stint on Boards on the Strictly forum ðŸ‘🻠I've picked the winner the past two years from the launch show. This year I'm thinking Vick Hope, Danny John-Jules and Stacey Dooley will be there or thereabouts.

My fav dances are Ore's American Smooth and a real oldie Mark's Argentine Tango. Still fab but my God the choreography now is streets ahead 😲

https://youtu.be/HjQPbFmYmb8

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Did anyone else watch "Strictly The Best" this evening? Great trip down memory lane, I really must devote an evening some time soon to watching the best dances from down the years!

Anyone know who the girl with the short black bob was sitting on the right of one of the girlie couches was? I eventually figured out who everyone else was (shocking how either they've changed or how bad my memory is :eek:) but although I recognised her voice I could NOT figure out who she was!

The run through of this year's celebs at the end was a bit depressing - not having seen the launch show, I knew about two of the faces :o However, I look forward to getting to know them over the coming weeks :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

That was Daisy Lowe. I thought it was. A great warm up for the return next week.

Really enjoyed tonight , a real trip down memory lane . Though they showed very little of Kara or Alesha my two favourites !
    I loved the chats on the couch and Ramps and Matt made me laugh

Still cannot get over the fact that Danny Mac was robbed !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Really enjoyed tonight , a real trip down memory lane . Though they showed very little of Kara or Alesha my two favourites !
    I loved the chats on the couch and Ramps and Matt made me laugh

Still cannot get over the fact that Danny Mac was robbed !

Agree with everything you said especially about Danny Mac I am still not over it

kopite386 wrote: »
    Agree with everything you said especially about Danny Mac I am still not over it

Me2

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Just finished watching it - a thoroughly enjoyable show. I have to stop myself from a massive YouTube binge now - lots to do today. Maybe just one shot of Danny and Oti's samba though...

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Just finished watching it - a thoroughly enjoyable show. I have to stop myself from a massive YouTube binge now - lots to do today. Maybe just one shot of Danny and Oti's samba though...

Love that Magdalena dance!!!

• Advertisement

Love that Magdalena dance!!!

me too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CABJfSW6MXE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Forgot how good that was. Love Oti and her fabulous legs that go on forever. Very jealous 5 foot 1 midget here, bit of a girl crush,

Forgot how good that was. Love Oti and her fabulous legs that go on forever. Very jealous 5 foot 1 midget here, bit of a girl crush,
    I'm absolutely mesmerised by Oti every time! For my money, she's one of, if not the, best pros on Strictly.

Can't believe how I just couldn't warm to her the first series she appeared, she took a while to get into her stride but oh my goodness she's just magnificent!

Please tell me she's on this series again???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

She's only 5' 4", believe it or not.
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Can't believe how I just couldn't warm to her the first series she appeared

I still can't. She's a brilliant dancer but there's just *something* about her I don't like.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    She's only 5' 4", believe it or not.

I still can't. She's a brilliant dancer but there's just *something* about her I don't like.

Oti’s never 5 4. I’m 5 7 and she looks way taller (& slimmer) than me. Oh, and a WAY better dancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Oti’s never 5 4. I’m 5 7 and she looks way taller (& slimmer) than me. Oh, and a WAY better dancer.

Every online source says her height is 5'4". I'm as shocked as you are.

+1

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just booked tickets for the Strictly tour :-)

She'd be wearing very high heels when she's dancing so that will make her appear much taller.
    Also, all those people dancers are like stick insects. They're incredibly toned and lean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I totally love that routine.
    For me it's up there with Jay's jive and jill Halfpenny's too from way way back, and also Mark Ramperkash's argentine tango.
    There are a certain few routines that will always stick out in my mind and Oti's is definitely one of them.

Advertisement