Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Ha! I thought something had leaked - suspect you'll be right!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Susannah would be too tall for Anton ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ncmc wrote: »

I think Seann Walsh has bashed the show or contestants in some of his comedy shtick in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 30,271 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm a little disappointed with the line up to be honest!

I'm a little disappointed with the line up to be honest!
    It should have ended when Len left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Really? Seems to me its as popular as ever. Line up always gets criticised at the start but thats forgotten about as it gets into the swing of things

368100 wrote: »
    Really? Seems to me its as popular as ever. Line up always gets criticised at the start but thats forgotten about as it gets into the swing of things

I meant to reply to this Yesterday. Len leaving made me enjoy it more than ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I should be getting *very* excited about Strictly... instead I'm only getting *mildly* excited. :o

Is it because of the line-up? (Kate Silverton is one of my least favourite newscasters, and my view of Ashley Roberts is rather coloured by her time as a judge on Dancing on Ice... :o) Is it because Brendan won't be there? Or is it simply a sign that, after nearly 15 years, the show might just be starting to tire a bit - even though it'll almost certainly attract 10 million viewers and thrash the X Factor once again?

I'll still be following it, though. :) There *are* some good celebs this year - Danny should be a great laugh if he gets far enough in the contest, and the same with Swanny. Of course, cricketers tend to do quite well on Strictly... ;)

Although Lauren doesn't quite have the same disability as Jonnie Peacock, she still has a lot to live up to after his run to Blackpool last year (which might also have been a factor in him finishing third in the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award). ;)

stream_img.jpg

And how far will Susannah go? To think that she and Trinny were absolutely massive names in the early and mid-2000s - before they made their ill-timed move from the Beeb to ITV, coinciding with the rise of Gok Wan. (My ma still has two of their books, though.)

Another thing I'll still be doing is looking at the bookies' markets from time to time. Including right now... :D;)

Paddy Power: Ashley 7/2, Vick 6/1, Lee 8/1, Faye 8/1, Danny 8/1, Katie 10/1, Charles 10/1, bar 12/1
    Ladbrokes, Coral: Ashley 4/1, Charles 6/1, Vick 6/1, Lee 7/1, Danny 8/1, Faye 8/1, Stacey 10/1, bar 12/1
    William Hill: Ashley 4/1, Lee 6/1, Charles 7/1, Danny 7/1, Vick 7/1, Faye 8/1, bar 12/1

Ain't it always the way that the ones with *some* previous dancing experience are the early favourites? Mind you, it's also always the way that the ones with some previous dancing experience don't win... :D;)

Finally, how much of a push will there be for a female celeb winner? Last year, four of the last five celebs were ladies, yet Joe McFadden completed a hat-trick of male celeb winners... ;)

(As always, no sexism intended. :))

• Registered Users Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

FAB U LOUS DAHLING

• Registered Users Posts: 21,840 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Please please , give Anton a decent partner this year .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Please please , give Anton a decent partner this year .

We can dream until next week:) but I suspect Katie Derham was his one shot. Would love the BBC to be less predictable than to stick him with Susannah or Kate. Would love him to get someone young and sporty, someone he could actually go places with.

There's a clip of the launch show on the twitter page. Have to say the pro girls outfits look rubbish. I'm not a prude or anything but they don't look good quality.

Am I right to presume they've already recorded the matching up show then? Last year, it looked like the launch was when they recorded it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Am I right to presume they've already recorded the matching up show then? Last year, it looked like the launch was when they recorded it.

Yes you are right, it was recorded sometime last week I think.

Their twitter feed on Tuesday was full of stuff. Claudia had some social media commentary then too.

I wish they wouldn't pretend all this stuff was live.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 28,859 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The pairing-up show was recorded some time recently, I got an email to apply for tickets but deleted it so not sure of the exact date.

I've just read another email properly, and turns out they also do stand-alone recordings of the all-pro dances - there's one of three pro dances to be recorded on 20th Sept and another on 6th Sept . So even some of the live shows aren't live!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,859 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hmmmm..... just found the email in the trash...... says it's to be recorded on Friday 31st August.....so not recorded yet!

Maybe they just decided the pairings and are leaking those in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The pairing-up show was recorded some time recently, I got an email to apply for tickets but deleted it so not sure of the exact date.

I've just read another email properly, and turns out they also do stand-alone recordings of the all-pro dances - there's one of three pro dances to be recorded on 20th Sept and another on 6th Sept . So even some of the live shows aren't live!

I never realised that. the editing is seamless if the pro dances are not live.

40400866_10156320323620973_9154323574213836800_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=60c8182aedc65229b5ba4b11b5e691e1&oe=5C399766

That's funny that they say it was the 31st for prerecorded launch show because I get the opinion people knew the pairings earlier on this week on Facebook . They also had a slow mo clip from the the launch show earlier on during the week on their Facebook page so I don't think it was the 31st.

From what we know of the contestants , what celebs do we think stand a chance. I think Ashley will be good , probably be too good and the public won't vote for her as they like the underdog to win. Thinking Katie Piper looks energetic too. Not much young men in this years, Joe Sugg could be an outsider. I suspect he'd be the type to get lessons in advance so he doesn't look foolish and he does have a large web following.

That's why I posted up above. Why would they get them all dressed up and take photos and post them on social media if that wasn't the night they were pre-recording the launch show?

Genealogy Forum Mod

I think it was Friday the 24th instead.

Who are you looking forward to see?

The pro dances are mostly prerecorded. There was a lady on one of the Facebook groups who was there the day they did that catwalk Vogue act and she said it that they had to do two takes to get it perfect earlier on in the day and it then was edited in to the live show.

I'm somebody who got into Strictly in the last few years. I can't stand those reveal episodes tough.

I know what you mean. I find some of the responses to pairings ingenuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I know what you mean. I find some of the responses to pairings ingenuine.

I guessed all the pairings correct last year. I can remember that fact but forget most of the ‘celebrities’ on it. It’s entertaining while you watch it but mostly forgettable once the series is over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I think it was Friday the 24th instead.

Who are you looking forward to see?

The pro dances are mostly prerecorded. There was a lady on one of the Facebook groups who was there the day they did that catwalk Vogue act and she said it that they had to do two takes to get it perfect earlier on in the day and it then was edited in to the live show.

So do they take a whole audience in just for prerecording a pro dance?

Advertisement