Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

The pic of those sweets!!! I also found out that heros are gluten free!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭pigtail33

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas in my house! Made a start on the Christmas baking this weekend.526288.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

TRS30 wrote: »

Thanks TRS30 !

I tend to order clothes as gifts whenever I see them, without waiting for Christmas, and get them delivered directly to the recipient.
    OK there is no Christmas surprise factor, but it works very well for us.

Ummmm more like retailers want some cash flow, which is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'd say that they are hoping this will whip people into a panic!

Jude13 wrote: »
    Ummmm more like retailers want some cash flow, which is fine.
    Posy wrote: »
    I'd say that they are hoping this will whip people into a panic!

Certainly wouldnt make me rush out and buy more clothes!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Me neither!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Nice to see Christmas decorations already up somewhere!
    Although it is just the Eastenders set !
    Source: https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a34009592/eastenders-christmas-episodes-filming-set/

eastenders-christmas-filming-1600076518.jpg

I think the only time I've panicked and bought clothes, is when a wedding snuck up on me. Speaking of which, I have an outfit sorted for the one that's going ahead this year :D now I just need to figure out what I'll do with my hair...

I love the lights! I didn't realise they filmed so far ahead, but then I know nothing about soaps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,283 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I love the lights! I didn't realise they filmed so far ahead, but then I know nothing about soaps :)

I know in the past Coronation Street would film in about October for Christmas. I'd say there's lot's of pressure to try and get the Christmas episodes done fast this year.

However it wouldn't surprise me if Fair City filmed a few days in advance.

119194425_3497326756999348_3309948157873831345_n.png?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=2c4854&_nc_ohc=Mi6lUO82oiIAX-RLMBb&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=85ecf27307861cbe3d3b23217e76b6e8&oe=5F8437A2

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

otnomart wrote: »
    Source: https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a34009592/eastenders-christmas-episodes-filming-set/

From than angle it looks like a miniature model set. I love it. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Filming of the Lidl Christmas ad started last week :)

Wish I knew how to post a photo directly in a post:(

Wish I knew how to post a photo directly in a post:(

Have you tried Imgur?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,344 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Dark around 8 this evening.

Really am enjoying this run up to the most wonderful time of the year !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

I wish people took my pictures of the stuff inside!
    Eg2Yz7xWsAI7JEb?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 37,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

otnomart wrote: »

Wonder who's dying this year ha

Most tragic and exciting things happen in Walford each Christmas

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wonder who's dying this year ha

Most tragic and exciting things happen in Walford each Christmas

I know. The property prices on the square must be next to nothing.

Any crime in the area? Yeah one death per every 4th person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Pubs in Dublin staying closed, but opening everywhere else. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Euro Giant Navan yesterday.....

If they market it correctly cards might be a big thing this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If they market it correctly cards might be a big thing this year!

physical mail sounds like a nightmare logistically with this covid stuff

Could we see Email cards become a bigger thing this year and maybe have options to put in gift vouchers/electronic scratch cards etc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    physical mail sounds like a nightmare logistically with this covid stuff

Could we see Email cards become a bigger thing this year and maybe have options to put in gift vouchers/electronic scratch cards etc

I'm not sure but I know in March our post woman said she had one of her busiest ever periods with people sending cards, postcards, etc and they were expecting Christmas to be busy if people couldn't visit.

E-cards and vouchers will probably sell well tough.I don't know how sending e scratch cards would work tough.
    However I don't think people really pay attention to e-cards at all. You might as well as send a basic email.

It might be my age but I really dont like e-cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm not sure but I know in March our post woman said she had one of her busiest ever periods with people sending cards, postcards, etc and they were expecting Christmas to be busy if people couldn't visit.

E-cards and vouchers will probably sell well tough.I don't know how sending e scratch cards would work tough.
    However I don't think people really pay attention to e-cards at all. You might as well as send a basic email.

My boss was also telling me her teenage daughter and her pals all got really into writing each other letters during lockdown!

I'll defo be posting cards this year, as many as normal if not more.

Me neither. We are showing our age :D

Also like physical books, maps etc and am not a technophobe, I promise!
    I'll defo be posting cards this year, as many as normal if not more.

Mentioned this awhile back that for the last couple of years we have been cutting back on the amount of cards we send, mainly due to the cost of stamps however this year will probably increase again due to most likely not seeing as many people over the festive period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

100% with you on that one. There's nothing like having the cards hung up or on a table.....I'm sure I'm not alone in keeping them from year to year to see who to send one to either. I send around 30 and receive about 20, but the way I see it if we want An Post to be there when we need them, then we have to support them.

Someone I know said that by the end of April, their postie told them they were on target to deliver 1m pieces of post when in normal times that figure would be in the low 100ks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭DvB

On the subject of christmas cards, we reuse the old ones by cutting them up & making gift tags out of them. Got yhe idea from a tip on here a few years back and it works really well. Saves going out & buying new ones too.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement