Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread Part II Mod post in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Just finished watching Breaking Bad, having started it 4 weeks ago or so!

What a fantastic show!

I know it had to end and it's for the best it ended before it lost its way like so many other shows but I'm still properly gutted it's over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I know it had to end and it's for the best it ended before it lost its way like so many other shows but I'm still properly gutted it's over.

Yeah.... I get ya there man....

Watched 13-16 in a lump yesterday, and I gotta say, Ozymandias was the single best hour of TV I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot.....

The scenes with Holly n that ep really got to me too, a blubbering wreck at 36 years old. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Former footballers head left in a bag on his wife's doorstep:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1599642?cc=5739
    A former Brazilian footballer was killed and his decapitated head delivered to his widow by suspected drug traffickers in Rio de Janeiro on Monday night.

Joao Rodrigo Silva Santo, 35, who played for Bangu, Olimpia, Nacional and Swedish club Oster during his career, was kidnapped after leaving the local food store he owned in the district of Realengo.

The next morning, his wife, an officer with Rio's Police Pacification Units (UPPS), found his backpack containing his severed head outside their house, with G1 Globo website reporting his eyes and tongue had been cut out.

Seems like he identified the men & posted pictures on facebook in a bid to help cut down local crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

There's something hilariously funny about people dressed up in costumes doing mundane everyday things.
    I've just seen Freddy Krueger putting out the bins and a middle aged man in skeleton face paint walking 2 little dogs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Decorate the house with Halloween stuff, get dressed up, get the pumpkin carved, prepare the sweets, not one trick or treater :(

Played some gta with a bowlful of sweets :d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We had none either for the second year in a row. We didn't have any treats any way so just as well I suppose.

I live in the town though so it is a little surprising that we had none. The travellers up the road used to be haunting us a week before halloween trick or treating but even they don't come any more. It's kinda sad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Heading to Galway this weekend, more than likely. Think there'll be many still dressing up, or will I be safe leaving it off?

Have barely had time to even think about it in the past week or two, let alone actually look for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Knex. wrote: »
    Heading to Galway this weekend, more than likely. Think there'll be many still dressing up, or will I be safe leaving it off?

Have barely had time to even think about it in the past week or two, let alone actually look for one.

Superman t-shirt, shirt, trousers, black shoes, glasses. Job done. If no one else is dressing up, at least you can still wear 90% of it out.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Knex. wrote: »

Go as a dogster.

BX_YwgiCYAAt8Ty.jpg:large

Actually stopped during my run to take a pic this morning :pac:

Seriously though, always have an easy back up costume. Agent 47 from Hitman was my backup one that I used on a couple of occasions at late notice. Not much to it really. Just need a black suit, white shirt, silk red tie, black leather gloves and preferably be bald! Though you can just pick up one of those bald caps they sell in joke shops and what not. You can get someone to draw a barcode on the back of your head with a marker too, just make sure it's someone you trust :D

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Go as a dogster.

Actually stopped during my run to take a pic this morning :pac:

Seriously though, always have an easy back up costume. Agent 47 from Hitman was my backup one that I used on a couple of occasions at late notice. Not much to it really. Just need a black suit, white shirt, silk red tie, black leather gloves and preferably be bald! Though you can just pick up one of those bald caps they sell in joke shops and what not. You can get someone to draw a barcode on the back of your head with a marker too, just make sure it's someone you trust :D

That image is brilliant :D

As for the bolded part, well, my friends would most definitely find the opportunity to draw a cock on the back of my head far too tempting and amusing to resist!

Player gets a punch and a broken jaw

Watch that video and hear the smack outta that punch in the first few seconds. ****ing hell!
    He didn't even get sent off coz none of the officials saw it. The manager subbed him off immediately though.

Off to bed before Senior Cup Final tomorrow - hopefully I wont be back on here before tuesday to tell ye how we get on.... :D

Yeah so that didnt go well.... Beaten 5-3 and were absolutely shocking! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Yeah so that didnt go well.... Beaten 5-3 and were absolutely shocking! :o

You just lost me €32,000.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Cool video that MNS made for the end of the Irish season:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/11/131105081352.htm#.UnqZhWLuBuk.twitter

Two knee surgeons at University Hospitals Leuven have discovered a previously unknown ligament in the human knee. This ligament appears to play an important role in patients with anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears.
    ‪Despite a successful ACL repair surgery and rehabilitation, some patients with ACL-repaired knees continue to experience so-called 'pivot shift', or episodes where the knee 'gives way' during activity. For the last four years, orthopedic surgeons Dr Steven Claes and Professor Dr Johan Bellemans have been conducting research into serious ACL injuries in an effort to find out why. Their starting point: an 1879 article by a French surgeon that postulated the existence of an additional ligament located on the anterior of the human knee.

That postulation turned out to be correct: the Belgian doctors are the first to identify the previously unknown ligament after a broad cadaver study using macroscopic dissection techniques. Their research shows that the ligament, which was given the name anterolateral ligament (ALL), is present in 97 per cent of all human knees. Subsequent research shows that pivot shift, the giving way of the knee in patients with an ACL tear, is caused by an injury in the ALL ligament.

You'd think the scientific world had discovered everything about knee joints! :eek:

That's class!

Hopefully in time we'll see a reduction in ACL injuries, particularly in the female game.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    That's class!

Hopefully in time we'll see a reduction in ACL injuries, particularly in the female game.

I think surgery & rehabilitations should surely improve significantly at the minimum

That's class!

Are they more common in women?

Yeah they are, particularly in adolescent females. Females carry more weight on the hips after puberty and the way we distribute our weight changes.

• Advertisement

Yeah they are, particularly in adolescent females. Females carry more weight on the hips after puberty and the way we distribute our weight changes.

I did not know that. Makes sense. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Any recommendations for a city centre pub in Dublin I might catch the Sweden Portugal 1st leg on Friday week? I guess a lot of them will be showing the Roy and Martin show at the Aviva.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a city centre pub in Dublin I might catch the Sweden Portugal 1st leg on Friday week? I guess a lot of them will be showing the Roy and Martin show at the Aviva.

Sinnnots or the Woolshed usually show a few games at the same time.

You can check their events page next week to get an idea if they will be showing it. Can always ring them too :)

http://www.sinnotts.ie/index.php?page=events

http://www.woolshedbaa.com/dublin/whats-on/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

The Living Room is showing it .
    http://www.thelivingroom.ie/sports/full-schedule/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Roy Keane & John Delany: A Modern Bromance

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/champions-league/10436566/BT-Sport-to-show-Champions-League-and-Europa-League-football-from-2015.html
    BT Sport was last night on the brink of a stunning victory in the battle for Champions League football after blowing BSkyB and ITV out of the water with a near £1 billion bid for the world’s biggest club competition.

The new broadcaster is understood to have begun final negotiations with Uefa for the exclusive UK live rights for both the Champions League and Europa League for three years from 2015, signalling an end to decades of terrestrial coverage of European club football.

firstrow sports is rubbing its hands with glee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Is there any game on tv at 3 today?

Looking at setanta and bt and neither are advertising one...

Is there any game on tv at 3 today?

Looking at setanta and bt and neither are advertising one...

Liverpool V Fulham is on Setanta Ireland from 2:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Is there a spurs thread? :confused:

• Advertisement

case885 wrote: »
    There's a whole Spurs forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

case885 wrote: »

They have their own forum - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=837

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Oh cheers, didnt know they had a forum.:eek:

What's the deal with Xtra Vision now? Seen a slot machine thingy in my spar

IvySlayer wrote: »
    What's the deal with Xtra Vision now? Seen a slot machine thingy in my spar

They have those rental machines all over the place now.The stores that remain open are merged with HMV.

zerks wrote: »
    They have those rental machines all over the place now.The stores that remain open are merged with HMV.

Do you need a membership card or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I was just having a chat to a colleague about friendlies still being important from a coefficient/ranking point of view with future seeding etc.........when I made a grim discovery.

Cape Verde Islands are ranked 42nd in the world.......we are 60th.

Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tbh we are where we are cause we could only manage 2 points from 12 against Sweden and Austria.

We deserve to be that far down the table on last 18 months alone.

Hopefully MON changes that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

That last minute Alaba strike at the Aviva was heart breaking. :o

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    That last minute Alaba strike at the Aviva was heart breaking. :o

Ya it was.

Had we hung on for the win I think we have been very close to 2nd.

We will never know now I guess. I still think Sweden would have pipped us to 2nd, but who knows.

C'mon now lads, back on off topic :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Eamon Dunphy made a brief appearance on Danny Baker's show on BBC Five Live on Saturday, playing the Sausage Sandwich game. It wasn't bad.

There's a clip here,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01l9t2q

and the full programme is available to stream/podcast until next Saturday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03h30n8

I completed QWOP today.

Today was a good day.

Keno wrote: »
    I completed QWOP today.

Today was a good day.

That's an utter bastard of a yoke!

Edit - yep - just tried it again. 5.0m

That's an utter bastard of a yoke!

Edit - yep - just tried it again. 5.0m

I got 100.4m.

Gonna listen to this for the rest of the night.

• Advertisement

Ha, just watched that movie with the kids there at the weekend.
    Still give it an oul "yeaaaah" when he does the whole crane kick thingy!

Also, yer man was 22 when that film was made!!!

Ha, just watched that movie with the kids there at the weekend.
    Still give it an oul "yeaaaah" when he does the whole crane kick thingy!

Also, yer man was 22 when that film was made!!!

Daniel is now the same age that Mr. Miyagi was in the first ‘Karate Kid’.

Keno wrote: »
    Daniel is now the same age that Mr. Miyagi was in the first ‘Karate Kid’.

Indeed - both 51...
    karatekid-jpg_011533.jpg

:eek:

I'm quare old! And off to find me slippers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

They really dont look the same age, jaysus.

They still look about 20 years apart in that photo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement