Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

djPSB wrote: »
    All three strikers are very similar in the way they play. Could do with a bit more pace up front to replace Ba.

Yeah, very true. From what I've heard the plan is to sell Cole and bring in 2 new strikers, strikers with a bit more variety to their game. If we don't sell Cole it'll be just the one striker brought in...

Delighted we have got ringo off the wages. Good first time around with us but should not have come back to us and never looked decent. Hope he does well for you and championship be prob his level now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Sure he hardly played for Sunderland! He played a good bit for Leeds last season and done ok by all accounts. He always played very well for West Ham. Most fans seem very glad to have him back, including me

You must have been reading the accounts of sarcastic opposition fans - he was good at the start but got very poor very quickly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

And we're off the mark. Nolan gets the first goal of the season.

Only change from last week is Collison for Sears. Sounds like a huge contigent made the trip to the Keepmoat.

Zavon Hines said to be gone to Burnley. Shame. Thought he would have stayed on.

Parkers not really doing himself any favours with his first two performances if he wants a move away. Really hope its sorted soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Super Hammers so far v Watford. O'Brien's goal sounded sweet.

Good to see defenders scoring goals, get Cole off the mark now for his confidence, and Taylor.

Come on Irons

Well done Cole !!

Yee har !!

Joey O'Brien looks like a quality signing. Nice to see our forwards finally getting in on the scoring act.
    Tomkins off injured though.

Go Parker !! Woo hoo.

I'd say Tonka will be ok - he's has been so good thus far, he is solid in the back, can do without losing him.
    Joey O'Brien looks like a quality signing

Yeh he has been excellent in fairness so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

Sounds like a strong all round performance tonight - would be a real coup if we can hold on to Parker.... happy-smiley-8819.gif

pjmn wrote: »
    Sounds like a strong all round performance tonight - would be a real coup if we can hold on to Parker.... happy-smiley-8819.gif
    Word has it though that we're pretty desperate to get rid of him as he's on something like £60k a week.
    Delighted with the result. Same team and hopefully same result on Sunday against Leeds to get into the top 2. Nice to see an Irish player giving his all and doing well for us unlike a certain striker last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

We are Leeds;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Atmosphere sounded brilliant.
    Great result, something to build on hopefully.

Hamstring injury for Tomkins. Probably going to miss the weekend's game unfortunately. He's been immense this season. He's been a great attacking threat as well.
    Supposedly Faye did well when he came on so no doubt him and Reid can do the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Really delighted to hear of Joey O'Brien's continued development.

Without his injury problems Ireland would have had a cemented incumbent in the right-back slot, and I believe he would have been playing for a more exaulted team than Bolton, or (through gritted teeth :D) West Ham.

If he continues in this vein, Trappatoni will have to stand up and take note.

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Atmosphere sounded brilliant.
    Great result, something to build on hopefully.

Yeah, listened on bbc london radio, our away support is up there with the very best. Heard a couple of new songs I didn't recognise tho. One that got a few airings was something to the tune of "East Londons our home, East Londons our home, f*ck off Tottenham, East Londons our home" - anyone know the words?? I'm going over for the Leeds game on sunday so would like to be fully up to speed :)

Got it!

"We're winning away,
    we're winning away,
    how sh*t must you be,
    we're winning away"

:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Mirror is talking about Joey Barton again, one deal I hope never goes through.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Het-Field wrote: »
    If he continues in this vein, Trappatoni will have to stand up and take note.
    Pfff he should but he more than likely wont.

Really should be aiming to beat Leeds easily on Sunday.

Why so? We ain't no pushovers. One of the only teams to beat QPR at Loftus Road last season...

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »

Why so? We ain't no pushovers. One of the only teams to beat QPR at Loftus Road last season...
    With all due respect, we're really beginning to motor now and on the form we showed yesterday away from home (we're usually sh!t away from home) we'd beat anyone in the championship easily.
    Mind you this is West Ham we're talking about.

We've beaten Man Utd at Old Trafford with a weaker squad than this and held Arsenal and Spurs to draws too in the last 2 years. We just need to be on our day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

QPR make £4m bid for Parker!

Paully D wrote: »

Typical Tony Fernandes move - presumably we will tell them they can have Parker for that money on Thursday and Fridays...;)

G.K. wrote: »
    We've beaten Man Utd at Old Trafford with a weaker squad than this and held Arsenal and Spurs to draws too in the last 2 years. We just need to be on our day.
    True. Though we beat Man Utd 4-0 at home last year with arguably a weaker team than now. Not saying ye have no chance, far from it, it's just if we play to our potential we should win.
    Paully D wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus.
    He really needs to leave ASAP. From reading reports of last night's game, he's still pulling out of tackles that he would have been flying into last season. Have a feeling he'll go to Spurs with at least one player going in the other direction.

Can't believe I'm stuck at work instead of in the pub for the Leeds game.

Haven't had to do weekend work all summer, and now the football season starts I'm back in on Saturdays and Sundays :mad:

Can't believe I'm stuck at work instead of in the pub for the Leeds game.

Haven't had to do weekend work all summer, and now the football season starts I'm back in on Saturdays and Sundays :mad:
    Likewise :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Likewise :(

Me too.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

1-0 Cole :D

2-2 FT.

No idea about the performance since I managed to see glimpses with some dodgy stream at work, but I'd take that.

• Advertisement

I definitely would not take 2-2 at home. That's two points dropped. It looks as if our players still don't realise that a game lasts for 90+ minutes. Late goals cost us our PL status last year and after only 4 games they've already cost us 3 points. That could be very important come the end of the season.

Dropping 5 points at home is not good enough in our first two home games in games we could have and should have won. They need to get the finger out and start stamping their mark on this league.

The poorer sides in this league will have a go at us at the Boleyn and we better be prepared otherwise dropping points will continue. Sadly.

Aldershot tonight in the rearranged Carling Cup first round game. What should the team be? Will Linda and Carew start and will Stech or Boffin be in goal? Don't think we should risk many first teamers seeing as it's such a long season.
    Hopefully some youngsters can get their debuts.

Aldershot tonight in the rearranged Carling Cup first round game. What should the team be? Will Linda and Carew start and will Stech or Boffin be in goal? Don't think we should risk many first teamers seeing as it's such a long season.
    Hopefully some youngsters can get their debuts.

I'm sure that'll be the case. Plenty of fringe team players need a game, not least Barrera. He needs to be given more of a chance I feel. He might bring something different to our quite one dimensional midfield at the moment

Ah for fcuk sake. From the radio it sounds like another horror show from Illunga. What a pathetic performance. Boffin and Piquionne were pretty poor by the sounds of it too. Thought Stech should have been started instead. Even before the sending off supposedly they weren't in the game.

42 years supporting this lot - why? I ask myself.....:mad:

Better to be out of this compo imo. Still doesn't make the nature of the exit any less pathetic though. Plenty for Big Sam to sort out, and he'd wanna be quick about it...

Yes, Sam needs to get the finger out or the fans will not support what he is doing.

Never easy following the hammers is it?

Parker will go, BUT PLEASE NOT TO SPUDS. Why should we do business with them after they sent a letter to the board saying if we drop the charges against them (re illegally obtaining personal WH data) then they would drop the high court challenge against our successful bid for the OS.

GET LOST SPUDS, if our board do business with them after this how the hell can we trust our board to do whats right for the club??:confused:

To be honest, if they're willing to pay the £8m, then let him go to Spurs. Though rumour has it they're still not moving from £4m plus players on loan. Feck that. It's win win for them if that goes through. Parker's out of the squad today.

On the OS point, I think Daniel Levy is really beginning to sweat on the police investigations. He knows there's no chance of them getting the decision overturned and there's a chance of custodial sentences if it's proven they've acted illegally.

• Advertisement

Nott'm Forest
    • 01 Camp
    • 04 Chambers
    • 05 Morgan
    • 16 Gunter
    • 06 Boateng
    • 10 McGugan
    • 14 Greening
    • 15 Cohen
    • 28 Majewski
    • 09 Miller
    • 24 Findley
    Substitutes
    • 21 Smith,
    • 33 Lynch,
    • 11 Reid,
    • 08 Derbyshire,
    • 18 Garner
    West Ham
    • 01 Green
    • 02 Reid
    • 03 McCartney
    • 05 Tomkins
    • 17 O'Brien
    • 18 Faubert
    • 04 Nolan
    • 10 Collison
    • 14 Taylor
    • 16 Noble
    • 09 Cole
    Substitutes
    • 31 Boffin,
    • 15 Faye,
    • 25 Stanislas,
    • 11 Carew,
    • 30 Piquionne
    Good to see Tomkins back. Not liking our attacking options. Hopefully Baldock will be available for the next game.

OG and Nolan put us 2 up :D
    Tomkins has been immense as an attacking force this season. Ref giving them pretty much everything and they've had some decent chances so we're not out of it just yet.

3 up. Why are we a completely different team away from home? 2.5 games and we've scored 8 and conceded none. Forest's defence is shocking so we should be looking at another 2 or 3.

Pissed that I can't see it, again.

Pissed that I can't see it, again.

http://www.venturetv.me/channel2.htm

pjmn wrote: »

The most basic website is blocked at work, so thanks but won't work I guess :D

• Advertisement

1-3. Handball in the run up to it. :mad:
    Only we could go 3-0 up and still be hanging on.

,.... true.

................yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss

4-1 and game over. Ref gave Forest every chance to get back into it. Green barged into the goal by a Forest player and no free given.

Decent performance, great result. Forest's defence was a joke though. Need to get our first win of the season at home to Pompey in two weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement