Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

• 27-07-2009 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

I searched for one of this are there isn't one as far as i can see,
    the terry dixon thread is turning into a dean ashton transfer discussion and im sure this thread will get enough action over the season to be needed?

I'm forever blowing bubbles,
    Pretty bubbles in the air.
    They fly so high,
    Nearly reach the sky,
    Then like my dreams,
    They fade and die.
    Fortune's always hiding,
    I've looked everywhere,
    I'm forever blowing bubbles,
    Pretty bubbles in the air.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

Sunday's paper rumours

# West Ham have joined Spurs in showing interest in Bayern Munich's Italian striker Luca Toni.

# Eidur Gudjohnsen is keeping Gianfranco Zola guessing over a return to English football with West Ham.

# West Ham are lining up a move for Bristol City goalkeeper Adriano Basso.

# Dean Ashton’s two-year misery at West Ham is set to end with a £5million move to either Stoke, Fulham or Hull

# West Ham will demand £15m for centre-back Matthew Upson, who is being chased by Tottenham, but if Manchester City fail to buy John Terry City boss Mark Hughes will make a move for Upson.

NOTW:-

Leverkusen in for Julien Faubert

WEST HAM flop Julien Faubert, 25, interests Bayer Leverkusen.

Fellow German side Schalke also fancy the midfielder, 25, who had a chunk of last term on loan at

Real Madrid.

He has struggled since a £6million move from Bordeaux in 2007 but has impressed in pre-season

for the Hammers.

People:-

Eidur's Gud to go

Ian Gibb
    26 July 2009

Eidur Gudjohnsen is set to quit European champions Barcelona - with West Ham waiting to sign

him.

Gudjohnsen insists he will walk out of the Nou Camp if he doesn't get more starting time than last

season.

He said: "I'm a footballer and I love to play. I want to play as much as I can. We've got a lot of

youngsters with unbelievable talent but there's only room for 11 at one time.

"I've had a lot of opportunities to make a lot more money at different stages of my career and have

always done what I felt was right. I will do that again."

Mirror:-

CITY TO UP OFFER

By James Masters 26/07/2009

West Ham are bracing themselves for a £15million bid from Manchester City for Matthew Upson.

The Hammers are desperate to keep hold of the England defender, who still has two years

remaining on his contract at Upton Park.

City's failure to land John Terry from Chelsea and being told to double their £15m offer for

Everton's Joleon Lescott has sparked fears that Upson could be next on Mark Hughes' shopping

list.

Hughes has spent £80m this summer, but is yet to sign a top central defender.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is also keen on Upson after the news that Ledley King, Michael

Dawson and Jonathan Woodgate will all miss the start of the season.

Bristol City goalkeeper Adriano Basso targeted by West Ham United

26/07/2009

West Ham are lining up a move for Bristol City goalkeeper Adriano Basso after the Brazilian

handed in a transfer request.

Basso, 34, has asked to leave Ashton Gate after failing to agree terms on a new contract.

Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola is looking for cover for England star Rob Green.

Robins boss Gary Johnson rapped: "We have offered him a very good contract.

"We have always moved Adriano up the pay scale if he and the club have progressed but his

latest demands are simply beyond what we can offer."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I promise this will reopen at the weekend once we've finalised the charter review and published the new charter, which may have some implicatins for superthread rules. Please bear with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Opened as per request.

Millwall drawn in the Carling Cup, there will be carnage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Millwall at home! GET IN!!!! cant wait for this one :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Even I'm excited about this one and don't even support West Ham or Millwall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hammers better rest Carlton Cole for that one.

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Millwall at home! GET IN!!!! cant wait for this one :D

i dont know how to sum up how exited i am for this
    have to go over for it il never forgive myself if i dont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

No good can come of this. Its like that film with whatsisname.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

flahavaj wrote: »
    No good can come of this. Its like that film with whatsisname.:pac:
    Unless Chelsea get Millwall in Round 3 :)

• Advertisement

Irish Iron wrote: »
    i dont know how to sum up how exited i am for this
    have to go over for it il never forgive myself if i dont

Sucks its on a weekday. Would go over in a heartbeat if it wasnt. Wont go on general sale so if you dont have membership i would get it. Would be worth it for this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

How are we looking for the new season? Is Behrami fit yet? Who is going to play at RB?

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Sucks its on a weekday. Would go over in a heartbeat if it wasnt. Wont go on general sale so if you dont have membership i would get it. Would be worth it for this game

yeh ive got 2 memberships and its the same night as the arsenal -v- celtic game so should be able to round up a crew to head over
    How are we looking for the new season? Is Behrami fit yet? Who is going to play at RB?

behrami will miss the start and i think faubert is gonna play rb if neill dosent stay.
    im happy enough with the squad, another striker would be ideal i guess

Behrami probably wont be back till late sep/oct. I would prefer spector at rb and bring on faubert if we go behind or need some goals.

Spector----Tomkins---Upson----Illunga

That would be my prefered defense for wolves.

Is doyle fit for the game?

did you see the game today morphine?

the first half an hour faubert was brilliant. if he put in performances like that week in week out id have him over neill.
    having said that id like to see how he copes against stronger opposition first.

cracker of a goal from noble, big season for him.

dyer looked good, cole had another stormer.

i dont know if green got motm but he should have if he didnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I was pretty pleased with the performance yesterday. It was nice to see Faubert playing well. I always thought he'd be a strong signing for us but that achilles injury he got seemed to break his spirit a little. Maybe 6 months on the bench at Real can cure even the most jaded player.

All that being said, the bench yesterday looked quite weak. Gabs probably isn't quite ready yet. Spector is competent. Stanislas is still developing. I just worry that we don't have enough options at the moment to change things if a game is going badly. But I suppose it was like that for most of last season and we did pretty well.

Jordan Spence is to further his development with a month-long loan switch to Championship club Scunthorpe United.

The 19-year-old defender could make his debut for the Iron at home against Middlesbrough on Tuesday night having been in the stands to watch their 3-2 win against Derby County at Glanford Park on Saturday. Highly rated by all at West Ham but yet to make his senior debut, Spence has captained England at every youth level up to the Under-20s.

Spence will hope to impress Scunthorpe manager Nigel Adkins as he did during a temporary spell at Leyton Orient last season, playing 20 games for the League One outfit. He returned to West Ham in the summer and was taken on the first team's pre-season training camp in Austria and subsequent tour of China.

Freddie Sears, also 19, is the only other West Ham player out on loan. The striker is at Championship club Crystal Palace and had the misfortune of seeing a seemingly good goal disallowed at the weekend. Sears had the ball in the net in the first half against Bristol City only for all the match officials to miss it and continue play. Palace went on to lose 1-0.

Spence and Sears could face each other on Saturday 12 September when Scunthorpe make the long trip down to London to take on Palace. Before then, Hammers fans will be able to see Sears in action against Manchester City in a televised Carling Cup tie on Thursday 27 August.
    0,,12562~6751891,00.jpg

did you see the game today morphine?

I was only listening to it on talksport but saw the highlights. Heard faubert played bery well alright. Although im not going to judge till i see a few more games. Was delighted with overall perfromance and glad to see dyer getting more minutes. Jimenez seems promising and has already geld in well with the squad. If cole gets injured we are in big trouble tho. No di michele or tristan this year for backup and with sears gone aswell. Hopefully we will get someone before window closes.
    Jordan Spence is to further his development with a month-long loan switch to Championship club Scunthorpe United.

The 19-year-old defender could make his debut for the Iron at home against Middlesbrough on Tuesday night having been in the stands to watch their 3-2 win against Derby County at Glanford Park on Saturday. Highly rated by all at West Ham but yet to make his senior debut, Spence has captained England at every youth level up to the Under-20s.

Spence will hope to impress Scunthorpe manager Nigel Adkins as he did during a temporary spell at Leyton Orient last season, playing 20 games for the League One outfit. He returned to West Ham in the summer and was taken on the first team's pre-season training camp in Austria and subsequent tour of China.

Freddie Sears, also 19, is the only other West Ham player out on loan. The striker is at Championship club Crystal Palace and had the misfortune of seeing a seemingly good goal disallowed at the weekend. Sears had the ball in the net in the first half against Bristol City only for all the match officials to miss it and continue play. Palace went on to lose 1-0.

Spence and Sears could face each other on Saturday 12 September when Scunthorpe make the long trip down to London to take on Palace. Before then, Hammers fans will be able to see Sears in action against Manchester City in a televised Carling Cup tie on Thursday 27 August.
    0,,12562~6751891,00.jpg

Very good move. Him and freddie going to come back much better players! They really need to play the more physical games if they are ever going to make it in the premierleague!

Really looking forward to spurs and millwall now. Spurs game is going to be VERY tough. I would be very happy with a draw. Millwall should be easy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What do people reckon are the chances of Deano staying? none?

• Advertisement

What do people reckon are the chances of Deano staying? none?

i dont know stoke are doing alot of sniffing around him,
    id love nothing more for him to stay and stay fit because he is sheer class, a shearer/sheringham type player in my eyes.

theres strong talk of that bordeaux striker chamakh coming to west ham, i know nothing about him, seen him for the first time on eurogoals this week.

Telegraph:-

West Ham poised to seal £7 million deal for Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh

By Jason Burt
    Published: 7:31AM BST 18 Aug 2009

West Ham hope to secure the permanent transfer of the highly-rated Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh in a deal thought to be worth around £7 million.

Chief executive Scott Duxbury will fly to France to try to secure a move for the 25 year-old, who remains of interest to Arsenal.

If West Ham sign Chamakh it will come as a huge relief to manager Gianfranco Zola, who has made no secret of his desire to bring in at least one new striker this summer. West Ham will partly finance the deal with the expected sale of defender James Collins, who is interesting Stoke City and is available for around £5 million. Talks between the two clubs are ongoing.

One concern for West Ham is that Chamakh may carry out his threat to see out the final year of his contract at Bordeaux and then agree a free transfer next summer to Arsenal, who had a £5 million bid for the Moroccan international rejected earlier this summer.

Understandably the French club are keen to avoid that scenario and want to conclude a swift deal with West Ham, who are confident that negotiations will be successfully concluded on Tuesday.

Chamakh scored twice in Bordeaux's 3-2 win at Sochaux on Saturday to take his total to three goals in two French league games. West Ham had an initial offer of £4 million rejected and although club sources will not confirm the scale of their new bid, sources in France have indicated it could amount to around £7 million. Contrary to suggestions, there is no sell-on clause involved in the deal.

West Ham have been in talks with Barcelona's Eidur Gudjohnsen and Bayern Munich's Luca Toni, but Chamakh would appear to represent a younger, quicker option than either player.

However West Ham will continue to look to add to their squad before the transfer window closes at the end of this month, having already signed Luis Jiménez from Inter Milan on a season-long loan and agreed permanent deals for Radoslav Kovac and Herita Ilunga, plus the promising young former Chelsea striker Frank Nouble.

The club have continued to fiercely deny suggestions that they have to conduct a fire-sale to balance the books and have also dismissed out-of-hand claims that Zola is unhappy and considering his position.

On the contrary, it is understood that the manager is comfortable with the club's current transfer policy and is working closely with Duxbury and technical director Gianluca Nani to re-shape the squad.

West Ham have made no secret of the fact that they want to move on several fringe players such as Calum Davenport and Nigel Quashie, and would consider offers for others such as Julien Faubert and Collins, even though both are currently involved in the first-team.

Duxbury has to continue to try and balance the books and it is a case of West Ham having to sell to finance any purchases.

Manchester City have shown interest in Matthew Upson but West Ham will not sell their captain unless they receive an offer of at least £15 million. Even then the bid will be put to Zola to make a final decision but he may decide that such a fee, for a 30 year-old, represents good value as long as he is given funds to invest in his first-team squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

WooHoo ! My tixs arrived for Sunday's game ! Really looking forward to this as I having been sitting my Inns entrance exams for the past 3 days, with two more to come !

Havent been at Upton Park for a game since 2004, so Im looking forwward to getting re-aquainted !

Come on you Irons !

Het-Field wrote: »
    WooHoo ! My tixs arrived for Sunday's game ! Really looking forward to this as I having been sitting my Inns entrance exams for the past 3 days, with two more to come !

Havent been at Upton Park for a game since 2004, so Im looking forwward to getting re-aquainted !

Come on you Irons !

booked my millwall tickets today,

irons!

Think I will go to easy games this year instead and try and see a couple wins :D

Hull and Portsmouth maybe. Fed up of going to top 4 games for the moment as we always loose when I see them :pac:

From l'equipe

While he seemed resigned to stay in Bordeaux, despite his desires elsewhere, Marouane Chamakh has perhaps never been so close to a departure from the club girondin. L'Equipe revealed Thursday that the latest offer from West Ham for the Moroccan international striker has moved closer Wednesday evening demands made by the leadership of club champion de France.

The Hammers have offered a total of 7 million euros, with different bonuses that guarantee the champion of France at least 1 million extra a year. In addition, Bordeaux was reportedly proposed to reach 20% on capital gains by West Ham at the resale of the player. Jean-Louis Triaud, the president of Bordeaux, had fixed the compensation to transfer 8 million, plus 25% incentive on capital gains.

The views are sufficiently close to the English club is very optimistic about the upcoming arrival of the player 25 years. Gianfranco Zola, the Hammers manager, hopes Chamakh will soon visit the facilities of the club and he wants to make him the tip of his attack. Zola will offer Chamakh a five year contract. Nikola Zigic, the attacking Serbian at Valencia (28 years) would still be in pole to be his successor at Bordeaux.

SIR TREVOR BROOKING has urged West Ham to sign two strikers – because they can’t afford to flirt with the drop under their current ownership.

The Hammers have just one fit forward in Carlton Cole and links with Eidur Gudjohnsen and Marouane Chamakh have so far come to nothing.

And Brooking, who spent his entire playing career at Upton Park, is eager for signings to be made.

He said: “West Ham need a couple of strikers – and they would be the difference between a top-half finish or looking over their shoulder.

"Strikers would be the difference between a top-half finish or West Ham looking over their shoulder"
    “The new asset management group of creditors need to support the club because, to get their money back, they’ll need West Ham to stay in the Premier League.”

Brooking, the Football Association’s director of football development, was speaking at the launch of a twinning scheme between the FA and the Government’s £270m myplace programme to develop top-class youth facilities in England.

Brooking said: “The FA is delighted to be supporting this initiative. The facilities in this country are key to encouraging youngsters to participate in sport.

“And I’m sure the scheme will help provide them with an opportunity to think about what kind of sports they can get involved in.

“From a footballing point of view, five-a-side and mini-soccer is growing in popularity and we want to keep these youngsters involved in the sport. The myplace age groups are key ones for us.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What do you think of James Collins?
    Linked with Villa. A real :confused: for me.

JPA wrote: »
    What do you think of James Collins?
    Linked with Villa. A real :confused: for me.

i love the ginger pele, but i prefer when we have upson & tomkins in defence so if he wants to stay as back up it would be great if not good luck to him

Have heard from a good source that Collison's dad was killed in a road traffic accident yesterday on the way to the game, Collison didn't hear about it until after the game when he went looking for him.

Very sad, RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Have heard from a good source that Collison's dad was killed in a road traffic accident yesterday on the way to the game, Collison didn't hear about it until after the game when he went looking for him.

Very sad, RIP.

Seriously bad luck for West Ham players over the weekend.

Very sad, RIP.

RIP

Very sad indeed. Collison is going to be a quality player for England and whatever top team get him in and his father would of been very proud watching him progress.

Millwall are already making songs for the game tommorrow about calum and jack's dad. Disgusting fans and terrible football club.

Collison playing tonights game. What a brave lad. Hope he plays the game of his life to wind up the millwall.

Lineup: Green, Faubert, Tomkins, Gabbidon, Spector, Parker (c), Kovac, Payne, Collison, Stanislas, Cole
    Subs: Kurucz, Daprela, Upson, Collins, Lee, Nouble, Hines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i hope you muller them.

just back home there now.

didnt get caught up in any trouble but the atmosphere inside was superb.
    passion from all 3 sides of the ground which you dont see very often these days, happy ive got to see what the old school intimadating upton park was like.

^^^ cant believe im writing that about the carling cup 2nd round.

Jack Collison has made himself even more of a legend in my eyes.
    R.I.P Ian Collison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

just back home there now.

didnt get caught up in any trouble

Thought I saw you drop kicking one of the stewards ;):pac:
    watched the match via stream, Arsenal fan but was looking looking forward to this match,
    knew there was going to be riots :eek:, looked like a good atmosphere alright,
    went to see West Ham against Everton last season was great atmosphere then.

• Advertisement

No diamanti for tomorow :(
    hopefully he's half as good as out last passionate italian striker!

good video i saw just there now

Ill take the point !

What a horribly boring game. It was obvious zola was going for a point. Also the bolton game for next round of carling cup zzzzzz. Worst tie that could of got. They are just going to sit back for the whole game and then faubert score and own goal on 90th min!

yeh bolton is always a horrible game for us

happy enough with the point yesterday i suppose, cole should of had 1 in the first half

lets see what this diamanti lad is all about next week up at wigan

• Advertisement

taken from kumb.

daily express

West Ham, Wolves in Valencia talks for Zigic

Valencia striker Nikola Zigic has Premiership offers on the table.

The Sun says West Ham and Wolves are both in talks with 6ft 7in Valencia striker Zigic.

Zigic, 28, - Serbia's answer to Peter Crouch - cost £20m two years ago but could be prised away for £7m.

West Ham and Stoke are both reportedly set to make £2million bids for Sunderland's Phil Bardsley before Tuesday's transfer deadline.

West Ham and Wolves are both in talks to sign Valencia's 6ft 7in Serbian striker Nikola Zigic.
    The Sun

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill wants to sign either Matthew Upson or James Collins from West Ham before Tuesday's deadline.
    Daily Mail

any of you know anything about this defender?
    will he be partnering upson in the middle or is it his replacement?
    what does the future hold for james tomkins and the ginger pele?

0,,12562~7030387,00.jpg

West Ham United have sold Savio to ACF Fiorentina with the club receiving an undisclosed fee and Portuguese centre-back Manuel Da Costa in return from the UEFA Champions League contenders.

Da Costa, 23, moves to the Boleyn Ground on a three-year contract after one season in Italy, having left Florence in January for a loan at their Serie A rivals UC Sampdoria. His home debut could come against Liverpool on Saturday 19 September, the team he played against for PSV Eindhoven in the 2006/07 UEFA Champions League quarter-finals.

The French-born defender first made his name with AS Nancy-Loraine before his high-profile switch to PSV. He promptly won the Dutch title in his first season in 2006/07 and was soon being courted by some of Europe's leading clubs before heading to Fiorentina. Capped 23 times at U21 level, Da Costa has twice been named in senior squads by Portugal.

Savio's departure will see the club retain 50 per cent of his sell-on value in future. The Germany Under-20 international arrived at the Boleyn Ground in January from Brescia Calcio for an undisclosed fee. The 20-year-old made eleven appearances - ten off the substitute's bench - but failed to establish himself in the side. The emergence of Junior Stanislas also limited Savio's chances.

West Ham United CEO Scott Duxbury said: "This is a good deal for everyone concerned. Although not for the want of trying, Savio has struggled to make an impact for various reasons, while Manuel is also looking for a fresh start. We will continue to look at home and across Europe for the brightest prospects as they best fit our vision for this club's future.

"Had our financial situation been different we would have preferred to have kept and developed Savio. However, we are required to make savings and our policy has always been to sell players on the fringes rather than established first-team players. With the fee we received for Savio and 50 per cent sell-on together with acquiring the highly-rated Da Costa, it represented a great deal."

West Ham have been busy in the transfer market this summer, signing the highly-regarded attack-minded Serie A players Luis Jimenez and Alessandro Diamanti from Internazionale and AS Livorno Calcio respectively. The club has also bought Herita Ilunga and Radoslav Kovac permanently after their successful loan deals last season and acquired the highly-rated trio Peter Kurucz, Fabio Daprela and Frank Nouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

we (villa) have just stuck in a bid for collins from you chaps

would he move to be 4th choice central defender behind cuellar, dunne and davies? or are you in a sell to buy position at the moment?

Helix wrote: »
    we (villa) have just stuck in a bid for collins from you chaps

would he move to be 4th choice central defender behind cuellar, dunne and davies? or are you in a sell to buy position at the moment?

hmm it depends wheter he wants to be 4th choice there or 3rd choice here (unless upson gets sold), i could see him going somewhere to get 1st team football tho

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/03/west-ham-financial-crisis-37m-loss#history-byline
    West Ham accounts reveal loss of £37m

• West Ham debts and liabilities close to £100m
    • Accounts unveil 'fundamentally flawed' strategy

The shocking extent of West Ham United's financial crisis during the Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson era has been laid bare in the clubs's accounts, which have been obtained by the Guardian. The documents reveal a business strategy that, in the opinion of the club's finance director, Nick Igoe, was "fundamentally flawed".

The accounts set out a loss of more than £37.4m for the year ending 2008, which was covered by an injection of £30.5m of cash from the holding company of the former owner, Gudmundsson, and £17m of new loans negotiated with the banks in January 2008. Now that the club's parent company, CB Holding, is effectively a subsidiary of Iceland's now defunct bank Straumur, even a marginal loss this year could result in a return to the 2008 crisis.

In addition, the Hammers have net debt and contingent liabilities approaching £100m. But since West Ham are also yet to file their May 2009 accounts, the true current picture has not been presented. It is believed five syndicate banks have together raised their loans to the club to £50m and whether the auditors, Deloitte, will sign off the most recent accounts is an important consideration.
    At that time the annual wage bill amounted to £63.3m on turnover of £81.5m, a ratio of almost 78% that the club recognises as being "unsustainable". Only the removal from the wage bill of players such as Craig Bellamy, Anton Ferdinand, Bobby Zamora and Matthew Etherington has allowed the club to continue trading.

There are further financial pressures off the pitch that will continue to hit home. The collapse of the former shirt sponsor, XL, is estimated to have cost the club £4m. The settlement with Sheffield United after the Carlos Tevez inquiry has added another £21m in future liabilities, to be paid in four equal tranches each year to February 2013.

Add to that the £17.8m that the club owe following Gudmundsson's spending spree and it is apparent that the Hammers remain on shaky ground. "It is clear with the benefit of hindsight that not all of the investment undertaken in the playing squad in the period under review was prudent," Igoe said. "West Ham United purchased three high-profile players in 2007-08 at a combined cost of £20m with total annual wages in excess of £12m. Those players made 36 starting appearances between them in the season."

Shocking stuff.

the 3 boys for the england 21s:

"..Sears reacted quickest to convert James Tomkins' knockdown following a Junior Stanislas corner in the 68th minute.."

looks like behrami is gonna get a run out for the stiffs tonight

Behrami Army
    Behrami Army
    Behrami Army
    Behrami Army
    Behrami Army
    Behrami Army

West Ham United are pleased to announce the signing Davide Ferrari from Brescia Calcio on an initial season-long loan deal with a view to a permanent transfer.

The 17-year-old, whose preferred position is as an attacking full-back, could go straight into the reserves' squad for Tuesday's Barclays Premier Reserve League South match with Birmingham City.

"It is fantastic to be here, it is like a dream," Ferrari said. "I am very happy to be in London. I am privileged to train under Gianfranco Zola as he is one of my idols.

"I like to attack as a full-back and I like to score goals but first my main aim is to be in the first-team squad and to do well for the club."

Ferrari was signed before the transfer deadline but his arrival could only be announced once international clearance was received. The club are grateful to the FA and Premier League for their help.
    0,,12562~6840921,00.jpg

Diamanti scored 2 free kick goals in the reserve game lastnight wining 6-0 against brum. Good to see behrami back aswell.

Goal 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPnpAO6sOEk
    Goal 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=solxiZs_bxk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

How is Terry 'the great white hope' Dixon doing??

• Advertisement
Advertisement