Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Superthread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-united-transfer-news-aaron-wanbissaka-crystal-palace-2019-latest-updates-a8963806.html
    Crystal Palace remain completely unmoving in their valuation of Aaron Wan-Bissaka, meaning Manchester United will ultimately have to match it if they are to finally secure the defender.

The Old Trafford club have had two bids knocked back already by Palace, both of which have fallen well short of the set price of around £70 million.

United had initially been hoping to prise the 22-year-old away from Selhurst Park for £25m, and then £50m following Palace's initial resistance.

That was... optimistic.

Article also says that United have opened talks over Issa Diop but that West Ham want Martial in exchange. Can't see that happening!

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

correction wrote: »
    Seen Marca saying they were willing to match Joao Felix's 120m release clause. They have the money and he is a generational talent. Certainly one to keep an eye on.

They're apparently signing Hector Herrera on a free too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,890 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

See reports that Barca are ready to offer Umtiti, ​Rakitic, Dembele & €100m for Neymar.

PSG would be mental to turn that down if there is any truth to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Real just dropped another 50m on a Brazilian laf I never heard of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,504 ✭✭✭✭noodler

rob316 wrote: »

This mental, are they up to 250m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,360 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

noodler wrote: »
    This mental, are they up to 250m?

After the signings they've made I think they must be the clear favourite to win Space Jam next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fabio Capello said back in April he was told Madrid had €500m to spend in the summer. Proper rebuild from a proper big club.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Rodrygo? That was agreed last summer. Its just been made official now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,005 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Speculating to accumulate?

If he is talented and turns out to be a good player then it'll be a good buy.

When Ben Chilwell is worth £70m, then this lad is probably worth a punt.

I'm sure Madrid have done their homework.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,557 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

See reports that Barca are ready to offer Umtiti, ​Rakitic, Dembele & €100m for Neymar.

Real are supposedly making a move with Cash plus Casemiro..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,504 ✭✭✭✭noodler

This is ridiculous.

Madrid haven't sold a single player yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

This is ridiculous.

It's the 18th of June relax

This is ridiculous.

37 senior players.. actually 38 now :pac: they are like Chelsea with the loans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

:rolleyes:
    anyone with half a brain knows that story is bs.

astradave wrote: »
    Real are supposedly making a move with Cash plus Casemiro..

It's the only way any team signs Neymar is with players involved no team will pay that kind of cash again for him.

Makes sense for Madrid to use players to get them off there books.

• Advertisement

It's the only way any team signs Neymar is with players involved no team will pay that kind of cash again for him.

Makes sense for Madrid to use players to get them off there books.

This is the latest now :pac: it's gone full mental

https://twitter.com/SamLee/status/1141094211548254215?s=09

Deadly bonkers stories out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Felix signs Atletico.

Felix signs Atletico.

Never heard of a player buying a football club during the window, that a first?

I would say about 95% of these transfers rumours are made up.

It used to be stuff created to fill the back pages of the tabloids, now we have twitter, where people can just say any old rubbish and it's reported as fact.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    I would say about 5% of these transfers rumours are made up.

It used to be stuff created to fill the back pages of the tabloids, now we have twitter, where people can just say any old rubbish and it's reported as fact.

Try 95%. Very little that is reported is real these days

Sorry it was a typo!

Football news over the summer is all fake news ffs

What I find crazy is posters on the internet getting wound up especially here on Boards more so than other similar message Boards about posters posting about crazy rumours.

They seem to take it personally for some reason and get very agitated so much so you can nearly see their blood pressure rise from their posting style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ITSTHEMOSTIMPORTANTTIMEOFTHEYEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

NIMAN wrote: »
    I would say about 95% of these transfers rumours are made up.

It's not that it's reported as fact, it's just gobbled up by the gullible who spread it like wildfire. The spoofers on Twitter probably can't believe how many take the bait and give them click after click!

Harry watch your blood pressure.

I love the transfer window, I love reading all the mad reports. Am I a transfer muppet, absolutely, do I believe 5% of what is written, absolutely not. It's all about getting to know the credible reporters and even those change over the space of weeks/months..

Take Duncan Castles for instance, he writes for various places, he has 90% clickbait articles for places, except when he is writing in the Sunday times, as they have higher standards and his sources need to be confirmed.

He would have been absolutely on the ball with all United stuff when Jose was in charge of United as he has very close links to Jorge Mendes, who would feed him the info. Would I trust anything he writes about United now? Not a hope.

DiMarzio is very good for various Italian news as he pays some sources for the info. He also gets info directly from Raoila so is on the ball with his clients. But he absolutely spams his site, with other links so you need to know what to look out for.

And dont even get me started on those Reddit ITK's :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

This is the latest now :pac: it's gone full mental

https://twitter.com/SamLee/status/1141094211548254215?s=09

I’d believe that Messi wants Neymar over griezman , griezmann would be taking a right sided place rather than a left side ala Neymar, wonder would Neymar go back
    , I don’t think real want to sign Neymar either, plenty of attackers in that team for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I’d believe that Messi wants Neymar over griezman , griezmann would be taking a right sided place rather than a left side ala Neymar, wonder would Neymar go back
    , I don’t think real want to sign Neymar either, plenty of attackers in that team for now

I hate this bull**** about Messi wants , and Ronaldo demands. I dont care who you are no player should dictate what happens.
    Greizzman to City be some steal if they could make it happen, Jesus and Sane would have to make way but would be a power house up front then .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

What I find crazy is posters on the internet getting wound up especially here on Boards more so than other similar message Boards about posters posting about crazy rumours.

They seem to take it personally for some reason and get very agitated so much so you can nearly see their blood pressure rise from their posting style.

no one is angry just bemused that your helping spread clearly fake news though over & over again.

I guess it is maybe a hobby of yours. If it means so much to you well stay posting every rumour you come across whether fake or legit. I won't tell you to stop again you get a bit emotional about it lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,059 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think it's easy to spot the made up transfer rumours apart from the realistic ones that have a chance of happening.

It's about choosing who to listen to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

FitzShane wrote: »
    I think it's easy to spot the made up transfer rumours apart from the realistic ones that have a chance of happening.

It's about choosing who to listen to.

I tend to believe the ones I want to be true and ignore the others. Salah to RM, never going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Had an electrician in the house this morning, second cousin of a Premiership player for Brighton.

Said Rice to United is a dead cert and to put money on it if you can.

Trusted source, no bull****, tell everyone

Had an electrician in the house this morning, second cousin of a Premiership player for Brighton.

The only Rice going to United is Uncle Bens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,059 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

hmmmm assuming the electrician is Irish, he is either related to Shane Duffy, Richie Towell or Aaron Connolly. Aaron Connolly and Declan Rice are around the same age, but as far as I can see, they didn't play with each other at Irish underage level so I'm kind of struggling to see how Declan Rice would give this sort of information to these players easily. Unless it was a friend of a friend who was passing this on along.

hmmmm assuming the electrician is Irish, he is either related to Shane Duffy, Richie Towell or Aaron Connolly. Aaron Connolly and Declan Rice are around the same age, but as far as I can see, they didn't play with each other at Irish underage level so I'm kind of struggling to see how Declan Rice would give this sort of information to these players easily. Unless it was a friend of a friend who was passing this on along.

It's fake news, thought it was obvious!

Maybe proves the point that something as daft as that could make peoples heads turn, journalists write about and cue the mass hysteria. The usual shyte we're reading day in, day out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Sure all that needs to happen is for someone in Sky to see this thread and at lunch we'll have SKY Sports News Sources understand Rice is on the verge of joining Utd. It's how it seems to work now.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Sure all that needs to happen is for someone in Sky to see this thread and at lunch we'll have SKY Sports News Sources understand Rice is on the verge of joining Utd. It's how it seems to work now.

The BBC have embraced this attitude fully.

Headline: "LIVERPOOL FANS FURIOUS THAT PLAYER X MIGHT LEAVE."
    Story: One tweet says "I'm furious..."

I've had to unfollow them on social media because it's nothing but clickbait nonsense there now.

• Advertisement

The BBC have embraced this attitude fully.

Headline: "LIVERPOOL FANS FURIOUS THAT PLAYER X MIGHT LEAVE."
    Story: One tweet says "I'm furious..."

I've had to unfollow them on social media because it's nothing but clickbait nonsense there now.

Or "Liverpool star on the way out of Anfield". Click it and its someone like Adam Bogdan.

Nonsense time of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,137 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'd have thought he was related to Jose Izquerdo myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,639 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

... purple monkey dishwasher....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

DONE DEAL:

Mats Hummels back to Dortmund.

Was this rumoured? I didn't hear a thing! I know Bayern have moved to add Pavard and Hernandez to their defence so they were likely to shift some players but I thought it was Boateng out the door myself.

Dortmund need some experience judging by how they crumbled as last season went on so might make sense I guess.

DONE DEAL:

Mats Hummels back to Dortmund.

Was this rumoured? I didn't hear a thing! I know Bayern have moved to add Pavard and Hernandez to their defence so they were likely to shift some players but I thought it was Boateng out the door myself.

Dortmund need some experience judging by how they crumbled as last season went on so might make sense I guess.

Heard nothing.

Surprising Bayern have got the same amount of money back that they paid for him, approx £35mil. Arguably the prime years of a footballer too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It was reported last week alright. Was even spoke about in this thread.

• Advertisement

Mats Hummels back to Dortmund form Bayern for €30m according to reports in Germany.
    Thought the reports in Germany were saying €15-20m but sky added on 10-15m.. wouldnt be too bad at the cheaper price but 30m is mad considering he went to Bayern for free
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    It was reported last week alright. Was even spoke about in this thread.

So it was! Missed that but there we go.

Didn't Bayern sign him for free? That's mental he's an absolute shadow of the player he was and casted out of the national team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭This is it

Didn't Bayern sign him for free? That's mental he's an absolute shadow of the player he was and casted out of the national team.

Nah, he cost about €35m according to a few sources so Bayern got the best of him and then their money back when he declined. Not sure how he'll do at BVB, maybe his experience will stand to them next season but Bayern look to be bringing in some talent at the back and will sign replacements for one or both of Robben and Robert, hard to see them finish anywhere but top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Nope. They paid a similar fee to Bvb.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Advertisement
Advertisement