Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pearl jam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

colmufc wrote: »
    Thomond only has 15,200 seats of which about 1,000 would have to be empty with stage position and you can only put 6,000 on the pitch so only about 20,000 for concerts so same as malahide ,now don't get me wrong I'd love it in thomond it's 15mins from where I live and would be awesome but it's not going to happen

Thomond holds over 25,000 between seats and standing...so I cut about 3000 out with my guesstimate... but I'd say in total, with the pitch area, it would hit 25,000

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

Thomond holds over 25,000 between seats and standing...so I cut about 3000 out with my guesstimate... but I'd say in total, with the pitch area, it would hit 25,000

Thomond hold 25,000 including the terrace stands at either end and in front of the seating area , take away all the terrace standing which is never used during concerts and tour left with 15,000 seats max and with fire department regulations for pitch standing the max capacity for a concert is 20,000

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

I hope it is malahide.the marquee is a terrible venue for them or anyone.

I'd give my left bollok to see PJ in the Marquee. The sound in the O2 sucks.

When watching Vedder play there with just a wooden box , all I could think about is how incredible it would be for PJ play such a venue in all their energetic glory.

It could potentially be the greatest gig you've ever witnessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

The energy PJ bring I honestly think location doesn't matter. I've yet to attend a poor PJ gig.
    That said, Milton Keynes was one of the best for me, atmosphere and setlist too.

I'd love to see them anywhere here again.
    Páirc Uí Chaoimh would be fantastic but I don't honestly expect any Irish gig next year.

I'm putting some budget aside (again) for PJ travel in 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Im assuming Malahide is a series of gigs, The Cure playing june 8, George Ezra 21st +Lana del rey 22nd,
    PJ could nestle in sumwhere in the middle or the end of the month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Burty330 wrote: »
    I'd give my left bollok to see PJ in the Marquee. The sound in the O2 sucks.

When watching Vedder play there with just a wooden box , all I could think about is how incredible it would be for PJ play such a venue in all their energetic glory.

It could potentially be the greatest gig you've ever witnessed.

No the greatest gig I've ever witnessed was pj in slane 1993.vedders voice was incredible.im sure it will be brilliant today but it will be nothing like it was then.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Worth a shout i guess?

He got back back to me! :)

He said "it would be nice but the 'news' outlet in question is hardly reputable and while the timing looks right and the venue makes sense, it's unlikely. Unless they're gonna drop a new album in spring and then tour. And there's been no news of them recording at all. I'd say it's unlikely tbh but let's see. They usually announce tours in November/December. Fingers crossed"

Fingers crossed indeed!
    (I'm also trying to convince him to Come Back ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yeah get him back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

The energy PJ bring I honestly think location doesn't matter. I've yet to attend a poor PJ gig.
    That said, Milton Keynes was one of the best for me, atmosphere and setlist too.

I'd love to see them anywhere here again.
    Páirc Uí Chaoimh would be fantastic but I don't honestly expect any Irish gig next year.

I'm putting some budget aside (again) for PJ travel in 2019.

Milton Keynes was fantastic, PJ seem to find an extra gear when they play outdoors. Seen them 10 times indoors, all of which were brilliant but outdoors is something else altogether. Hopefully we get a nice sunny day in Malahide Castle 🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Yeah get him back!

Unfortunately he got himself perma banned - apparently they can track ISPs.. who knew..

Anyway he misses you all too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Vs. is 25 years old today. Still such a great album. Between that and Yield for my favourite PJ album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

The band are celebrating the 25th anniversary of VS by giving a detailed commentary on every song on PJ Radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Pearl Jem are on in the Academy tonight. Great tribute band.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Listening to newstalk on the way home today and someone asked if there is any truth in the rumours that PJ are playing 2 nights in malahide castle.....
    Fingers crossed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

there is no truth, its a twitter rumour which took legs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

The fella who seems to be in the know on the PJ ten club FB page has also created the 2019 tour group...... Doubtful it will come back to Europe but here's hoping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Its hard to care , when they don't seem bothered to come!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

So looks like Eddie will be in Dublin but not a solo show and only 1 night for Ireland and in a "huge venue" in a "beautiful part of the Dublin Suburbs".

Seems like it may be as an opener for The Who like Wembley, which sucks as that was stupid money for decent seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

NothingMan wrote: »
    So looks like Eddie will be in Dublin but not a solo show and only 1 night for Ireland and in a "huge venue" in a "beautiful part of the Dublin Suburbs".

Seems like it may be as an opener for The Who like Wembley, which sucks as that was stupid money for decent seats.

Waste of time for most of us...I want to see Eddie...not The Who...don't feel like paying €95-130 for 45 mins and then leaving....shame though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Waste of time for most of us...I want to see Eddie...not The Who...don't feel like paying €95-130 for 45 mins and then leaving....shame though

yeah very true and non eddie fans will **** all over the performance and talk/shout all the way through it

A guy playing a guitar/ukulele on his own as support in a stadium/large venue just wont work imo

Id go if the ticket prices are low but with the who on the bill i doubt it. As good as it would be too see the who the prices are just not worth it

• Advertisement

tumbleweed-licnsed-2.jpg

Anybody ……. ?

I heard he is playing on Curracloe beach …..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

You heard wrong, it’s actually Courtown Beach!!!

You heard wrong, it’s actually Courtown Beach!!!

ahhh ffs !!!

I have the caravan rented in Curracloe !! …..

:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ah crap I've my tent already up on the Curragh :mad:

My mother rang yesterday and said she was throwing out stuff did i want to have a look before she did.
    I couldn't believe my eyes.

2ignehv.jpg

zumamx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I remember that t-shirt! My first gig!

I have that tshirt !!!

I bought that outside Slane, and one of the official ones inside.

pearl-jam-choices-t-shirt-POP.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

I'd say if there's no release this week, we can forget it for another year

greenspurs wrote: »
    I have that tshirt !!!

I bought that outside Slane, and one of the official ones inside.

pearl-jam-choices-t-shirtP.jpg

I had that one to but i got it some where else.
    What a concert that was.they only played for about 50 mins i think but they just blew everyone away.

I had that one to but i got it some where else.
    What a concert that was.they only played for about 50 mins i think but they just blew everyone away.

It sure was.
    Can still remember it so clearly. I was going on my own to it, but I ended up 'minding' my brother and his friend, (both 12 !! :D ) so I had no drink at all that day.
    I remember us being shown on the big screen, yer wan from 4Non Blondes jumping into the crowd, we started moving towards the front during Van Morrison, but it was Mental in there, so we moved back a bit.....
    The long walk to the bus, and getting home at 6am the next morning.....

And then going to Dublin a few weeks after to buy a bootleg cassette of the gig off the lad that used to be on OConnell Bridge selling them.

Those were the days !! :D

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    It sure was.
    Can still remember it so clearly. I was going on my own to it, but I ended up 'minding' my brother and his friend, (both 12 !! :D ) so I had no drink at all that day.
    I remember us being shown on the big screen, yer wan from 4Non Blondes jumping into the crowd, we started moving towards the front during Van Morrison, but it was Mental in there, so we moved back a bit.....
    The long walk to the bus, and getting home at 6am the next morning.....

And then going to Dublin a few weeks after to buy a bootleg cassette of the gig off the lad that used to be on OConnell Bridge selling them.

Those were the days !! :D

Exact same lol

the weather was great that day to wasn't it?i remember sitting on the bridge in slane drinking cans before it and the sun was beating down.im pretty sure anyway.
    Still have the bootleg somewhere to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

There's a download button on each of the tracks. Download them all and burn!

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    There's a download button on each of the tracks. Download them all and burn!

Doh !! :D

Cheers ……. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Happy Friday! July 3rd in the 3Arena.

Fingers crossed for a mammoth set like last time!

https://twitter.com/PearlJam/status/1106480154006585344

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Happy Friday! July 3rd in the 3Arena.

Fingers crossed for a mammoth set like last time!

https://twitter.com/PearlJam/status/1106480154006585344

https://twitter.com/PearlJam

its actually true - deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Got my ticket through 10C.... chuffed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Could any anybody recommend a good book on Pearl Jam that you've read.

• Advertisement

Pearl jam 20 is the definitive one but its hard back and its pricey.
    Pearl jam story by kim neely isnt bad and also five against one.
    First one is the best imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

There is a book about a guy following them around on a tour, read it a few years ago - its grand:

This All Encompassing Trip

What was this?video is no longer available due to copyright etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

What was this?video is no longer available due to copyright etc

I'd imagine it's a video of Eddie Vedder singing Seasons on his latest tour.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Penfailed wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's a video of Eddie Vedder singing Seasons on his latest tour.

Ah yes i saw it.thanks.it didn't take long for them to take it down.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Start saving.

Album before Christmas and tour dates possibly as early as October.
    No info on dates or venues as of yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Start saving.

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Source?

There's definitely something in the pipeline according to Dimi...he's a fella that seems to have an inside line.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Start saving.

October 2019 or 2020?

Start saving.

Yea whats the source where are you hearing this.i googled the ****e out of this and nothing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement