Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know More About Your Elves - #6 Baby and Crumble

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Do you own a cheesehead hat? (for the Packers game) :D

NO! I don't. I'd love one though. I have a Clay Matthews lego man, a few t-shirts, a couple of hats and a Mathews jersey.

Gonna have to get me a new one for this season since he's now with the Rams :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

seeing the Greenbay Packers play a home game at Lambeau Field (American football) is a BIG one.

Nooooooo!!!

Dez caught it BTW!!!;)

Ah no, great to see theres a few American Football fans in here (even if ye do all follow the wrong teams :D ) No pats fans though, thankfully.

Do you watch the games?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Ultimate comfort food/movie/song?

First celebrity crush?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Nooooooo!!!

Dez caught it BTW!!!;)

Ah no, great to see theres a few American Football fans in here (even if ye do all follow the wrong teams :D ) No pats fans though, thankfully.

Do you watch the games?

And Dallas is the right team?!?! :p

Shows the popularity of the game in Ireland that is a smallish group of random people that so many of us follow it.

Agree about the Pats fan, have two friends that are and they are insufferable.

DvB wrote: »
    Nooooooo!!!

Dez caught it BTW!!!;)

Do you watch the games?

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!! :pac::pac:

Oh God Pats fans. Give me strength!

Yeah, I watch every packers game live (except the night games for obvious reasons. I will watch any Thursday night games live, I don't work Fridays. I have a subscription to NFL Gamepass, I watch a lot of that programming. RedZone is great when games are blocked out too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Who is your biggest inspiration?

Caranica wrote: »
    Ultimate comfort food/movie/song?

Comfort food: Mashed potatoes. With real butter. I could genuinely eat bowls of it on it's own - and have done. Hence my faaaaabulous figure. :D

Comfort movie: Honestly, I think it's either the Disney animated Robin Hood from the 70's or The Holiday!

Comfort song: I don't know if I have a 'comfort song' but if I'm feeling a bit mopey I'll put on a playlist I've been adding to for like, a decade or more called "One Bar Fire". It's a silly thing, my Mam used to talk about when she was a teenager, having a little one bar electric fire in her room, and when was feeling all moody she'd just listen to records in her room with the fire on for atmosphere - I used to do something really similar without realising when I was a dramatic youngster :p Then that kinda morphed into a running joke between us of 'oh, that's a real "one bar fire" song!' So now I put them on and it's nice.
    Caranica wrote: »
    First celebrity crush?

This is quite embarrassing but honest to god it was Jessica Rabbit, from "who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Honestly, but if you saw my wife now it all makes sense! :pac::pac::pac:

kitten_k wrote: »
    Who is your biggest inspiration?

Oh man. That's a really difficult question. Different people inspire me in different ways really.

The biggest is probably my Mum - she was one of my best friends when she was alive and everything I do and how I act is informed by how she would have done it. She always taught me to be kind, look for the best in people and just do what you can to help. Sometimes that means people think you're a bit of a pushover but I'd rather be a pushover and help one person than be an asshole and cause people problems.

It's also not 'one person' but the gay rights activists who came before me are a huge sense of inspiration too. This year is the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots which really started the movement (at least in Western society) and last year was the 25th anniversary of decriminalisation of homosexuality here in Ireland. I owe my identity and being able to be me to them putting their lives at risk. If I had been born a few years earlier here in Ireland then I would have lived my teeenaged years under the knowledge that who I was was essentially 'illegal' (although no women were really under the confines of that law but that's an aside). It was bad enough growing up thinking I was a freak never mind illegal.

Jesus I talk too much. :o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I love the smell of a forest after it's rained. Especially when it's been really warm and when the greenery gets wet it lets off like an ozone kinda smell (maybe it is ozone, I dunno).
    Comfort movie: Honestly, I think it's either the Disney animated Robin Hood from the 70's or The Holiday!

I don't know how I missed this thread :eek: but based on the above two answers, I think we could be soulmates :P Is there any smell better than after rain? It's my favourite! And I also love Robin Hood - I have a RH & MM decoration for the Christmas Tree - it's one of my favourite ornaments! :D

Advertisement