Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Ultimate Flags of the World Tournament

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Greece. Azerbaijan has too much going on and Estonia is just like some weird Dublin kit.

Greece, for the pretty blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just like Euro 2004, Greece could be a dark horse entry maybe. Here's another cult fave coming up now.
    Seychelles

se-flag.gif

VS

Fiji

fj-flag.gif

VS

Bulgaria

bu-flag.gif

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Seychelles. It's like the Romanian and Hungarian flags rolled into one.

Seychelles, reminds me of a prism rainbow.

• Advertisement

Greece cos of the lovely shade of blue.

Seychelles cos it's party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Seychelles

****s on the other 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Seychelles. That's actually amazing, never seen it before.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Seychelles. You have to admire a nation that allows their national flag be designed by someone in junior infants

A 5-0-0 hammering. A contender for sure. Next up... some countries you've prob never even heard of.
    Eritrea

er-flag.gif

VS

Equatorial Guinea

ek-flag.gif

VS

Guyana

gy-flag.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭Degag

Seychelles. Just end the tournament now. Nut best flag i've ever seen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Equatorial Guinea because I like the tree

Seychelles. Guyana. Just end the tournament now. Nut best flag i've ever seen

Guyana - more alluring than the others.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Some cool ones here, I'll go with Guyana for the geometry and colour

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

That's an interesting mix. They're all good; I'm going to go with Eritrea cos none deserves a whitewash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Guyana - that's a lovely flag.

Estonia in the previous group, striking and a bit different to other European flags

And Seychelles in the other group, again a lovely flag.

Equatorial Guinea, pretty.

Has anyone pointed out that realistically this tournament is a foregone conclusion?

I mean who can really vote against the Irish flag and look themselves in the mirror? Barring the non-Irish of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,624 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

All three flags there are pretty decent, but I'd have to go for Guyana: the colour scheme is striking and the triangles look really serious, despite their dayglo hues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Eritrea is the prettiest of those.

Equatorial Guinea's decision to put a border around each triangle hints to a lack of confidence in their choices.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Eritrea is the prettiest of those.

Equatorial Guinea's decision to put a border around each triangle hints to a lack of confidence in their choices.

That would be Guyana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Degag wrote: »
    Has anyone pointed out that realistically this tournament is a foregone conclusion?

I mean who can really vote against the Irish flag and look themselves in the mirror? Barring the non-Irish of course.

OK I'm going to come out and say it - beyond a natural affinity to our own flag and memories of Italia 90 etc. the Irish flag is a bit meh...just a reworked French tricolore, one third of which represents a community who reject the flag. There are at least 50 national flags out there that are nicer than ours unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,624 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

OK I'm going to come out and say it - beyond a natural affinity to our own flag and memories of Italia 90 etc. the Irish flag is a bit meh...just a reworked French tricolore, one third of which represents a community who reject the flag. There are at least 50 national flags out there that are nicer than ours unfortunately.

I agree with you completely - but how bloody well dare you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Hey, if it weren't for the prods, our flag would just be Libya's old one. We've a lot to be thankful for!

It’s Guyana that smashes through. I’ll pick this up again tomorrow and we see some more fantastic flags :)

Another great fun thread idea, OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Guyana, the black in between the red and yellow really makes it look well. Always enjoy these threads, hopefully continues tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Yester

Guyana. It reminds me of Star Trek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

How did I not see this thread?!!!!!!!

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement