Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitbit charge 4 €120

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

ruddy1987 wrote: »

Is this site legit? Comes to €128 incl delivery

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

It's fine. It's from a group scheme discount page. The same offer is offered on my work group scheme at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

Seems to be a legit operation:

"The wellbeingpromo.com site is provided, and Fitbit Products are sold and supplied through it, by CMS Distribution, whose address, for business conducted through the wellbeingpromo.com site, is Ref CMS Distribution, 2nd Floor, 15 Worship Street, London, EC2A 2DT"

Accounts are published and up to date. They made about £5M in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

There seems to be a longer than usual lead time on fitness products and trackers at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Hideki99235

Not the greatest reviews...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Not the greatest reviews...

Better off with a versa 2. It only has GPS built in to make it appeal to the runners/cyclists who don’t want a phone with them etc. Garmin are miles ahead anyway, watches beat Fitbit everyday of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

CWF wrote: »

Some health insurance companies will give you 60 euro back on fitness wearables

https://www.irishlifehealth.ie/blog/guide-to-buying-wearables

Some health insurance companies will give you 50 euro back on fitness wearables

https://www.irishlifehealth.ie/blog/guide-to-buying-wearables

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭garyfleming7

Would you wear a Garmin all day/night or are they only suitable for runs?

Is this Fitbit 4 good for running?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭cletus

Would you wear a Garmin all day/night or are they only suitable for runs?

Is this Fitbit 4 good for running?

I wear my Garmin all the time. It's my day to day watch as well as training tracker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,014 ✭✭✭✭event

I only take my garmin off to charge it, stays on all other times

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭garyfleming7

OmegaGene wrote: »
    why would you take off a health tracker ? it monitors sleep etc not just running

It is more just the size of a Garmin watch. Lots of health trackers and smart watches are very clunky and hard to sleep with on your arm from reading reviews.

I have a Fitbit HR 3 and it is grand for sleeping with, was just wondering if Garmins were ok too?

Thinking of upgrading so between a Fitbit 4 and Garmin as I do some running.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

It is more just the size of a Garmin watch. Lots of health trackers and smart watches are very clunky and hard to sleep with on your arm from reading reviews.

I have a Fitbit HR 3 and it is grand for sleeping with, was just wondering if Garmins were ok too?

Thinking of upgrading so between a Fitbit 4 and Garmin as I do some running.

I have a Garmin 235. Great for running stats. Worn pretty much continuously, except for charging, for about the last 3 months. it's pretty comfortable to wear - noticeable but comparable to wearing a chunky watch all the time. For me it's still occasionally noticeable at night. Takes a little getting used to but not an issue.

This is down to €116 including delivery now!! Mine arrived today and I paid €128 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

This is down to €116 including delivery now!! Mine arrived today and I paid €128 :(

I paid the €128 as well! Should have waited haha. How long did it take for you to receive yours? I ordered mine 3 days ago but haven’t had a dispatch notice or anything.

I paid the €128 as well! Should have waited haha. How long did it take for you to receive yours? I ordered mine 3 days ago but haven’t had a dispatch notice or anything.

I know!! Placed order 17th May @ 2pm. I emailed them on Tuesday to see where it was they said it was in the DPD hub in Athlone. Maybe drop them a mail it might speed it up

I know!! Placed order 17th May @ 2pm. I emailed them on Tuesday to see where it was they said it was in the DPD hub in Athlone. Maybe drop them a mail it might speed it up

Thanks for the tip :) I’d be delighted to get it as quickly as you did!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

I'm in the market for watch to track fitness. (First time user)

decent review here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vBbS1A6Ndo

[url]Https://wrkit-ie.wellbeingpromo.com/fitness-trackers/fitbit-charge4[/url]

its €110 now...... That's if I'm looking at the right watch

dennispenn wrote: »
    [url]Https://wrkit-ie.wellbeingpromo.com/fitness-trackers/fitbit-charge4[/url]

its €110 now...... That's if I'm looking at the right watch

Yeah but add on delivery brings it to €116 I think.

I got watch today, v happy with it so far, took it out for a 30 min jog really like it. You wouldn't even know you're wearing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

I bought my wife Fitbit charge 2, countless problems with straps. Talking to two friends yesterday and their Fitbit were replaced and now acting up.

I’d go with another type. Garmin etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

ruddy1987 wrote: »

Thanks a lot Ruddy, great pricing ordered two items.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I’ve had a charge 3 for a year and I am about to send it back for replacement for the 4th time, they are not a well made product at all and as you say garmin are much better and I have one on order
    Best thing about Fitbit is they honour the warranty but I wouldn’t buy another

I bought the charge 3 for my OH and honestly it's one of the worst purchases I've ever made. Absolutely terrible at tracking activities. Garmin is far superior. Will never buy another Fitbit product.

I bought the charge 3 for my OH and honestly it's one of the worst purchases I've ever made. Absolutely terrible at tracking activities. Garmin is far superior. Will never buy another Fitbit product.

What differences did you notice?

this comment has turned me off the fitbit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

Had and have a couple of both, both decent, Fitbit phone app is better

They really are poorly made, I was using mine daily for swimming/gym/running etc and they just gave up the ghost every time
    They are okay for a starter fitness’s tracker for someone just to get the motivation going maybe, my last one is back at the factory getting checked over before they issue a replacement and I will be selling it straight away.
    Really. I’ve had the Fitbit 2 for years without a problem. Use it to track my runs and cycles. Generally eulogy cycles 300km a week and run about 20km. aswell as using it for standard use.

This is my second Fitbit and I've had my last one for 4 years, never had an issue. Maybe I've just been lucky?

Still waiting for this one though, hope it comes today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I had the first Charge HR and it worked very well, had it 3 - 4 years before it stopped working. Replaced it with a Charge 3 this year and not at all impressed with it. UI is worse than the old one, screen isn't particularly responsive and it doesn't seem to track consistently. An example is this morning I went for a run,walked for 10 mins and ran for 33 mins, but when I got home it only tracked 27 mins in total.

My wife also bought one around same time as me and hers has constant connection issues with her phone; a 2019 OnePlus running the latest version of Android. Fitbit support weren't of any use when she contacted them.

While the app is good, based on our joint experiences of recent models, I'd find it hard to recommend a Fitbit Charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Ive a Fitbit charge 3 over a year now with zero issues and Ive worn it during football, training etc. Have it on all the time.

Only thing I wish it had was the built in GPS.

Advertisement