Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNA Analysis

Options
  • 25-06-2017 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

So I've recently stated my family tree on onefam.com, the software is free and really good. Im wondering about their DNA test, its €139.

I've done a lot of research comparing different product. I see OneFam has linked with DDC and has a much larger database than ancestry and therefore, I suspect more accurate results. Especially as ancestry are late in the game, although have pumped a lot of money into advertising. OneFam has also some good reviews on Amazon.com and .co.uk.

Has anyone used OneFam's Ancestry DNA test?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BottleOfSmoke

tommyirl wrote: »
    So I've recently stated my family tree on onefam.com, the software is free and really good. Im wondering about their DNA test, its €139.

I've done a lot of research comparing different product. I see OneFam has linked with DDC and has a much larger database than ancestry and therefore, I suspect more accurate results. Especially as ancestry are late in the game, although have pumped a lot of money into advertising. OneFam has also some good reviews on Amazon.com and .co.uk.

Has anyone used OneFam's Ancestry DNA test?

I'm interested in your research comparing the OneFam database to Ancestry.
    I see from their website they have 3 million customers. Ancestry claims 4 million as of April 2017. So it doesn't look like they have a much larger database.

Ah come on - just read their about page - they were founded in 2016 in Dublin from a "humble kitchen table". Yet you say that Ancestry are "late in the game"?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Ah come on - just read their about page - they were founded in 2016 in Dublin from a "humble kitchen table". Yet you say that Ancestry are "late in the game"?

They also haven't bothered to proof read their story.
    Genealogy is all about attention to detail and the lack thereof does not bode well.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Please don't create separate threads for this discussion. We already have a DNA thread.

Also, if you are posting in that thread about this new company, please provide links to back up your claim. Ancestry has 4 million people in its database. OneFam's website doesn't look quite right - they've no genealogists on their "team" and several of the links don't work.

Genealogy Forum Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement