Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show-Friday 23rd October 2020

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SeedySam22

Erin Burnett, Megyn Kelly or Sharon Ní Bheoláin, not sure who would be best at telling me bad news :D

For Bad News you can't beat Eileen Dunne:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

SeedySam22 wrote: »
    For Bad News you can't beat Eileen Dunne:eek::eek::eek:

Eileen Dunne has been telling me bad news for 30 years but I'd hardly recognise her in a bar, that's scary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Danno wrote: »
    And ladys and gentlemen, thats the last time Megan Kelly will be on Tub's Late Late.
    The interview will even be wiped from RTE1 player....;)
    Excellent journalist to listen to. She is certainly one of a dying breed.
    Calls it as it is. If only we had similar people here.

washman3 wrote: »
    The interview will even be wiped from RTE1 player....;)
    Excellent journalist to listen to. She is certainly one of a dying breed.
    Calls it as it is. If only we had similar people here.

She tells it as certain Americans see it, she didn't get to a 25 million a year job in Fox news by being a ''truth teller''.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Woah, I didn't know that. Very sorry to hear.

Animals who do that should be absolutely hammered by the law.
    Skid X wrote: »
    I must have missed that one, hope you are alright now sligojoek

Horrible thing to go through

I'm grand, Not a bother but I'd a pain in the back of my head for 3 weeks.

I'd just collected an old friend who'd flown over from the England to Knock. Dropped off the car and went for a few pints . I got a phonecall and went out to take it in peace. I was standing with my back to the wall chatting away when I noticed a dodgy looking lad approaching me. I looked down and avoided eye contact. Next thing I got a thump into the face with full force. The back of my head took an awful bang off the wall behind me.

My friend , an experienced police officer kept him in the one place till the cops arrived. I never heard another thing till i saw the case in the paper where he was charged with drunk n disorderly sort of stuff and got a slap om the wrist. One line from the Garda evidence went, "There were no members of the public harmed" I have the clipping. I was ready to ring Joe Duffy.

I found out later that I was better off not going to court as that particular family have a penchant for burning peoples' cars.

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'm grand, Not a bother but I'd a pain in the back of my head for 3 weeks.

I'd just collected an old friend who'd flown over from the England to Knock. Dropped off the car and went for a few pints . I got a phonecall and went out to take it in peace. I was standing with my back to the wall chatting away when I noticed a dodgy looking lad approaching me. I looked down and avoided eye contact. Next thing I got a thump into the face with full force. The back of my head took an awful bang off the wall behind me.

My friend , an experienced police officer kept him in the one place till the cops arrived. I never heard another thing till i saw the case in the paper where he was charged with drunk n disorderly sort of stuff and got a slap om the wrist. One line from the Garda evidence went, "There were no members of the public harmed" I have the clipping. I was ready to ring Joe Duffy.

I found out later that I was better off not going to court as that particular family have a penchant for burning peoples' cars.

Glad to hear your ok. I was on holidays in Canaries one time and I got punched unprovoked on a night out, one minute I was talking to this(local) fella very civilly and then next moment felt a thud on my head, I was fine went home and had a bruise next day but it shows that these kind of attacks do happen and in some cases with serious consequences, tbh I felt a bit wary about going out and talking to strangers for a while after that but my best advice is to not let it put you off going out or being social. These things happens, often for no reason at all..

Eileen Dunne has been telling me bad news for 30 years but I'd hardly recognise her in a bar, that's scary

Eileen Dunne was probably missing her shovels of makeup :D

SeedySam22 wrote: »
    Eileen Dunne was probably missing her shovels of makeup :D

My hunting days are thankfully behind me but I was the best out of any of my mates of sizing up a woman..Eileen would fall into the category of putting out a respectful image yet dying for the Roide…..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Glad to hear your ok. I was on holidays in Canaries one time and I got punched unprovoked on a night out, one minute I was talking to this(local) fella very civilly and then next moment felt a thud on my head, I was fine went home and had a bruise next day but it shows that these kind of attacks do happen and in some cases with serious consequences, tbh I felt a bit wary about going out and talking to strangers for a while after that but my best advice is to not let it put you off going out or being social. These things happens, often for no reason at all..

Wrong place at the wrong time.

This lad had thrown a bottle at an off licence attendant and busted a few car mirrors before he got to me. My friend, the UK cop, kept him chatting like they were old mates till the Guards arrived, quickly in fairness to them.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Wrong place at the wrong time.

This lad had thrown a bottle at an off licence attendant and busted a few car mirrors before he got to me. My friend, the UK cop, kept him chatting like they were old mates till the Guards arrived, quickly in fairness to them.

Put it down to a lucky escape and that you weren't more seriously hurt. Generally the cops will do ****all unless your in hospital on a ventilator, I was spiked also one time on a night out, good thing I had a friend near me who told me to throw up, otherwise I could have been dragged away and raped or ended up in hospital or even dead

• Advertisement

My hunting days are thankfully behind me but I was the best out of any of my mates of sizing up a woman..Eileen would fall into the category of putting out a respectful image yet dying for the Roide…..

You've given me a new image of Eileen Dunne. I might even be able to watch the news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I would have said that of Anne Doyle, but marching triumphantly along with the "roide" would be endless craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Akabusi wrote: »
    He really should have been a priest. Cut out for one.

He has that faux sincerity allright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ok boomer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Danno wrote: »
    Where does Tubridy find the time to read all these books?

Every second interviewee has a book to sell, and he must have read them all, because they're all great!

He doesn’t read them.

He reads the back cover or possibly a pr 1 page blurb

That’s his “secret”

Advertisement