Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bought a car issue

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Carzone use automated data, (I think from Jato) on their ads. It may have been added as a feature using data from the reg number.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Carzone use automated data, (I think from Jato) on their ads. It may have been added as a feature using data from the reg number.

Even so, surely the dealer is responsible for proof reading the add

Carzone have covered themselves for this in the terms and conditions anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Other option is you just hand the car back to the dealer for a full refund on the basis it's not what was advertised.

seagull wrote: »
    Other option is you just hand the car back to the dealer for a full refund on the basis it's not what was advertised.

Not too sure that would work, my car would probably just sit in their yard with them refusing to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

The only reason you'd go to small claims is if you want to return the car. Anything you do will cost more than if you pay for BT yourself. But i get it, its the principal. Maybe will have to chalk it up to a bad experience and leave them a bad review(factual).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,559 ✭✭✭✭L1011

CD2020! wrote: »
    The only reason you'd go to small claims is if you want to return the car. Anything you do will cost more than if you pay for BT yourself. But i get it, its the principal. Maybe will have to chalk it up to a bad experience and leave them a bad review(factual).

Small Claims is entirely valid for looking for the cost of the non-supplied kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

L1011 wrote: »
    Small Claims is entirely valid for looking for the cost of the non-supplied kit.

as per my full reply- I meant in the context of cost.

CD2020! wrote: »
    as per my full reply- I meant in the context of cost.

Small Claims costs 25 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Not too sure that would work, my car would probably just sit in their yard with them refusing to pay

Give them a call and ask them. If they agree, you're sorted. If not, you carry on with small claims.

seagull wrote: »
    Give them a call and ask them. If they agree, you're sorted. If not, you carry on with small claims.

Issue seems to sorted.
    Contacted Simi and they contacted the garage with my issue. Dealership said they knew nothing about it and said they wouldn't have a problem covering the costs.
    Just waiting for them to send out a cheque

Did the cheque arrive in the meantime?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Did the cheque arrive in the meantime?

Yep all sorted

Great stuff, nice to see these things work out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭cml387

It seems to be an article of faith on Boards that SIMI are of no help in consumer issues with garages. The OP's experience would seem to contradict that.

• Advertisement

I know of one person who got a positive outcome from the SIMI procedure; but plenty that got nothing - odd exceptions to rules exist.

Advertisement