Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning or Evening shower

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Much like my own farts are bearable because they’re mine but I can’t bear anyone else’s even those closest to me..

Haha yes, the perennial fart conundrum :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Where the fuk do you work? A 1950's Soviet car factory?

Yes because that’s possible 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Absolute nonsense. Daily showering isn’t even necessary in order to not “stink”

Was guessing you would be all over this thread:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I don’t mind the smell of fresh sweat on someone. Obviously it’s not very nice but if you know they’ve been doing some heavy lifting and they’ll shower later, that’s grand and doesn’t bother me.

It’s the dried in, weeks old stale sweat smell that makes me gag. In this case it’s not whether these people shower every morning or evening, more of a case if they shower at all. You can skip daily showers and still smell fresh if you wear clean clothes daily and wash your pits and bits.

On that note- the smell I get most frequently on people isn’t bad sweat stink, but that musty damp clothes smell from people who clearly don’t know how to use a washing machine, leave their clothes in the drum too long or don’t air their clothes properly. That smell goes down to my throat. Safe to say you’ll never smell fresh no matter how often you shower if you have musty damp clothes on.

Personally I shower every evening and wash my hair every third day. I’ve only ever been complimented on my aromas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Morning shower. Straight after my workout at home. Then breakfast.

• Advertisement

Every evening, pointless showering in the morning as I'm a manual labourer.

Doen't ever use the bath because I think it's just sitting in the dirty water which kind of defeats the purpose of washing to get clean.

I used to work with a lad years ago and the smell of sweat would knock you out but I kind of felt bad for him because it was so overpowering I think he must have had some kind of medical problem with his sweat glands or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

I grew up in a family of every-other-day showerers. No issue with odour. And it’s not like I wouldn’t notice it just because they’re related. Anyone who isn’t me, I’ll notice if they smell. Much like my own farts are bearable because they’re mine but I can’t bear anyone else’s even those closest to me. I suspect people who say that one will stink if they only shower alternate days hasn’t really tested that theory and is just making assumptions. There are circumstances where daily showering needs to occur - in hot weather or if you do exercise every single day. But other than that - nah, not necessary.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Evening. I like to shower either just before I hop into bed, or an hour or so beforehand if I'm washing my hair, which I do every 2/3 days. I'd rather have the extra few minutes in the bed in the morning. I'm not a terribly sweaty person and I use deodorant after my shower and also the following morning, so I don't have a problem with BO.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Shower every morning.

Go to the gym during the day - another shower.

If it's a hot day at work, another shower in the evening.

When I visit the in laws and there's generally lots of people using the one and only bathroom, all the hot water is used up very quickly. No shower...feel rank for the day then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Neames wrote: »
    Shower every morning.

Go to the gym during the day - another shower.

If it's a hot day at work, another shower in the evening.

When I visit the in laws and there's generally lots of people using the one and only bathroom, all the hot water is used up very quickly. No shower...feel rank for the day then.

i'd rather a cold shower than none

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

bluewolf wrote: »

A cold shower is fine - it just takes a bit of self-discipline. It's hell if you keep jumping in and out. Dive right in and swear loudly and constantly for the first twenty or thirty seconds and you'll be grand.

I'm a morning showerer. An evening shower would give me an extra few minutes in bed, but a morning one helps me wake up.

Showering everyday for the sake of it is just because people are conditioned to think it’s necessary, sheep mentality. If you need a shower because you are actually dirty that’s different but showing because that’s what people do is just silly really. In the normal course of your day you don’t smell because you haven’t had a shower for a few days (not everyone exercise as a normal part of their day before that is pointed out).

I don’t have a girlfriend btw, I have a wife.

Sorry but if you are only showering 3 times a week then that's unhygienic.
    Even sitting on the couch all day parts of you will get sweaty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I find a shower first thing helps to wake me up, having said that a bath before bed will help me to sleep better but I couldn't go out in the morning without showering.

I used to work with a lad years ago and the smell of sweat would knock you out but I kind of felt bad for him because it was so overpowering I think he must have had some kind of medical problem with his sweat glands or something.

Prince Andrew?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Greyfox

bluewolf wrote: »

Id rather stand on a plug while in my bare feet than take a cold shower

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

bubblypop wrote: »
    Sorry but if you are only showering 3 times a week then that's unhygienic.
    Even sitting on the couch all day parts of you will get sweaty.

He's been told that before. Thinks he is fine because he can't smell himself and that everyone else are the crazy ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭lozenges

Evening shower for me. I usually have to be up fairly early for work and also I hate going into work with wet hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Ferm001

The 3 S's (Shower, Shave, & Sh*te) first thing sets me up for the day. Also hard to beat another S before these if she's in the humour ☺.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

I remember before a lad arguing that there's no need for a shower every day, once every few days is grand, and there was genuinely a faint waft of stale piss off him.

Personally I shower in the morning, can't face work without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

An nice evening shower for me as I'm normally sweaty after a day's work. I'm normally up at 5.30am so I'm way too groggy and sleepy to want to step into a shower at that time of morning. A blast of cold water on my face and hair is enough for me in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Morning for me. I sweat a lot in bed. Worse, if your rubbing up against a woman.

I admire evening showerers. How can you go fresh to work the next day. What's your secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

dsurly everyone here washing everyday isnt putting on new clean clothes everyday. if not then your putting the dirt back on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Why would you have a shower in the morning after having one in the evening? Madeness! I’d shower about 3 times across the 7 days of the week on average.

Every other day here, other half the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Ahh wash mahself with a raag on a stick....

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Every other day here, other half the same

Alternate days, or à deux? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

dsurly everyone here washing everyday isnt putting on new clean clothes everyday. if not then your putting the dirt back on

What's... wrong with putting clean clothes (i.e. clothes that come into contact with parts of your body that are more prone to sweat, etc) on every day?

Don't most people do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Borg Cube wrote: »
    A nice icy cold shower is the only way to start the day.

A borg would say that...

Prince Andrew?

Thought he had the opposite problem according to himself that he didn't sweat at all.

Although I'd say he's sweating a bit these days all right ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

Each person is different I'd imagine. Someone who sweats more will need to shower more.

I know someone who showers about 4-5 times a week and I've never noticed a smell of them in my life.

If you want to shower daily, good on ya, go for it but to say everyone has to is ridiculous and quite arrogant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Morning. My god morning... I set out with the intention of a simple shower. I put the plug in you know; to warm up my feet. Get the circulation going - it starts to fill up and before I know it I’m submerged a fully fledged bath

Advertisement