Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

G adventures

• 20-02-2020 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hello,
    Am thinking of doing a 15 days Balkans Croatia trip wtih G adventures, its pricey enough at €2000, but includes all accommodtion and transfers. Anybody gone with them as a solo traveller?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

I have travelled with them in Peru and in India. They are a great company and everything is well planned. As a solo traveller I enjoyed the group aspect. I always added a couple of days on before or after the trip to do my own thing too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Booked my second one just this week. It will cost you a bit more than planning it all yourself but everything is organized for you so you get lots more done. There’s a nice mix of organized activities and free time to do what you want too.
    My only criticism is that the accommodation is fine but on the basic side, I had no complaints about anywhere I stayed at all but it might be good to have the option to stay somewhere a bit nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭bridest

Gael23 wrote: »
    Booked my second one just this week. It will cost you a bit more than planning it all yourself but everything is organized for you so you get lots more done. There’s a nice mix of organized activities and free time to do what you want too.
    My only criticism is that the accommodation is fine but on the basic side, I had no complaints about anywhere I stayed at all but it might be good to have the option to stay somewhere a bit nicer
    Sounds good, yeah I'd like to do all the places they visit but could imagine it would be lots of work organising it on my own. What kind of age range is in the groups?

I am looking at these organized trips for a solo tour also, but different places.
    I know the Balkans very well so I suppose I would be happy enough travelling there on my own.
    I guess it depends what you want, if you want some people to travel with so you're not alone, go for it. I will do that for Egypt or Jordan I think.
    If you fancy going totally alone, I could give you a few tips, I'm sure others could here too.
    But totally depends on what you want. I understand, I could go alone to Jordan or Egypt, bit this time I would like a group & organised for me!

The Balkans can be very cheap

bridest wrote: »
    Sounds good, yeah I'd like to do all the places they visit but could imagine it would be lots of work organising it on my own. What kind of age range is in the groups?

We had from 20 to 60 on our Peru trip. We had one daughter and mother and also one daughter and father. We also had a mix of nationalities. You can upgrade for your own room but I shared on both trips with no issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

bridest wrote: »

There are various types of tours, most are open to any age but I do the 18 to 30s ones so everyone is under 40. I’m 29 so they will all be around my own age roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Slumberland

I’m glad I came across this thread. I have never done a solo trip before but would like to do one as part of an organised group for my first time. Any advices with regard to companies to use or destinations to go to or costs/ equipment would be well received. I’m open to all destinations

I’m glad I came across this thread. I have never done a solo trip before but would like to do one as part of an organised group for my first time. Any advices with regard to companies to use or destinations to go to or costs/ equipment would be well received. I’m open to all destinations

My first organised solo trip was to India and Nepal. I had travelled a lot alone before that but didn’t feel 100% doing India alone and felt it would take a lot of organising to do it alone safely. I would highly recommend this trip. We saw so much and the guide was great. Quality of accommodation was good and eating out was cheap. I went with G adventures but booked it via a teaching organisation as teachers get a small discount and everybody on the trip were teacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Del007

Another option for you would be to stay in hostels on your trip. Most hostels organise day tours which you could do. You'd also meet people that way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I’ve done 2 solo trips with them.
    Golden Triangle in India
    Cambodia on a shoestring

Very well organised.

• Advertisement

I often use their itinerary as a base of what to see and in what order is best! Makes self organising easier as they have done all the hard work

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭bridest

edeldonlon wrote: »
    I often use their itinerary as a base of what to see and in what order is best! Makes self organising easier as they have done all the hard work

Thinking if I do Balkans and Croatia might just organise it myself, otherwise might do the Croatia to greece trip with them. However, thinking the 18 to 30s might be too boozy, not a big drinker. Anyway, let's see how the coronovirus plays out in the next week or 2!!

Advertisement