Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this composite door adjust to the frame?

Options
  • 13-02-2020 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I have attached my composite front door and it is perfectly sealed around the entire door frame except the bottom right which I highlighted, and I can see that's where the door sort of protrudes out past the frame by a mil or 2 compared to the rest of it. Is there any adjustment I can make to bring it more in line like the rest of the door?

Also the seal is in perfect condition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

stamjoe wrote: »
    I have attached my composite front door and it is perfectly sealed around the entire door frame except the bottom right which I highlighted, and I can see that's where the door sort of protrudes out past the frame by a mil or 2 compared to the rest of it. Is there any adjustment I can make to bring it more in line like the rest of the door?

Also the seal is in perfect condition.

It is probably the bottom hinge has gone faulty.try switching the middle hinge for the bottom hinge and see if that fixes the problem.if it does then you need a new hinge

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Might be under warranty?

I would guess that the door is hitting off the skirting board on the bit of wall at the side there and this is putting pressure on the bottom hinge when the door is fully opened

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

Swapped around the 4th hinge with the 2nd, exactly the same, it's just the bottom is like a few mm past the frame down the bottom right where as everywhere else it is flush with the frame evenly the whole way round.

It's actually a wooden door might I add

Swapped around the 4th hinge with the 2nd, exactly the same, it's just the bottom is like a few mm past the frame down the bottom right where as everywhere else it is flush with the frame evenly the whole way round.

It's actually a wooden door might I add
    How long is the door in

Nearly 3 years been really like this all a long, Munster Joinery were in near the start and said it was normal but obviously not. How would it even be rectified I wonder

• Advertisement

Nearly 3 years been really like this all a long, Munster Joinery were in near the start and said it was normal but obviously not. How would it even be rectified I wonder

Hmmm have you put a level on the door is it off square

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Who2

Put a straight edge down the door and then one down the frame. Either one or the other is in wind. If it’s the frame it’s actually an easier fix than the door. If it’s the door you can try moving and pulling in the hinge, it’s not ideal but it’s probably one of your only options. There is a larger seal can be put onto the frame too which may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Got a composit door fit a couple of years ago...The fitters told me if it starts to catch...Leave it and call them. It can sometimes needs to be readjusted...We've yet to have an issue, but my SIL got hers installed around the same time and had a couple of issues but all fixed just by adjusting the hinges

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Got a composit door fit a couple of years ago...The fitters told me if it starts to catch...Leave it and call them. It can sometimes needs to be readjusted...We've yet to have an issue, but my SIL got hers installed around the same time and had a couple of issues but all fixed just by adjusting the hinges

A composite door is hung using a different hinge with a completely separate adjustment on them.

Who2 wrote: »
    Put a straight edge down the door and then one down the frame. Either one or the other is in wind. If it’s the frame it’s actually an easier fix than the door. If it’s the door you can try moving and pulling in the hinge, it’s not ideal but it’s probably one of your only options. There is a larger seal can be put onto the frame too which may help.

It's the bottom of the frame that's not square

• Advertisement

Have you confirmed that the frame is definitely off square.if so time to ring the company who fitted the door as it will have to be square,d up or won't seal

Im not saying it’s impossible but unlikely with that frame it’s a Mj door but very highly unlikely that the frames off square due to the way they are made. When you say off square are you talking about being 90’ to the threshold on the in out section or square from the threshold looking in from face. Or is it just the margin between the door and frame is not parallel?

Advertisement