Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Incredible Landscape photography

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I was looking for the Photography.

It's hidden there in the Graphic Art somewhere.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there are one or two there not overcooked though; the one of the salt works is great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Yes that one is good.

I just have the weird belief that Landscapes should appear in nature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

How many could be composite images ?

Looks like a lot of blended images - plenty of stacking, which isn’t what is regarded as photography, in my opinion.

If you are using a number of different frames to create an overall picture, you are not taking a picture - and this for me is one of the differences between photography and art. Yes, great images are created but they are not captured.

A photograph is supposed to capture a moment in time, an image to show future generations of an event that was witnessed with the naked eye, these days it’s all filters and likes.

Apologies, if this post appears like somewhat of a rant, there are some nice images in the link, but would welcome a little blurb from the photographers how they captured the “moment”.

The OP did actually get it right.

It is Incredible Landscape Photography ..... that is it is not believable as Landscape Photography.

Interestingly someone here in Yangon asked me if I had seen these images on the BBC. She is not a Photographer. I said yes but while some were spectacular I feel most were far from being Photography. I thought she was about to say she loved them but she also had the opinion that they were over cooked and a long way from being photographs. She made a point that if she wanted something that far removed from reality she would want to buy a painting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement