Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing the seatcovers

Options
  • 08-02-2020 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I need to wash the seatcovers in my caravan shortly. I remember about 8 years ago the guy we bought it the dealer said if we were washing them to wash them and to put them back on the foam when wet/damp. Said if we left them dry we'd never get them back on. Any truth in this or any recomendations?.

Thanks,

T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’ve heard of this. The covers probably shrink when drying. I wouldn’t put them on sipping wet though. Allow them to half dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

The last time (which happened to be the first time) I washed my camper seat covers, I didn't have the benefit of that advice, so I machine-washed them (50°C, 1200rpm spin), hung them out to dry in the very bright, very hot sunshine and ... they went back on with no bother at all, and absolutely no sign of shrinkage.

The carpet, on the other hand ... :pac:

Advertisement