Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - Valentines Stamps

Options
  • 05-02-2020 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

An Post have their yearly offer on stamps up now.

€8 for 10 stamps

I stocked up on these last year for those who i was posting invites too - also, if you are doing Thank You cards, be sure to buy a few extra packs so you have them there!

They are actually have a nice selection this year, only had one type last year when i got them and they look nice on the envelopes!

https://www.anpost.com/Shop/Special-issue-stamps/Love-and-Marriage

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Just a word of warning about the 2020 design though... I saw on the HIGM facebook group that they're really fiddly because the O in the Love comes out (I think the idea is that you can use it to seal the envelop) and so do the two love hearts. So effectively the stamp comes apart as 4 pieces and it's driving people crazy! Basically imagine peeling the stamp off the paper, but the O and the two hearts are left behind :/

I might put in an order for the 2018 or 2019 stamps though :)

Just in case anyone hasn't heard, the cost of stamps are going up soon:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0218/1115960-an-post-stamp-cost-rise/

I had already stocked up on some national stamps with the recent offer, but I've gotten some international ones now too before the price goes up. Saves a couple of euro anyway... nothing compared to the overall cost of a wedding, but makes me feel a little better :D

Oh and just in case anyone is concerned, if you have a national stamp with an N on it or an international stamp with a W on it, they are still valid after the price goes up. You only need to "top up" for stamps that have the actual price printed on them (which they generally don't do anymore). Sorry, this may seem obvious, but there was a lot of scaremongering about this elsewhere on the internet...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

We got some as well. Every little saving helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Teach30

Does anyone know if these are likely to sell out?
    Looking to buy 320 stamps and debating whether or not to get them all this month or maybe buy in two lots to ease the pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

I think this was just a promotional run and it could be finished

• Advertisement

I think this was just a promotional run and it could be finished

The Valentines Day offer is over. But the price of stamps (in general) is increasing by 10 cent on 19 March 2020. So it's still more cost effective to buy stamps sooner rather than later if you know you're going to need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Teach30

woodchuck wrote: »
    The Valentines Day offer is over. But the price of stamps (in general) is increasing by 10 cent on 19 March 2020. So it's still more cost effective to buy stamps sooner rather than later if you know you're going to need them.

Oh that’s a pity didn’t realise it would finish up. I won’t panic over buying them before the increase so for the sake of €30 in the difference, easier buy them all together later.
    Thanks everyone!

Advertisement