Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sun holiday next month with 1 year old

Options
  • 02-02-2020 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Will be changing jobs in 6 weeks time but have week off in between and looking to get a much needed week in sun with my wife and 10 month old baby. Could you recommend a resort or location at reasonable price that would be suitable and not cost a fortune.
    We usually go to Peurto del Carmen in Lanzarote but flights there are gone very expensive. Ideally somewhere with a pool and family friendly. Guessing canaries only option for decent sun at this time of year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

What's your total budget for the week?

Canaries currently enjoying a bit of a heatwave at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

I stayed here in Tenerife
    https://www.dreamplacehotels.com/en/hotel-tagoro (tagoro family fun)

about 60 euro per person all inclusive, better to call the hotel directly, than using booking.com

Kids; Creche, pools, and in the evening a kids show

Flights will be extra,
    taxi about 25 e from airport

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

I would recommend you Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun. Yes, it has a pool, spa and beds for kids and much more. If you are looking for cheap option then see Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas. You can also visit TripAdvisor or booking.com to explore other exciting options.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Hotel GF Isabel in Costa Adeje Tenerife is good for young kids - we took our wee fella on his firts hols there when he was 6 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Hotel GF Isabel in Costa Adeje Tenerife is good for young kids - we took our wee fella on his firts hols there when he was 6 months old.

We're going there in three weeks time with our 10 month old. Have booked a 'bungalow', although I don't think they're actually bungalows. Any particular things about that hotel you'd suggest or recommend (we know Costa Adeje very well, but this is our first time at the GF Isabel)?

• Advertisement

We're going there in three weeks time with our 10 month old. Have booked a 'bungalow', although I don't think they're actually bungalows. Any particular things about that hotel you'd suggest or recommend (we know Costa Adeje very well, but this is our first time at the GF Isabel)?

The whole place is low rise and very chilled out which is great. Nice courtyard area for breakfast. We were in an apartment overlooking the paddling pool which was great - the water is nice and shallow and warm as well.

There is a small indoor softplay area near the paddling pool which was great when we were there, there is also a outside playground behind that building.

There is a big weekly market across the roundabout from the hotel - I think its on Thursdays. There's also a a supermarket under the shops across from the hotel - its great for fruitpots, breadsticks, snacks, etc.

It's only a 10 min stroll to either Playa Fanabe or Playa Del Duque beaches with a nice wee shopping centre on the way to Del Duque. We found it was well worthwhile hiring one of the big comfy double beds with cover down at the beach - great for shading the wee one.

Enjoy.....

Excellent, thanks for that - looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

I would possibly look into this and travel insurance as it looks like there has been a confirmed case of Coronavirus in Adeje

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭junebabies

I would not be going to Tenerife now 🙄

Well there have been 13 confirmed cases so far here in the UK so I'm not stressing about it just yet anyway. Could catch something just as easily down in Tesco.

That said, we'll keep an eye on it over the next few weeks in case it becomes a real issue on the island, obviously if there's a government travel warning in place we won't go.

Between us though we've been in Turkey during a national state of emergency, New York during a riot and Greece during an earthquake so a dose of the flu would be just something else to add to the adventure list!

• Advertisement

Well there have been 13 confirmed cases so far here in the UK so I'm not stressing about it just yet anyway. Could catch something just as easily down in Tesco.

That said, we'll keep an eye on it over the next few weeks in case it becomes a real issue on the island, obviously if there's a government travel warning in place we won't go.

Between us though we've been in Turkey during a national state of emergency, New York during a riot and Greece during an earthquake so a dose of the flu would be just something else to add to the adventure list!

That's the spirit, more people die from the regular flu than this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,031 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

OP's party consisted of:
    my wife and 10 month old baby

Would you still have the same confidence in his case?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

smurfjed wrote: »
    OP's party consisted of:

[/B]

Would you still have the same confidence in his case?

This virus is not having a bad impact on young children. Last update was no deaths of anyone under 9.

The normal flu at home is a far bigger risk for a 10 month old.

Advertisement