Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Playoffs: Conference Championships

Comments

San Francisco vs Kansas City (The Joe Montana Alex Smith Bowl)
    HOW BOUT MY TITANS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Titans and trick plays..... never gets boring

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    TD Titans. 17-7 titans. The Titans are playing a good game and have gotten help with penalties.

Speaking of flags..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

2 of the dumbest 3rd down penalties ive ever seen in my oife life on that drive. Why would you hold a guy ten yards short of the line to gain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Titans offence is gonna need to keep the progress up by the looks of it!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nice td

Too easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

San Francisco vs Tennessee (The boards moderators Bowl)
    Well that was some response!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Mahomes is just so good. Minimum time with the ball, and just a 3pt game after all the good work by the Titans.
    Titans need to keep doing what they are doing and try their best to limit Mahomes' possessions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Awful defence there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

What terrible play from the Titans defense for that run. That is a killer right before halftime

Titains: "What's a defence?" :pac:

Wow

There is gonna be some angry defensive coaches on the sidelines right about now

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭blackcard

Shocking defence

That is insane and awful by the titans. We aren't winning this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Green Bay vs Tennessee (The Outside Chance of being the Superbowl Bowl)
    Nantz a bit over the top with the "out of this world"....

That was less about Mahomes and more about the "tackling"....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ah he is just phenomenal but brutal tackle attempt at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Green Bay vs Tennessee (The Outside Chance of being the Superbowl Bowl)
    Jaysus they should really be stopping Mahomes there!
    I think the Titans will find it tough if the Chiefs come out and score first in the second half, they dont seem like a team built to come from behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Vrabel will lose it at HT after that. Was looking like a contest, think it'll be over in next 15 mins now

Tackling in NFL is getting worse with each season. Too many fellas acting like Rambo's bollocks.

• Advertisement

phatkev wrote: »
    Jaysus they should really be stopping Mahomes there!
    I think the Titans will find it tough if the Chiefs come out and score first in the second half, they dont seem like a team built to come from behind
    19mins to 11mins for possession. But losing 21:17. This will be tough for the Titans.

Tackling in NFL is getting worse with each season. Too many fellas acting like Rambo's bollocks.

The amount of players that tackle with their shoulders and/or heads and don't use there arms is shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sure what do you expect when the time allowed for practice in the off season has been reduced tackling is bound to suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

If the chiefs score a touchdown after half ,they will nearly have it .Titans not built to play from behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Anyone want to PM me a stream?

If the chiefs score a touchdown after half ,they will nearly have it .Titans not built to play from behind

The titans need to get the next score either a FG or TD. If the chiefs get the next TD then I’d be worried for the titans.

The titans need to get the next score either a FG or TD. If the chiefs get the next TD then I’d be worried for the titans.

yeah same here

He was clearly in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

The amount of players that tackle with their shoulders and/or heads and don't use there arms is shocking.

This has always been a massive bug bear of mine, it seems it is more important to get a "hit" on someone than actually stop them by making a tackle.
    What way are they coached to tackle as kids? If missed tackles was a stat like in rugby then they would be all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Chiefs have done really well in the 3rd quarter keeping Henry quiet. A TD here and the titans will need a miracle.

• Advertisement

Kev8360 wrote: »
    Chiefs have done really well in the 3rd quarter keeping Henry quiet. A TD here and the titans will need a miracle.

Yeah, game over I think if they score here

Defence hasn't shown up for Titans.
    No matter how good Henry is this looks like the end of the road for the year..

Having to put the game in Ryan Tannehills hands isn’t what the titans were hoping for.

Sure what do you expect when the time allowed for practice in the off season has been reduced tackling is bound to suffer.

Which is why Judge's press conference when starting with the Giants didn't make much sense when he started talking about more padded practices and more tackling. You just cant decide to do that.
    This has always been a massive bug bear of mine, it seems it is more important to get a "hit" on someone than actually stop them by making a tackle.
    What way are they coached to tackle as kids? If missed tackles was a stat like in rugby then they would be all over it.

Lots of coaches at junior level are flat out terrible, they aren't provided the types of support or oversight that you get with sports in Ireland. Turnovers are such a big thing, much more than rugby, and when you only play one element of the game I understand why players can go for the 'big hit'. More coaches are moving towards rugby style though.

For Mahome's run I feel the QB rules might have come into play. Some defenders seem afraid to take a full shot at a QB for fear they'll step out or slide. Slightly different but last weekend Garoppolo pancaked Barr with a block when you can nearly see Barr pausing thinking how hard can he hit him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Game over.

Titans pass rush just hasn't been good enough, when they've dropped so many guys to cover. They've only rushed 3 guys a lot and Mahomes has had time to pick someone or run himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Kev8360

That’s the game...

Incredible

You waste a timeout because your defence isn't set
    ..... and you still give up the 1st down.

Yeah, that team isn't winning the game

• Advertisement

Well that’s it you’d have to think.

Well done Chiefs, Titans just not good enough.

You waste a timeout because your defence isn't set
    ..... and you still give up the 1st down.

Yeah, that team isn't winning the game

And Vrabal looked pissed off after the TO was called. I mean you can go through a load of stats to explain why the chiefs will likely win the game but points scored in the second half is a telling stat. Titans 0 chiefs 21. I mean the only stat that matters is the score line.

Well done Chiefs, Titans just not good enough.

One too many games leaning on Henry; he must be gassed.
    Great season for the Titans though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Great season for the titans, and have a successor to Mariota by the looks of things. A great young star in aj brown....

KC owe them a debt of gratitude for clearing out the AFC for them.

Surely on side kick now. Defence cant stop anything.

• Advertisement

KC don't strike me as a team to run it x3....maybe with the oob

One too many games leaning on Henry; he must be gassed.
    Great season for the Titans though.

If they'd gone behind in either of the other games they would have likely been in the same kind of trouble.

Great season though, one or two more weapons next year they'd be in a position to deal with playing from behind.

Foxtrol wrote:
    Great season though, one or two more weapons next year they'd be in a position to deal with playing from behind.

I'm no titans expert, but their pass rush seemed a little lackluster.

Agree that those games went pretty much perfectly for the types of things they like to do.

I'm no titans expert, but their pass rush seemed a little lackluster.

Agree that those games went pretty much perfectly for the types of things they like to do.

Always good to have more rushers but I think it a lot of their issues today was due to game plan. They only rushed 3 so they could put more guys into coverage and don't have the quality to get to the QB (not many teams would with that number).

Even though it wasn’t the titans fans day today they can hold their heads high and it’s takes a good team to beat both the patriots and ravens in the playoffs

• Advertisement
Advertisement