Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Bareknuckle Fighters

Options
  • 26-12-2019 6:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

I think we need a discussion about this in the boxing forum. No glove boxing is popular and an important part of an Irish ethnic group’s collective identity.

Who are your favorite fighters? Obviously some old legends like Big Joe Joyce and Red Michael Quinn (RIP) would make my list but I also rate “the Small King” Gramsey Joyce as well as Big Davey Joyce - both have excellent defensive and counter punching ability.

I’d love to see them fight the likes of McGregor etc but I think racial discrimination plays a role, also many boxers are afraid to fight them.

Any fights people here would like to see made?

Given their love of YouTube maybe Logan Paul or such could make sense - RTE could acquire the rights as this ethnic group is not often seen on our national broadcaster. John Connors (the actor) is a former elite, multi champ amateur boxer and would be perfect on commentary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

I think we need a discussion about this in the boxing forum. No glove boxing is popular and an important part of an Irish ethnic group’s collective identity.

Who are your favorite fighters? Obviously some old legends like Big Joe Joyce and Red Michael Quinn (RIP) would make my list but I also rate “the Small King” Gramsey Joyce as well as Big Davey Joyce - both have excellent defensive and counter punching ability.

I’d love to see them fight the likes of McGregor etc but I think racial discrimination plays a role, also many boxers are afraid to fight them.

Any fights people here would like to see made?

Given their love of YouTube maybe Logan Paul or such could make sense - RTE could acquire the rights as this ethnic group is not often seen on our national broadcaster. John Connors (the actor) is a former elite, multi champ amateur boxer and would be perfect on commentary

Isn’t Gramsey carrying an extra few stone the last year or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

No glove boxing is popular? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

lawred2 wrote:
    No glove boxing is popular? Really?

Tis boss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

Watching John Connors hit the pads outside his caravan on a video he posted to his social media- I’ve no doubt he could have been the greatest boxer Ireland ever produced. Such a shame we lost him to acting. Silky skills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

Anyone rate Paddy Doherty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

I came across the John Conners clip myself and there were some similarities with a prime Ali in that he moved like a bee and stung like a butterfly.

Advertisement