Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorsport Show RDS

Options
  • 27-11-2019 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭

Due to be on last Saturday & Sunday....Cancelled.
    Anybody got an idea why? Poor ticket sales would be my guess.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I remember it being promoted months ago but nothing for ages after that. The fact it wasn't brought up in conversation here until you bring up the fact it's cancelled says a lot.
    The interest in motorsports in Ireland has dropped off a lot since the two Eddies left Formula 1 and RTÉ stopped covering the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I saw an ad for it last week on YouTube. It felt doomed from the start anyway.
    THE MOTORSPORT SHOW AT THE RDS DUBLIN - POSTPONEMENT NOTICE

DUE TO LOGISTICAL REASONS THE MOTORSPORT SHOW SCHEDULED FOR THE RDS SIMMONSCOURT THIS SATURDAY 23RD AND SUNDAY 24TH NOVEMBER HAS HAD TO BE POSTPONED.

RESCHEDULED DATES FOR THE EVENT WILL BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY.

TICKETS PURCHASED FOR THE ORIGINAL DATES WILL BE VALID FOR THE NEW DATES. REFUNDS ARE ALSO NOW AVAILABLE AT THE POINT OF PURCHASE

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

If anyone is having trouble with refunds, there was a misleading registered address in Limerick on the events at one point. For the record, the parent company is not an Irish registered company and The Motorsport Show was never registered as a business name in Ireland.

The correct registered address of the Tipp Holdings Limited (trading as the Motorsport Show) is 5 Beauchamp Court, Victors Way, Barnet, London, United Kingdom, EN5 5TZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

They had no proper contact details or company address on the website. Looked like a scam. Ticket prices were way too high as well. Way better value to be had to fly to Birmingham for day trip to Autosport show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

flazio wrote: »
    I remember it being promoted months ago but nothing for ages after that. The fact it wasn't brought up in conversation here until you bring up the fact it's cancelled says a lot.
    The interest in motorsports in Ireland has dropped off a lot since the two Eddies left Formula 1 and RTÉ stopped covering the sport.
    Besides Craig Breen, Turkington and Kris Meeke (if the latter two don't have an Irish passport yet, they're probably in the post) I can't think of any Irish racing drivers active right now. IIRC Arón Smith got punted out of BTCC because Plato got pissed off.

There's not even any sim-racers that spring to mind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I'd have gone if it was real. It didn't seem to be legit cause they just advertised a motorsport show. Nothing re who or what would be there.
    I'd imagine we won't hear of it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

Aron Smith didn’t obey team orders from what I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

Besides Craig Breen, Turkington and Kris Meeke (if the latter two don't have an Irish passport yet, they're probably in the post) I can't think of any Irish racing drivers active right now. IIRC Arón Smith got punted out of BTCC because Plato got pissed off.

There's not even any sim-racers that spring to mind...

To be fair we have more than that it's just when it comes to Motorsport rte don't care and don't cover it, or perhaps Motorsport Ireland don't get the news about the great results to the media...

There is Carrera Cup GB winners: 2019 Daniel Harper & 2017 Charlie Eastwood (who also leading the WEC GTE Pro-Am class in a TF Sport Aston Martin). In single seaters there is James Roe Jr who is climbing the ranks in the US with some great performances, Keith Dempsey in Asian F3 & Johnathan Browne who won the formula ford festival this year. In Karting we have 2019 Same world champion cadet driver Alex O'Grady and Alex Dunne is at the sharp end of the junior European championships.

We even have a presence in the world Motorsport manufacturers scene as Tillotson Racing are launching a new 1 make series worldwide after the karts were developed by an Irish team based out of Kerry, trialled in the national championship this year before the 2020 international launch.

It's a real pity these people don't get more coverage but that has nothing to do with why the show failed, the lack of info was crazy the only confirmed car on show was a formula e car either they had no attractions or they didn't announce them, either way it was doomed to fail.

What happened with this? I had tickets but heard it was cancelled and would be rescheduled. Should I ask for refund?

Advertisement