Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MLB TV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

8-10 wrote: »
    Is there a worry here that we will pay more to renew? New subscriptions are dropping to $110, but as far as I can tell from my email, my 2015 subscription will automatically renew for 2016 at the 2015 price ($129.99)

I hadn't thought of that. Hopefully that's not the case. Can you remember (I can't) if they send out an email prior to the automatic renewal? If they do, the price will probably be shown there and we can cancel and take the lower price as a new user.

Either way, we get stung with taxes on top of the cost now as well so it'll probably end up at the same price anyway.

I subscribed to the MILB package as well last year but I never really used it so won't be getting it this year but the very few games I did watch, all seemed to be filmed using a camcorder or something from the back row of the stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I hadn't thought of that. Hopefully that's not the case. Can you remember (I can't) if they send out an email prior to the automatic renewal? If they do, the price will probably be shown there and we can cancel and take the lower price as a new user.

Either way, we get stung with taxes on top of the cost now as well so it'll probably end up at the same price anyway.

I subscribed to the MILB package as well last year but I never really used it so won't be getting it this year but the very few games I did watch, all seemed to be filmed using a camcorder or something from the back row of the stands.

Yeah we got the tax amnesty last year but it's going to definitely increase it this year. I have old renewal emails that are late Feb or early March so I'm guessing that's when we'll get a mail. I'm certain they won't screw over existing customers - will be keeping an eye out for the mails.

Yeah we got the tax amnesty last year but it's going to definitely increase it this year. I have old renewal emails that are late Feb or early March so I'm guessing that's when we'll get a mail. I'm certain they won't screw over existing customers - will be keeping an eye out for the mails.

Got my mail. No word of what the tax will be. Even the terms & conditions don't spell out the EU tax.

I guess we'll find out when our cards get charged!

Didn't get my email yet. I had a look on the website and it does say 'stay tuned for new features' but I'm not holding out any hope for getting MLB Network which is top of everyones wish list. If we were getting that they'd be broadcasting that out very loudly I'd imagine.

I just tried asking a question on the MLB.TV support forum and got the message "This forum has a waiting period before new members can post a message. Please return in 76683 hour(s) to post". I've been a subscriber since 2009 or 2010...!!!! Has anyone else got this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭TempPeck

Dear 2015 MLB.TV® Premium Yearly subscriber,

MLB.TV Premium, the Emmy® award winner for Technology and Engineering, is back just in time for Spring Training. The first game streamed online will be on or about February 29, 2016. We are pleased to notify you of the annual automatic renewal of your subscription for 2016. Your subscription is priced even lower than last season’s regular yearly price - only $109.99 ($20 off last year’s full yearly price) and includes all the great features from last year, PLUS new features for the 2016 season. Enjoy full portability to over 400 supported connected devices, including supported mobile devices with a free subscription to At Bat Premium (the #1 selling sports app in the Apple Store - $19.99 value) for the 2016 season.

Watch over 275 Spring Training games (without blackout restrictions) and all 2,430 regular season games online or on your favorite supported smartphones, tablets and connected devices (subject to blackout restrictions). Almost 100 games are streamed LIVE per week. PLUS, eligible authenticated subscribers will also be able to live stream each game of the 2016 World Series as well as the 87th All-Star Game on supported devices.

New for 2016
    NEW LIVE STREAMING TECHNOLOGY (BEST PICTURE QUALITY EVER WITH 60FPS): The new Apple TV will be among the supported devices delivering 60fps live video streaming for MLB.TV Premium subscribers. This HD technology also will be available in 2016 on iPhone 6+, iPhone 6S+, iPad, Chromecast™, PlayStation® 4, PlayStation® 3, Roku®, Xbox® One and Xbox® 360.
    2016 MLB.TV Premium Features
    Enjoy complete mobile portability to compatible smartphones and tablets (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch - iOS 7.0 or higher, supported Android smartphones 4.0 and higher and tablets, and Amazon Kindle Fire) through the MLB.com At Bat app.*
    High definition Media Player: Powered through a responsive, in-page layout with simplified user controls and game-event milestone markers.
    Home or Away Feeds: Watch either the home or away teams' broadcasts.
    HD Picture: Speed detection technology delivers high definition video on any size screen during the MLB regular season (sufficient bandwidth required).
    Live Game DVR Functionality: Pause and rewind live games. Jump back to create your own instant replay.
    Multi-Game Viewing Options: Watch up to four games simultaneously.
    Connected device innovations: Favorite team view and boxscore overlay on supported connected devices.
    Spanish Audio Sync: Spanish-language audio overlay option for every available regular season game on supported devices.
    Pitch by Pitch Tracking: Track the location, type and speed of every pitch.
    Picture-in-Picture: Choose one game and track another or watch in-game highlights simultaneously in a secondary window.
    Audio Overlay: Overlay the home or away team's radio broadcast over the live video or use the "Park" option to include the ballpark's natural sounds.
    Clickable Linescores: Go directly to any at-bat or half inning of a game.
    In-Game Highlights: Real-time highlights and player stats automatically load in the media player.
    Player Tracker: Customize a list to feature entire fantasy rosters and receive on-deck notifications to watch live look-ins for each player. Simply click the alert and watch the at-bat live in a Picture in Picture window.
    Click here to see a full list of features.
    * Simply download the free MLB.com At Bat app to your supported smartphone or tablet and log-in with your MLB.TV Premium username and password to access live and on-demand baseball.

MLB.TV Single Team Package We are now offering a Single Team Package for the yearly price of $84.99. Subscribers to this package can watch local telecasts of a selected single team’s out-of-market regular season games LIVE in full HD. Note: this product will not allow you to view live games of any in-market team. Also LIVE Postseason games are not included. If you change your subscription to the MLB.TV Single Team Package, your updated subscription will automatically renew annually on or about March 1 at the then-current year's regular full yearly price. If you would like to change your automatically renewing subscription to the MLB.TV Single Team Package, simply click here.

There is no action required for you to continue your MLB.TV Premium subscription. Unless you change your subscription to the MLB.TV Single Team Package, the payment card you have on file with us will be charged $109.99 prior to the beginning of live Spring Training games, on or about February 29, 2016. Your subscription will automatically renew annually on or about March 1 at the then-current year's regular full yearly price. To ensure uninterrupted access to your MLB.TV Premium subscription, in the event that we are unable to process charges to your primary payment card we will charge the alternate card(s) saved in your MLB.com Payment Profile. To update or confirm your payment card information, simply click here.

If you have any questions about your subscription, please e-mail Customer Service at subscriptions@website.mlb.com or call 866-800-1275 (International customers please call 512-434-1542). If you wish to cancel your current subscription, you can do so by accessing "Audio/Video Subscriptions" in the "Payment Profile" section of your MLB.com account and following the instructions or by e-mailing us at subscriptionrenewal@website.mlb.com.

Enjoy the 2016 season.

Sincerely,
    MLB.com

MLB.com will collect sales tax on certain purchases as required by law (including any applicable VAT Tax). Terms of Use for more information on our sales tax policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is the PS4 app only available from the US Store or will it be live for non-US customers? I'd be all in if I can get it on my PS4.

Its only available in the US store but it works here once you download it. Note: You don't get spring training games on it.

You need to set up a 2nd PSN account and put USA as your country. Log in with that account and download the app.
    It should be available to you when you log back in with your normal account.

You don't get all of the features listed above on the PS4. No multiple games etc but it does have a few of its own features.
    Unless they've updated it for this year.

• Advertisement

Didn't get my email yet.

Just checked my account and when I emailed to cancel the MILB part of my renewal, they cancelled the whole thing so the renewal email was never going to come.

Just resubscribed and the tax was $25.30 on top of the $109.09 so €121.53 according to today's exchange rate but when you add in the banks taking their commission etc. we're probably looking at around €124-125.

Spring training schedule for anyone who can't wait for the real stuff to start

http://www.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/broadcasts/spring_mlbtv.jsp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Well, they took my money and my login works again!
    Here we go...

MLB.TV not working on the new Apple TV at the moment. Not a big deal on the first day of spring training but it's something they really should have had sorted out.

A good few unhappy posts on the MLB.TV forum.

EDIT - Fixed now

Only about a week into Spring Training and I've already had enough of those "Express Written Consent" ads/skits (or whatever they're supposed to be). What's their point?

The updated app for the new Apple TV is there now. Seems like a nice update. You can now watch 2 games at once like you can do on a computer.

• Advertisement

The updated app for the new Apple TV is there now. Seems like a nice update. You can now watch 2 games at once like you can do on a computer.

Awesome. I wish the season would start already

Clocks changed in the States last night so day games start at 5pm this week for anyone wanting some ST action.

The quality of the picture on the new Apple TV now that they've turned on the HD for the regular season is amazing.

Lads, do any of you have Sky broadband for MLB.tv? Just wondering what the quality is like. I'm with Virgin at the moment and it's perfect quality but I'm moving from them and don't want to sign up to Sky or Eir and find the quality's rubbish.

Lads, do any of you have Sky broadband for MLB.tv? Just wondering what the quality is like. I'm with Virgin at the moment and it's perfect quality but I'm moving from them and don't want to sign up to Sky or Eir and find the quality's rubbish.

I have Eir and it's just as good as when I had UPC

• Advertisement

I have Eir and it's just as good as when I had UPC

What part of the world are you in by the way?

Sorry for all the questions but have you ever had MLB.Tv on, someone else streaming from netflix and someone surfing the net on the phone etc? In other words can it handle multiple devices doing all sorts of stuff? What speeds are you getting by the way?

Thanks.

Anyone use the At-Bat app on the iPhone? If so, have you had any issues if you updated to iOS 10? After a period of inactivity on the app, I have to re login and then select my favourite team and notification preferences. This never happened before and is a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Anyone use the At-Bat app on the iPhone? If so, have you had any issues if you updated to iOS 10? After a period of inactivity on the app, I have to re login and then select my favourite team and notification preferences. This never happened before and is a bit of a pain.

Had to do the same except that I use the At-Bat app on a daily basis to check scores, news etc. It asked me last week to relogin etc. No issue with the iPad version strangely.

tallpaul wrote: »
    Had to do the same except that I use the At-Bat app on a daily basis to check scores, news etc. It asked me last week to relogin etc. No issue with the iPad version strangely.

I got onto their Support and they advised to uninstall/reinstall the app and that seems to have worked so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Anyone know if there is a way to watch on-demand games with the ad pauses removed? Is there a setting or something or does one have to forward through them. Would be nice to watch without waiting 2/3 minutes between each half inning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Thinking of shelling out for MLB TV. I'm assuming that it'll work no problem with my laptop but apps on Xbox One/PS4 are region locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

That_Guy wrote: »
    Thinking of shelling out for MLB TV. I'm assuming that it'll work no problem with my laptop but apps on Xbox One/PS4 are region locked?
    No, the app on Xbox One works fine for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Got tickets for 4th home opener in a row (Mariners on April 10th). Should hopefully be able to add to this collection

AOX31

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Doogs27

Little bit off topic but is there any baseball version of what 'americas game' is for football??

Doogs27 wrote: »
    Little bit off topic but is there any baseball version of what 'americas game' is for football??

Probaby is on MLB Network. I don't know though to be honest as I've never been able to watch the channel.

• Advertisement

Anyone else sick to death of the “During this break in the action......” clips they show in between innings? They just keep repeating the same ones over and over again. Give me silence and the blue screen/MLB logo anytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Anyone else sick to death of the “During this break in the action......” clips they show in between innings? They just keep repeating the same ones over and over again. Give me silence and the blue screen/MLB logo anytime.

I dont pay for MLB Tv, is it worth it? I find the coverage on BT/ESPN alright in general and I get to see a large proportion of the decent games that way.

I dont pay for MLB Tv, is it worth it? I find the coverage on BT/ESPN alright in general and I get to see a large proportion of the decent games that way.

I think it is and I wouldn’t be one who stays up for the midnight games too often.

The main advantage is that you can see your team as opposed to whatever BT have on. As an added bonus you can pick the feed too and as I quite like the Mets crew, it’s nice to be able to do that. I don’t know if I could listen to FP Santangilo on the Nats broadcast every night though...!!!

Having access to games on your mobile is great too, especially when I wake up at 2:30 in the morning and try and sneak in the last inning or two without waking up my wife.

The biggest downfall is the slight delay so you have to turn off Twitter if you don’t want the outcome ruined. There’s no MLB Network either which is a pity.

But $142 for 2430 regular season games and all of the playoffs is great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I think it is and I wouldn’t be one who stays up for the midnight games too often.

The main advantage is that you can see your team as opposed to whatever BT have on. As an added bonus you can pick the feed too and as I quite like the Mets crew, it’s nice to be able to do that. I don’t know if I could listen to FP Santangilo on the Nats broadcast every night though...!!!

Having access to games on your mobile is great too, especially when I wake up at 2:30 in the morning and try and sneak in the last inning or two without waking up my wife.

The biggest downfall is the slight delay so you have to turn off Twitter if you don’t want the outcome ruined. There’s no MLB Network either which is a pity.

But $142 for 2430 regular season games and all of the playoffs is great value.

it represents value for sure

Up until last season I had ESPN/BT Sports for years and there was always enough games on especially over the weekend. But when Virgin Media pulled the plug on BT Sports I had to look for other options. The free game of the day is not always ideal but because I was a viewer of said games MLB sent me a 50% discount link towards the end of April. I didn't renew this season but intended to once MLB sent me out another discount which I got about a week ago. This was discount was for 35% so I went ahead renewed.

As Jack mentions it's great value for what you get. Even better if you can get the subscription for a discount :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

I find MLB TV superb and great value for money with some pretty nifty features

Living in Ireland means You're always out of Market and can watch any game. My daughter was a dreadful sleeper. I'd often find myself wide awake at 3/4 in the morning so it was great to be able to take in a West coast game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Quick question, probably answered already

Is MLB TV available for the PS4 here in Ireland ?

I have used the url https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0181-CUSA01974_00-MLBTVPS4US000001 from a regular web browser to try to and get it but it redirects to the Irish url "en-ie" and say it cannot be found

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

No offers received yet this year, anyone else get the 50% off deal?
    I'm tempted to just go ahead and purchase now even though it looks like being a horrible year for the dodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    I'm tempted to just go ahead and purchase now even though it looks like being a horrible year for the dodgers.

Got an offer of a 7 day free trial a few days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Quick question, probably answered already

Is MLB TV available for the PS4 here in Ireland ?

I have used the url https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0181-CUSA01974_00-MLBTVPS4US000001 from a regular web browser to try to and get it but it redirects to the Irish url "en-ie" and say it cannot be found

If you setup a US profile on the PS4 you can download the MLB app, just use a zip code like NY 100001, once downloaded under that profile you can make the app available to all profiles on the PS4. This is what I did a few years back and have had no issues since, well I didn't renew this year so can't talk about this season :P

Uncle_moe wrote: »

wait until fathers day they usually do a promo around then, I remember getting something like 50 to 60% off as it was a special for fathers weekend

Heads up everyone, just got an email saying that for "Fathers Week" MLB package is only $49.99 from now until 17th June 11:59 PM ET, thats 50% off original price. Roughly about €42 :D

update, i just renewwed mine and inc tax it was 61.49 USD which when paid through paypal cost 53.98 Euro

update, i just renewwed mine and inc tax it was 61.49 USD which when paid through paypal cost 53.98 Euro

Yeah, 23% tax is added on to the display price.

Yeah, 23% tax is added on to the display price.

Still a good deal :D

I hate the way they do that in the States, advertise a price and when you go to pay its more as they then add the tax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭boccy23

Just be careful with the Auto Renew lads.

Once you sign up, this is set to "auto-renew" as standard. This will be renewed at the full price.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Just be careful with the Auto Renew lads.

Once you sign up, this is set to "auto-renew" as standard. This will be renewed at the full price.

Good point

You can cancel the auto renewal on 28th Feb next year, there is a note about the auto renewal before your purchase. In recent years there was not an option to cancel auto renewal.

Not sure if they can debit your Paypal account, and the payment details on my MLB account are years old so they wont be able to charge me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Doodah7

For those on fence it might be worth waiting. Last year for 4 July, the price dropped to $20.17. Good chance this will happen again as the sales for this service seem quite consistent.

Doodah7 wrote: »
    For those on fence it might be worth waiting. Last year for 4 July, the price dropped to $20.17. Good chance this will happen again as the sales for this service seem quite consistent.

Now that's a bargain!!!!

Looks like mlb.tv has brought split screen options back. There are options to view up to 4 games at the same time :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement