Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I took some nrnb that price will be 7/1 if he wins today. If he doesn’t go, then cash back the Farouk D’alene is 14’s but there’s maybe not that much between them when you take a line through railway hurricane. Should be a good race anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

After today’s run anyone have any thoughts about mt Leinster for the county??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Statler beaten early he won’t be on the boat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

stretchaq wrote: »

Not with counterfeit money would I back him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Mengli Khan is a plot if I ever saw one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

stretchaq wrote: »

If the ground dries up he mightn't be a million miles away, he's usually keen in his races but you will be guaranteed a better gallop in Cheltenham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The betting for the Martin Pipe right now is ****ing mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Toetohand

Slattsy wrote: »

What are chances of Eglantine du Seuil (WPM mare) running in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

One word...... conflated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

I don’t think I’ve seen a more puzzling Festival in a long, long time. If the Festival kicked off tomorrow I don’t think I’d be able to name a winner for Day 1. Last year there were plenty of horses throughout the week that I was confident calling two or three weeks out but this year is mad stuff altogether. Off the top of my head there’s probably only two or three very short priced favorites over the four days and I think this year will throw up some mad results and massive SPs.

The handicaps are always left until the day before for me, Antepost betting is an absolute no go and this year is the best example of it. The ground could still catch a lot of people out, these storms aren’t really showing any signs of clearing completely and the ground could be a bog on Day 1 which would scupper most handicap jobs and plots for the week. I remember a horse about 10 or 11 years ago trained by Jonjo O’Neill that was being minded all year, the money came and then the ground went against them. They waited until the following year and tried the same again with him. They got him so we’ll handicapped that he didn’t get in the following year and missed out by about two lbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

I think Conflated is going for the Coral Cup now elliot said.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

Does anyone see Notebook being turned over in the Arkle? and if so, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

i will be backing cash back in that race.
    just think he is open to more improvement and would rather be on him at treble the price.

Will likely top up rachel blackmore top jockey at 6/1 to have a bit of cover if things go south.

carq wrote: »
    i will be backing cash back in that race.
    just think he is open to more improvement and would rather be on him at treble the price.

Will likely top up rachel blackmore top jockey at 6/1 to have a bit of cover if things go south.

Fair enough, always thought notebook had him covered last time out, fakir and cash back would have to reverse form while brewinupastorm was going to lose before the last fence and wasnt too impressive lto. Not saying they wont reverse form but ive seen people say notebook is one of the worst prices of the festival and I cant understand that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Lads I am genuinely starting to worry again re coronavirus
    Seems a hot topic in last 24hrs again
    Lads on morning Ireland advising people against travel for a few weeks......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Anyone think Fakir D'oudairies will run in the Marsh rather than the Arkle?
    Have a few nice bets on him for the Marsh and wondering if i should cash out or not.....

maximo31 wrote: »
    Have a few nice bets on him for the Marsh and wondering if i should cash out or not.....

I'd be confident he goes for the Marsh, unless the ground turns up very soft I cant see him going for the Arkle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Pertemps : One i am going to keep an eye on and has an entry in a Pertemps qualifier on Sunday at Exeter is Palmers Hill. JP seems to do well in the race and this is another of his , trained by JJ O'Neill. The horse already has course winning form winning impressively in Nov 18.Race worth a look. Horse has been lightly raced but form of those in behind in his runs is pretty decent . He missed his previous intended run due to a temperature (another JP horse went on to win the race) so Sunday is his last chance to qualify for the Pertemps at Cheltenham.The Irish have had a good recent record in this race so hoping Palmers Hill can buck the trend. Had a small few quid on with Skybet @ 16/1 NRNB.

Was entered in 2 qualifiers at Exeter but both were cancelled so plans changed. Has entries in the Coral and Martin Pipe. Made its long awaited return on Saturday at Kempton and ran a cracker , just beaten a neck into 2nd.
    Have now backed it for the Martin Pipe NRNB.....

Croll wrote: »
    I'd be confident he goes for the Marsh, unless the ground turns up very soft I cant see him going for the Arkle

Yeah all depends on the ground. If its proper soft he'll 100% be Arkle bound and 100% carry my money :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I too love FD for the Arkle. He just beats Notebook.

• Advertisement

In an attempt to restrict my liability i've cashed out a certain amount of my Champagne Classic bets, mostly the bets taken at 5/1 & 7/1 as there seems a clear possibility he is rerouted to the RSA.

If the betfair exchanges re BattleoverDoyen are somewhat reliable as in indicator, then you'd think its unlikely he'll run. But maybe thats just a result of Gordons words, and the fact he fell lto.

Dont mind losing money ap, but given the way this has played out, there's a chance to restrict my loses if he does go RSA so I'm going to take it :)

I too love FD for the Arkle. He just beats Notebook.

We seem to agree on a lot. Wanna go for dinner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

See......"Sluttsy"

Earendil wrote: »
    See......"Sluttsy"

You're only totz jelz.

I hope Fakir runs in the Arkle. Got him at a nice 6/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

A lot of Italian football was called off yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

My place or yours?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Seemingly the flood crisis in South Wales is now been dealt with and no domestic ministers have threatened to resign or be fired by Boris Johnson, he only reshuffled last week so current positions are all safe. That being the case the Corona Virus has further media opportunities this week.

In Ireland it looks like Wolfe Tone terrace is getting a hammering off the River Shannon, it looks nasty enough in fairness and Graham Dwyer is still trying to get away with murder.

It is not going to happen Raj. Get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Seemingly the flood crisis in South Wales is now been dealt with and no domestic ministers have threatened to resign or be fired by Boris Johnson, he only reshuffled last week so current positions are all safe. That being the case the Corona Virus has further media opportunities this week.

In Ireland it looks like Wolfe Tone terrace is getting a hammering off the River Shannon, it looks nasty enough in fairness and Graham Dwyer is still trying to get away with murder.

It is not going to happen Raj. Get over it.

Taklk dirty to me Moron!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

What is the story with Felix Desjy? Still entered in the Champion hurdle, I presume he is injured?

They would hardly run him there first time out?

Advertisement