Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

In an attempt to restrict my liability i've cashed out a certain amount of my Champagne Classic bets, mostly the bets taken at 5/1 & 7/1 as there seems a clear possibility he is rerouted to the RSA.

If the betfair exchanges re BattleoverDoyen are somewhat reliable as in indicator, then you'd think its unlikely he'll run. But maybe thats just a result of Gordons words, and the fact he fell lto.

Dont mind losing money ap, but given the way this has played out, there's a chance to restrict my loses if he does go RSA so I'm going to take it :)

I too love FD for the Arkle. He just beats Notebook.

We seem to agree on a lot. Wanna go for dinner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Slattsy wrote: »

See......"Sluttsy"

Earendil wrote: »
    See......"Sluttsy"

You're only totz jelz.

I hope Fakir runs in the Arkle. Got him at a nice 6/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Lads I am genuinely starting to worry again re coronavirus
    Seems a hot topic in last 24hrs again
    Lads on morning Ireland advising people against travel for a few weeks......

A lot of Italian football was called off yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

My place or yours?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Lads I am genuinely starting to worry again re coronavirus
    Seems a hot topic in last 24hrs again
    Lads on morning Ireland advising people against travel for a few weeks......

Seemingly the flood crisis in South Wales is now been dealt with and no domestic ministers have threatened to resign or be fired by Boris Johnson, he only reshuffled last week so current positions are all safe. That being the case the Corona Virus has further media opportunities this week.

In Ireland it looks like Wolfe Tone terrace is getting a hammering off the River Shannon, it looks nasty enough in fairness and Graham Dwyer is still trying to get away with murder.

It is not going to happen Raj. Get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Seemingly the flood crisis in South Wales is now been dealt with and no domestic ministers have threatened to resign or be fired by Boris Johnson, he only reshuffled last week so current positions are all safe. That being the case the Corona Virus has further media opportunities this week.

In Ireland it looks like Wolfe Tone terrace is getting a hammering off the River Shannon, it looks nasty enough in fairness and Graham Dwyer is still trying to get away with murder.

It is not going to happen Raj. Get over it.

Taklk dirty to me Moron!

• Advertisement

What is the story with Felix Desjy? Still entered in the Champion hurdle, I presume he is injured?

They would hardly run him there first time out?

When are the handicap weights announced??

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

When are the handicap weights announced??

Wednesday Im fairly sure

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭jj mac

Are those my feet?

jj mac wrote: »
    Are those my feet?

The itchy ones?

Talcum powder for you pal.

Croll wrote: »
    Wednesday Im fairly sure

Good man Croll, you've been a good soldier since you joined. Did you have a previous account???

• Advertisement

Anyone any thoughts what race Early Doors will run in??

Good man Croll, you've been a good soldier since you joined. Did you have a previous account???

Cheers Slattsy haha, nope Im new to the forums! Most my mates havent too much interest in racing so its good to chat with others with a good knowledge and get second opinions

Cheers Slattsy haha, nope Im new to the forums! Most my mates havent too much interest in racing so its good to chat with others with a good knowledge and get second opinions

You came to the wrong place so.

You came to the wrong place so.

I figured that when i seen someone say tiger roll could win the GC:D will be interesting to see what mark early doors is given alright, had him and hazel hill in a double to end the week last year

You have to record yourself dressed up as Bananaman giving us a verse of some Gangstas Paradise and post it up here Croll
    Then you will truly be one of us.....

That or the winner of the last in Wolverhampton will also do

If Sluttsy likes you it's a good start tho....

• Advertisement

I figured that when i seen someone say tiger roll could win the GC:D will be interesting to see what mark early doors is given alright, had him and hazel hill in a double to end the week last year

I think they should give him a shot at the stayers if I am honest.:p

But the Gold Cup is not far fetched, at all. He is rated the same as Delta Work.

Apart from that he won the 4 miler a few years back, handy, and has won a Munster National over 3 miles. so he has the speed and the stamina.

I actually think he should have gone Gold Cup last year, given what he achieved. The biggest negative this year would be that he is now a 10 year old, they don't have a great record in the race.

You have to record yourself dressed up as Bananaman giving us a verse of some Gangstas Paradise and post it up here Croll
    Then you will truly be one of us.....

That or the winner of the last in Wolverhampton will also do

If Sluttsy likes you it's a good start tho....

Ill take my chances with wolverhampton so haha.

Tigers my favourite horse in training but he just wouldnt have the turn of foot for a GC in my opinion, a stayers though just maybe

Ill take my chances with wolverhampton so haha.

Tigers my favourite horse in training but he just wouldnt have the turn of foot for a GC in my opinion, a stayers though just maybe

Lash him out in front after a circuit, Denman style... they wouldn't be able to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Anyone any thoughts what race Early Doors will run in??

Maybe the novice cap as he won the Pipe over that trip, i had him down as a stayer at the start of the season and backed him for the NH Chase before he was scratched.

Lash him out in front after a circuit, Denman style... they wouldn't be able to keep up.

Twould be the way to do it alright
    Make all or die trying

I'd say he wouldn't be too far off it lads
    Al Boum is no superstar and he won it

(ducks for cover from incoming WPM brigade..)

Read someone say the owners of Ravenhil want Codd on for the KM and Gary OBrien mentioned the horse and Codd before and he is all blue from 25/1 to 14/1 having looked on oddschecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I will prob have my smallest bet ever in the gold cup as I don’t fancy anyone. Maybe clan des

madmoose wrote: »
    Read someone say the owners of Ravenhil want Codd on for the KM and Gary OBrien mentioned the horse and Codd before and he is all blue from 25/1 to 14/1 having looked on oddschecker.

I doubt it will be the first or the last handicap plunge we hear about at this stage of the year. He is a 10 year old, doubt there is much improvement left in the horse.

Where did you read it? You might want to clarify if the Pipes have anything in it as he has won it a few times with them also? Codd pulled him up in a maiden hurdle a few years back, it doesn't exactly scream 2 year plot job either.

Only 12's now with Powers, madness, the weights are not even released for 48 hours.

Twould be the way to do it alright
    Make all or die trying

I'd say he wouldn't be too far off it lads
    Al Boum is no superstar and he won it

(ducks for cover from incoming WPM brigade..)

I would say placed at least Raj. But I doubt we will ever find out.

I watched Paul Nicholls interview with Nick Luck. He definitely intimated that Frodon is going Ryanair, but still in the Gold Cup. In fairness to Nicholls he shoots from the hip, he gives it like pear cider. I reckon my AP on Frodon is goosed. My festival is getting off to a shocker, I have lost a tenner already.

On Frodon, he also mentioned that they were disappointed with his Haydock Betfair Chase run before Christmas and that they found a few ulcers on him. He did not seem overly concerned but literally a health warning for me, he has come out and won since. But I would not be crazy about getting heavy on him in the Ryanair either. Although I will back him wherever he goes, he owes me nothing.

I would love to see A Plus Tard in the Queen mother, just saying. I get that the Ryanair will possibly be easier to win, but would love to see him thrown in the mix. Blackmore would want to be careful not to let Frodon get too far ahead, he is a gutsy liddle phucker.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

I doubt it will be the first or the last handicap plunge we hear about at this stage of the year. He is a 10 year old, doubt there is much improvement left in the horse.

Where did you read it? You might want to clarify if the Pipes have anything in it as he has won it a few times with them also? Codd pulled him up in a maiden hurdle a few years back, it doesn't exactly scream 2 year plot job either.

Only 12's now with Powers, madness, the weights are not even released for 48 hours.

Couldn’t see Jamie rideing him also couldn’t see him being good enough, would have to think codd rides le breuil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭spuddiesal

I too love FD for the Arkle. He just beats Notebook.

How is he going to beat him on even weights? Was getting a 7lb allowance last time and beaten 1.5 lengths.

From another racing forum this was the post but GOB mentioned on his betfair post earlier

“Had a bet on Ravenhill for this. Neighbours own the horse, i was told the main plan is here and they hoped Codd would ride. Nothing certain but NRNB 25/1 was attractive.

I see he’s shortened now, so a bit of price aftertiming”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

I still think City Island is a stonking e/w bet in the Stayers Hurdle.

madmoose wrote: »
    From another racing forum this was the post but GOB mentioned on his betfair post earlier

“Had a bet on Ravenhill for this. Neighbours own the horse, i was told the main plan is here and they hoped Codd would ride. Nothing certain but NRNB 25/1 was attractive.

I see he’s shortened now, so a bit of price aftertiming”

It sounds iffy. It might be a handicap but the race tends to be won by genuine types that have been on the easy list for a while to get a nice mark. I don't think Ravenhill is near the standard required, it has been a decent Grand National trial. Ballabriggs, Sunnyhillboy, Cause of Causes. I cannot see it with Ravenhill and never at 12/1.

But this is what happens now, this is where all the bull starts. Pundit colums and preview nights. In fairness to Gary O'Brien he has a decent head for picking winners, but I can't help feeling that brokers take what they say and start collapsing the price. The owners would have had a few quid at AP already, so the price collapse would not be from them, particularly as the weights are not out yet?

As I said these "plunges" will be getting highlighted for the next two weeks. I put them all down to the waffle section and look for value elsewhere.

It does look like he got ew money for the Troytown and at 142 he should get in the race. But getting improvement out of him would have to be a concern. Jamie Codd might have farmed the race but he is not the only conditional in the world? Be interesting to see what some of the younger Irish conditionals get up on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

spuddiesal wrote: »
    How is he going to beat him on even weights? Was getting a 7lb allowance last time and beaten 1.5 lengths.

Wouldnt be the first time form has been reversed along those lines. Happens all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

He just does.

Should have won at Leop imo and he'll be that bit fresher for Cheltenham.
    I probably underrate Notebook tbf.

He just does.

Should have won at Leop imo and he'll be that bit fresher for Cheltenham.
    I probably underrate Notebook tbf.

I think fakir will run in Marsh. O’Brien will figure out they can’t beat Notebook. There is no proof out there that he can improve 8.5 lengths.
    Who has fakir actually beat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Very black and white way of looking at things.

lemush wrote: »
    Very black and white way of looking at things.

To be fair he’s spot on, fakir isn’t reversing the form with an extra 7 pounds to make up

• Advertisement

stretchaq wrote: »
    Couldn’t see Jamie rideing him also couldn’t see him being good enough, would have to think codd rides le breuil

He was placed in the Kerry National, so there is ability there. But his profile says no. He is a 10 year old and only started chasing last summer. He was pointing 4 years ago so Elliott has done great with him, but not at the prices.

I would rather be on Le Breuil for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

To be fair he’s spot on, fakir isn’t reversing the form with an extra 7 pounds to make up

He’s not spot on. There’s variables after variables that could have an impact in the reversing of the form. If it was that black and white we’d all be millionaires.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Cash Back beats both Fakir and Notebook

lemush wrote: »
    He’s not spot on. There’s variables after variables that could have an impact in the reversing of the form. If it was that black and white we’d all be millionaires.

We will see on the day. I just can’t see how anyone could back him. Put it this way. If Honeysuckle wasn’t getting the 7lb allowance in Irish champion hurdle she would have finished out of the top 4. Fakir finished 4th in a poor supreme and was getting a 8lb allowance!
    They will need to step him up to try find improvement.

We will see on the day. I just can’t see how anyone could back him. Put it this way. If Honeysuckle wasn’t getting the 7lb allowance in Irish champion hurdle she would have finished out of the top 4. Fakir finished 4th in a poor supreme and was getting a 8lb allowance!
    They will need to step him up to try find improvement.

Agreed it's not impossible, but dont see how anyone could pick gim at 5/6s instead of Notebook at 11/4 given the task he has in reversing the form + an extra 7 lbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Agreed it's not impossible, but dont see how anyone could pick gim at 5/6s instead of Notebook at 11/4 given the task he has in reversing the form + an extra 7 lbs

Course form

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Course form

4th in Supreme and won a poor trial, would you say thats good enough course form to make you back him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cash Back beats both Fakir and Notebook

Cash Back worth backing now. If Fakir goes Marsh he will go to about 3/1. That was cash backs first hard race over fences so hopefully he can improve more than NB.

Whats this? In work cant open bookface as i dont have it.

Notebook a very solid fav alright lads and could well be hard to beat, he always seems to just do enough in front.
    But i personally thought Walsh gave Fakir a bit of a shocker at Leopardstown, i think he was too confident, gave Rachel too much rope.
    The prices are probably right. Fakir twice the price of Notebook, seems fair.

The 7lb swing makes it tougher alright, but different course, different ground, maybe a different ride, Notebook beaten 50 lengths at Cheltenham last year.. there's a lot of variables.

Chance he goes JLT but if ground if soft i'd say he 100% rocks up in the Arkle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement