Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sri Lanka

Options
  • 23-02-2020 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Thinking of visiting Sri Lanka early summer, just wondering has any boardsies been?
    Recommendations what to do not to do etc ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭lea26

Hi, we went ( 4 of us) in June of last year. Different parts of the country have totally different weather, i.e monsoon season in the south that time of year so worth checking that out

Everyone seems to get a personal driver for duration of trip, its not too expensive, worked out about 700euro for 10 days ( between 4). You wouldn't attempt to drive yourself, you'll see what i mean if you go.. highlights were train trip ella to kandy, Sigiriya Rock and Elephant Safari and Trincomlee.. our guide took us to lots of other places we didn't even have planned.. waterfalls, hikes, temples . Some really cheap high end hotels, worth paying that bit extra for too.

Weather was about 25 to 30 degrees most days. It is a beautiful country, very safe, food and drink is cheap as chips too...highly recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Negombo is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Many thanks, did you use a travel company to book holiday or DIY ?

quote="lea26;112646115"]Hi, we went ( 4 of us) in June of last year. Different parts of the country have totally different weather, i.e monsoon season in the south that time of year so worth checking that out

Everyone seems to get a personal driver for duration of trip, its not too expensive, worked out about 700euro for 10 days ( between 4). You wouldn't attempt to drive yourself, you'll see what i mean if you go.. highlights were train trip ella to kandy, Sigiriya Rock and Elephant Safari and Trincomlee.. our guide took us to lots of other places we didn't even have planned.. waterfalls, hikes, temples . Some really cheap high end hotels, worth paying that bit extra for too.

Weather was about 25 to 30 degrees most days. It is a beautiful country, very safe, food and drink is cheap as chips too...highly recommend[/quote]

Advertisement