Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trip to Greece - cancel??

• 22-02-2020 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Family holiday booked for Greece in May.. Not sure what to do with this bloody coronavirus?! Are people generally cancelling holidays or is it still safe to travel anywhere?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Treppen

Hi,

Family holiday booked for Greece in May.. Not sure what to do with this bloody coronavirus?! Are people generally cancelling holidays or is it still safe to travel anywhere?!

Few beers will fend it off. Be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just avoid the far East and your local Chinese takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 davedonie

People are totes still travelling, just not to China.

I am booked on a cruise of the Greek islands in May and I’m watching things carefully. It seems a ship is not a great place to be during this (what is turning into a) pandemic, but if I were going on a self-catering holiday on land I wouldn’t be as worried. At least you could limit interactions with others this way and enjoy the outdoors which would be perfectly safe. Indeed I think the best kind of holiday in this outbreak is a self-catering one. Should you regrettably develop Possible symptoms you could at least self-isolate more easily and get food delivered and left on the doorstep. In Greece you should be able to eat outdoors, thus reducing risk.

I am also due to travel to Namibia next month, which is concerning me, but at least the population density is extremely low there and much time will be outdoors away from crowds. Travelling through airports etc inevitably carries risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭KaneToad

davedonie wrote: »
    People are totes still travelling, just not to China.

Have been in four European airports over the past few days...CDG, AMS, LHR & DUB. None of them were quiet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Hi,

ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

KaneToad wrote: »
    Have been in four European airports over the past few days...CDG, AMS, LHR & DUB. None of them were quiet!

You can add Gatwick and Frankfurt to that list, both very busy this week.

Advertisement