Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-mail from "EIR" regarding verifing my account

Options
  • 09-02-2020 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a eircom.net account which I am in the process of closing due to the pending charge.

Friday I received an e-mail asking me to "verify" my account.

I expect to have migrated all my subscriptions and contacts by Tuesday so I do not plan to reply.

I am 99.99% sure this is a scam due to a spelling mistake but I wish to be 100%.

observations anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Impetus

AnRothar wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a eircom.net account which I am in the process of closing due to the pending charge.

Friday I received an e-mail asking me to "verify" my account.

I expect to have migrated all my subscriptions and contacts by Tuesday so I do not plan to reply.

I am 99.99% sure this is a scam due to a spelling mistake but I wish to be 100%.

observations anyone?

A friend, who is an Eir mobile victim told me that he gets continuous spam from Eir when roaming in the EU. Sign up for our extra cost roaming plan etc. Roaming is supposed to be 'like home' use in the EU.

Which smells as if the company is in breach of the EU directive on roaming charges, and Comreg seems to be totally behind them - because presumably Eir is regarded still as a fellow state enterprise in their mind (despite the fact that it has gone through numerous changes of ownership since the Dept of P&T/Telecom Eireann days).

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭AnRothar

Have not been abroad recently.
    Going with spam.
    Have a few legacy utilities to move then it wont matter.

Regards

Advertisement