Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fleas

• 16-02-2020 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭

So I've 3 cats and 3 dogs, no carpet except stairs, and no rugs, fabric sofa, everything else (eg bedframe) timber.
    Since Christmas I've washed dogs in flea shampoo 3 times, I've used spot on with fipronil as advised by vet. I've washed and hoovered and steamed anything and everything that could hold eggs etc, but they keep getting fleas back. Only one or 2 adults each time I find them, anyone any advice?

Edit: cats have been treated too

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Did you spray around the house eg between floorboards or under skirting boards, with a flea spray?
    I wonder is there something wildlifey out in your garden that they're picking fleas up from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

DBB wrote: »
    Did you spray around the house eg between floorboards or under skirting boards, with a flea spray?
    I wonder is there something wildlifey out in your garden that they're picking fleas up from?

I blasted everything with high power steamer, but might be something in garden, I'm in rural-ish area, we have hedgehogs and foxes around.
    I might have to get a flea spray, my house is like a laundry with beds and blankets hanging everywhere, all washed at 60 degrees.
    Wondered if I was missing something, often go a couple of years with no sign of a flea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

You can watch the dogs. Its most likely the cats. They are meeting others or a certain place which has them. A flea collar and a good dusting of powder left on them under fur down to skin should do trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

You can watch the dogs. Its most likely the cats. They are meeting others or a certain place which has them. A flea collar and a good dusting of powder left on them under fur down to skin should do trick.

Cats treated with spot on too, they all have been, yes there's feral cats about, there always have been, but it's strange that I can go so long with not one flea and since Christmas every week I'm finding them.
    I'm going to treat again this week as it's been 4 weeks since last dose, and steam/hoover and wash everything.
    Will try spray too.

Advertisement