Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under active thyroid

Options
  • 13-02-2020 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

So, today I found out I have an under active thyroid, any other good folk in here have it? I’m reading some alarming stuff on Sex, erectile dysfunction and fertility. Is that reversible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Possible yes if it is untreated.

If you are diagnosed you will then be meeting an endocrinologist and they will put you on levothyroxine that will replace the thyroid hormones that you are lacking and, hopefully, all should return to normal after a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Possible yes if it is untreated.

If you are diagnosed you will then be meeting an endocrinologist and they will put you on levothyroxine that will replace the thyroid hormones that you are lacking and, hopefully, all should return to normal after a time.

The GP put me on that straight away today

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

The GP put me on that straight away today

Hey feel free to PM me also on Eltroxin never met an endocrinologist - the brain fog is the worst! I’m slim built but find the tiredness really bad not sure how your finding everything since your newly diagnosed I’m 2 years in now taking the medication.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Any of you get pains in your joints, particularlly hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

I've an underactive thyroid and am on eltroxin over 15 years. Since I've been on it and got used to it it doesn't bother me at all. It seems to do the trick and I'm not bothered by it at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement