Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement ring insurance

Options
  • 04-02-2020 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all, just wondering if anyone know or has experience in getting an engagement ring insured on its own?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

mttk wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone know or has experience in getting an engagement ring insured on its own?
    Thanks

Only as part of home or contents insurance

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I originally had my engagement ring insured by itself, but that was in the UK so I can't give you a recommendation - I'm sure there is something similar in Ireland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭con747

mttk wrote: »
    Thanks

Get it valued at a jewellers and forward the valuation to your insurance company and request it is put on your policy.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I took out individual insurance for my engagement ring because I didn't have home or contents insurance at the time - the only insurance I already had was phone and travel insurance. If you have home or contents insurance though then it would make the most sense to get the ring added onto that.

Advertisement