Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musty smell in Caravan

Options
  • 06-01-2020 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Any way of getting rid of a musty smell in our caravan. When we used it the past few summers it smelled quite musty. Opened all windows for a couple of weeks before using it & cleaned it out well. Once it has the lived in smell with cooking etc its not too bad but when we get home any clothes we've taken with us smell musty. Going to wash seat covers & curtains before this season. Possibly a little damp getting in somewhere. Any magic cure.

Rgds,

T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Get it tested for damp, a habitation test is a good idea and may show up the source of the smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

That smell is from dampness. I run a dehumidifier in the motorhome in the winter. K take out a gallon a week. I could take put more but I dont want to leave it like a tattoo crisp but no issues with mouldy smell

Advertisement