Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help needed identifying vinyl record

Options
  • 25-01-2020 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hey I hope this is the right forum for this.. Mods move as appropriate..

I have a copy of The Smashing Pumpkins Adore on vinyl from 1998 still sealed in plastic shrink wrap. I wanted some advice because I wanted to see if I could identify this as a genuine record from 1998. I bought the record back in 2007 as a gift for my father. We always wanted to check the validity of it being an original and not a re issue or whatever.

If anyone could help I'd be ever so grateful.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

elstingeo wrote: »
    Hey I hope this is the right forum for this.. Mods move as appropriate..

I have a copy of The Smashing Pumpkins Adore on vinyl from 1998 still sealed in plastic shrink wrap. I wanted some advice because I wanted to see if I could identify this as a genuine record from 1998. I bought the record back in 2007 as a gift for my father. We always wanted to check the validity of it being an original and not a re issue or whatever.

If anyone could help I'd be ever so grateful.

Thanks.

I would say https://www.discogs.com/ is your start point, there should be some form of catalogue number on the record or cover somewhere...

There will also be engraving/writing along the inner end of the record with other identifiers on it, most likely the pressing plant or a message from the label...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭elstingeo

Fieldog wrote: »
    I would say https://www.discogs.com/ is your start point, there should be some form of catalogue number on the record or cover somewhere...

There will also be engraving/writing along the inner end of the record with other identifiers on it, most likely the pressing plant or a message from the label...

Thank you so much field dog. I was able to take a look there and identify it as a genuine 1998 issue. You've really helped me out. Thanks a million.

Advertisement