Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a loader to use on the road

Options
  • 22-01-2020 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Can anyone explain how to go about getting a loader registered so that it can be used on the road. The machine was purchased 10 years ago and was never taxed as it was kept on a farm. I’ve been searching and searching Google all bloody day and I’m still none the wiser . I’ve called the local motor tax office , rang dept of transport in Shannon and the RSA and no one has a clue ... anyone any experience of this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Given that you have tried the others, make a call to your local VRT office, which will be located at a NCT centre. They deal with the registering and re-registering of vehicles.

I helped a friend with the process with a vintage tractor, that had never been registered and it was all done through the VRT office.

Better to ring them or call in to ask about your specific case, the online process is only for straightforward cases.

Alternatively the dealer that supplied the machine new might be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sinkadinka

Testacalda wrote: »
    Given that you have tried the others, make a call to your local VRT office, which will be located at a NCT centre. They deal with the registering and re-registering of vehicles.

I helped a friend with the process with a vintage tractor, that had never been registered and it was all done through the VRT office.

Better to ring them or call in to ask about your specific case, the online process is only for straightforward cases.

Alternatively the dealer that supplied the machine new might be able to help

Thanks. I think it might be easier to stick it on a trailer and transport it that way !!!

Advertisement