Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Edward Snowden a disinfo agent?

• 13-01-2020 8:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

When he first came out in 2013, I found it difficult to believe that there wasn't some policy in place by the NSA to monitor documents being copied. He went away with thousands of documents and no one batted an eye.

Could the revelation be a way to lead governments against the U.S down a "red herring" and focus on false info about spying?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I work in a fairly secure environment, but it wouldn't be too hard to download docs. Apparently he had high level clearance and was extremely careful about it. Over the decades spies have managed to photograph, physically copy and digitally copy a lot of sensitive material. I wouldn't expect it's technically hard for people in the right positions to do. Just risky.

He's painful to listen to anyway..

He's definitely caught up in his own sort of superspy-save-the-world narrative..

He created a backup system for the NSA and he helped identify security flaws. He was given access to as much as anyone within the NSA.

I forget the proper quote but a former colleague said that even among geniuses, Snowden was at the top.

I enjoy a good conspiracy but I think Snowden is just a brain box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

saw him on joe rogan, couldn't help but smell fakeness, everything about the whole snowdonagram seems scripted, even his hair seemed in on it, perfectly tailored genX type, goatee beard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

LaFuton wrote: »
    saw him on joe rogan, couldn't help but smell fakeness, everything about the whole snowdonagram seems scripted, even his hair seemed in on it, perfectly tailored genX type, goatee beard.

So what do you reckon, he's a psyop?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Not sure, but I think that post contained some sarcasm....might be wrong :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Unlikely, as it now established he handed gigabytes of data over and the data revealed there was a secret classified worldwide NSA spying program.

Some bits of the leaked intelligence confirmed US intelligence agencies were hacking the networks systems of European institutions and they were penetrating and tapping the phones owned by European leaders, generals, and officials.  That not something you want to let out to the press. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

He created a backup system for the NSA and he helped identify security flaws. He was given access to as much as anyone within the NSA.

I forget the proper quote but a former colleague said that even among geniuses, Snowden was at the top.

I enjoy a good conspiracy but I think Snowden is just a brain box.

William Binney, was the first person to expose this long time ago, never got the same worldwide fame as Snowden. Many people consider him, a founder of the NSA. His official title was the NSA 'geopolitical technical director.

His whistleblower who claimed the 9/11 attack was a false flag and Russiagate was a hoax, that emails were leaked by insider, not by Russia to WikiLeaks..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Binney_(intelligence_official)

Advertisement