Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD - Repeating a year

Options
  • 27-11-2019 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi :) I'm a third year student at UCD and have a few questions about repeating a year.
    New academic regulations were brought into UCD this year whereby we're not allowed to do more than 40 credits a term; one of our current modules is worth 20-credits, so if we fail that (which is looking more and more likely by the day), we won't be able to attend all the modules (only 3 of the 4) for next semester (Jan 2020). This means that we essentially are held back a year in order to complete the one module we cannot attend, then we join the current second years for the rest of our degree.
    We've had numerous meetings with the officials in charge of these rules, but they're not budging on the matter, so I have a few questions about the practicalities of repeating a year -
    - How much is it likely to cost? It's a ten-credit module.
    - My SUSI grant will understandably be revoked for the repeat year, but will I be eligible for subsequent years (provided my circumstances remain the same)?
    I hope I don't come across as ungrateful or whiny - I'd just like to be as prepared as I can for any outcome.
    Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement