Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mattress on an existing mattress....

• 21-02-2020 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭

Currently I've a 5 years old mattress that's uncomfortable to sleep on, a single bed that you can feel the springs through. It's my sons. I'm gonna buy another but just stack the new one on top of the existing one so that when he has a pal for a sleepover we can lay out the old one.

In buying the new one is there any logic to identifying a very hard mattress, a particularly soft mattress or just buy any mattress.

Thanks in advance for any useful response.
    A

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Currently I've a 5 years old mattress that's uncomfortable to sleep on, a single bed that you can feel the springs through. It's my sons. I'm gonna buy another but just stack the new one on top of the existing one so that when he has a pal for a sleepover we can lay out the old one.

In buying the new one is there any logic to identifying a very hard mattress, a particularly soft mattress or just buy any mattress.

Thanks in advance for any useful response.
    A

Go in to the shop and lie on them. Thats really the best way to know. The people in the shop, if you go to a decent shop, should point you in the right direction too. Be careful though- the second last mattress I bought for my son was rubbish, even though I didn’t ask for a cheap one, it seems that’s what I was sold (if I remember rightly, I asked for a decent mattress for a child). Ended up replacing after a couple of years.
    I also would just get them to take away the old one, and buy an air mattress for sleepovers. Two mattresses will make the bed very high, and I think you need a bit of airflow around it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Another suggestion, throw out the old one and get the Malfors mattress from IKEA. It comes in standard single which is non-IKEA bed size, so should fit a normal single bed, but double check.

It's the one for the Hemnes day bed. It's designed to be used as 2 stacked mattresses or one mattress by itself.

2 stacked is a very comfy normal depth single bed mattress, each by itself is a decent sleepover mattress. We found it so comfy on the Hemnes we got it for our own bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Dont put a new sprung mattress on an old one, it will destroy both of them.

Advertisement