Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How can i adjust this door?

• 27-03-2020 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,193 ✭✭✭✭

Its a upvc door on a garden room and it requires a good shove to open and close it.

it seems like the little multi point locks are catching but i have tried with an allen key and cant seem to adjust them any higher than they are,

is there anything i am missing?

6BjMLZg.jpg

nNrbYFU.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I had the window guys come in and reset hinges and realign just before the covid hit -MUCH cheeper than a full house wide replacement of all windows which I thought I might need. They did a v good job and it worked ( for me). Might be worth getting the professionals in after the plague is over to have a look - I have one where the frame has warped/buckled but that can be fixed by resetting & a bit of paint and plastering - worth an evaluation before spending thousands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

adjusting is an art form, you may have to drop all 3? / 2 hinges right down to their lowest allen get settings close door over and then adjust each hinge some 5 turns at a time. each hinge in order.

its really trial and error. I was 1 hour adjusting my own new front door i fitted, its a palladio with lovely adjustment but its a complete head melt . once you have it though its like winning the lotto :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Cerco

Are the castors ( running wheels) under the door badly worn? I would think the door is sagging. I
    If so any successful adjustment will be temporary.
    You could with another person lift off the door and check underneath. Be careful the door is likely to be quite heavy, I would not attempt it alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,193 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Cerco wrote: »
    Are the castors ( running wheels) under the door badly worn? I would think the door is sagging. I
    If so any successful adjustment will be temporary.
    You could with another person lift off the door and check underneath. Be careful the door is likely to be quite heavy, I would not attempt it alone.

its a hinged door

and its only in about 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

those are only for adjusting the pull of the mechanism so the door seals against the frame.
    you need to adjust the hindges. probably pulling the top towards the frame to raise the handle side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement