Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many bags of cement, sand and gravel for 2 cubic metres?

• 26-03-2020 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭

How many bags of cement, sand and gravel I need to mix 2 cubic metres of concrete?

-25kg cement bag?
    -40kg sand?
    -40kg gravel?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Those figures aren't even remotely close.
    Here's a handy online calculator:
    https://www.practicaldiy.com/general-building/concrete-calculators/concrete-calculator-met-2.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

FrankC21 wrote: »
    How many bags of cement, sand and gravel I need to mix 2 cubic metres of concrete?

-25kg cement bag?
    -40kg sand?
    -40kg gravel?

https://www.practicaldiy.com/general-building/concrete-calculators/concrete-calculator-met-2.php

Try this...

Whoops, beaten to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭FrankC21

-25kg cement bag?
    -40kg sand?
    -40kg gravel?

Thanks, those values are the weights of each bag if i buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Get ton bags of concrete aggregate mix if you can, it would be a lot more economical

Thanks, those values are the weights of each bag if i buy them.

Ah, apologies, I read it that you meant just those quantities of materials :D

Anyhow, 1 cubic meter of general purpose concrete will require:
    approximately 750kg of cement = 30 x 25kg bags
    2 tonnes or so of sand = 50 x 40kg bags
    and 3 tonnes or so of gravel = 75 x 40kg bags

That's a LOT of material, I'd strongly suggest calling in a ready-mix lorry!

EDIT: The figures above are for 2 cubic meters, not 1 as stated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Melodeon wrote: »

Yep, I guess ready mix is what I need. So I will dig up the the base and prepare the hardcore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Melodeon wrote: »

Really over estimated there. 1 cubic metre of concrete contains approx 3-400 kg of cement and about 2ton of sand/gravel mix. 2 metres could be done easy enough even with a small mixer and 2 people in 3 hrs. Did a 1.5 metres in Feb on an afternoon with a small mixer on my own. Mixed, poured and finished in just over 4 hours. Key is to have material close to pour and short trip for barrow

Really over estimated there. 1 cubic metre of concrete contains approx 3-400 kg of cement and about 2ton of sand/gravel mix. 2 metres could be done easy enough even with a small mixer and 2 people in 3 hrs. Did a 1.5 metres in Feb on an afternoon with a small mixer on my own. Mixed, poured and finished in just over 4 hours. Key is to have material close to pour and short trip for barrow

DOH!

The figures I gave were for the OP's 2 cubic meter requirement!

I'll edit that for clarity.

Advertisement